24 hour endurance

  • Thread starter Thread starter Turbovl_PSN
  • 12 comments
  • 1,190 views
Messages
70
Messages
turbovl
can you save mid game and continue another time??
 
no
 
I heard there is an update coming with the mid game saves
 
Polyphony Digital is working on an update to include mid-race saves. Whether it's the next update or not will be left up to them. But at this time, this option is currently not available.

Oh, and just so you know, your B-Spec buddies can't join you in those races. Or any A-Spec race for that matter. So you'll be doing the full 24 hours yourself. At least you can pause.
 
I heard there is an update coming with the mid game saves

Yeh we all heard that at least 3 months ago and no sign of it yet, ive been waiting to do the Nurburgring 24 hr now for 2 month and gave up waiting. PD could have put out this update well before now IF they had done it, online PSN isnt needed to do these updates so IMO i would'nt hold any hopes on it in the near future.
Personelly i think PD are keeping updates to a minimum so as to keep us from comleting the game to early unless you want to risk YLOD> Ive taken the risk option as mine ps3 is a slim and only 14 months old.
 
can you save mid game and continue another time??

Unfortunately, no. However, PD is possibly finalizing the development of In-race saving. But the confirmation was since March 1st (thank you, search), but I'm not complaining that's taking that long.
 
I have only to complete the two 24 hour races. There is no way I will do these races without a way to "save" progress.

The 9 hour race was harrowing since pausing the race exposed me to mistakes, PS3 glitches and power outings. It is unreasonable to expect people to spend 24 hours racing and not have a way of saving progress.

I would like it to be an option at the pits stops and not in lap. Pit stops coming every 30 minutes or so and this would expose you only to losing 30 minutes of racing if something goes wrong.

I personally think that the Championship series should not have "saves" because the current approach really puts pressure on the player to not screw up the later races and blow their chances for a Gold. With in game save between races the Championship series become no different that just winning individual races.
 
Even in real life, no one driver is expected to stint the whole 24, so I think an acceptable alternative would be to allow you to sub a b spec driver in when sleep/boredom beckons.
 
17hrs in to the 24hrs of Lemans right now...I wish I could have paused, saved and taken it to the inlaws today for memorial day...I'm itching to finish
 
Even in real life, no one driver is expected to stint the whole 24, so I think an acceptable alternative would be to allow you to sub a b spec driver in when sleep/boredom beckons.

I like how GT4 allowed your Bob to run a couple of stints or the whole thing. I'm surprised GT5 didn't carry this feature over, and now I think they're paying a little for it. Rather than work on other features, they have to fix/adjust/salvage this one because most players simply can't do 24 hour enduros because of external reasons (lack of time, family, work, etc.).
 
Back