24 Hour Race

Messages
285
Ireland
Wexford, Ireland
Messages
CrackedTrlgger17
I've just experienced my first 24 hr. race. It was b-spec, but I checked in on Bob every so often. I have to say I was amazed, this is Grand Turismo! I found myself just watching the race with the HUD turned off for a bit. I've seen too many threads of late bashing PD ...... "this is missing" ..... "that's wrong". So how's about some appretiation for some of the things in the game which are just perfect. I was dreading the 24 hr. races in A-spec.... now I can't wait.

So have any of you had one of these moments with GT5?
 
My first no hud, which was in the Nurb with a C3 Corvette.

I span out like 5 times but the lap never went dirty.

Its plain too beautiful.
 
I tried to start the 24 Hr La Sarthe today with Bob. He pitted after 2 hrs to change from Rain to Racing Hard and promptly proceeded to spin out at every turn after that.
 
It changed my life, seriously. I'm studying to enter in the Mechanical Engineer college after playing GT5 from the launch.

I was always amazed by cars, racing, speed... I'm a very very F1 fan, I grew up watching Nelson Piquet and Ayrton Senna winnings... actually I'm a amateur go kart driver, check it out: (www.fkbh.com.br). But the feeling got over me after "living" the GT5 experience.

My first 24 hours was 8/8/8, I couldn't do more, I did it alone with the Toyota GT-ONE (TS020). Amazing!!! I won by 3 laps ahead! I'm looking forward to have time to do the Nurburgring now, but it's a shame having to repeat several Le Mans to do that.

I recommend you getting your A-Spec 24h asap. The checkered flag never taste so good!

AleX
 
PD & Kaz have done a lot right. Unfortunately they've just done a lot wrong. Most of which is entwined. Meaning it's hard to enjoy the good without constantly being reminded of the bad. I can't sit there and watch the replay of the Daytona races, which are the MOST competitive in the game, without being reminded of the box-shadows so prominent every time the car takes a lap. To me those box shadows are the lowest bush league play PD could have made. How long ago, how many generation of PS games did they get rid of Box shadows? Here we are in 2011 and GT5 has Box Shadows??? You gotta be kidding me! I don't even thing the Lego-Games my kids play have Box-Shadows!
 
No I want to do the 24 hour races, I just wish the Nurburgring 24 hour was in Nurubrgring 24 hr car, other than Le mans cars
 
I completely agree that sometimes GT can blow minds. I love the endurance races and cannot wait until I've reached the 24h races. All I need to do now is make some friends so that I don't have to do it on my own!
I ran the 24h in GT4 without pausing and with Bob doing every other 4 hours, it nearly killed me but, my word, what an experience.
 
Thanks for the responses lads, glad to see I'm not the only one who can enjoy the game for what it is. I agree the Nurburgring would be better with a different set of cars, but its what we have to do, it makes it more difficult, maybe thats what they were going for. On the shadows, I don't want to talk about them anymore, it is what it is, and we're not gonna see a change. Delighted with the GT- One I won for B-Spec, think that'll be my A-Spec car, I'll try it out for an hour or so anyway, see how I get on :) Feel free to post any cars you've used and enjoyed the races with :)
 
The endurance races are my favorites. I just finished the 24 hours of LeMans a couple of days ago (A spec). It was amazing. I used the Minolta 88C-V. It rained 20 of the 24 hours. It wasn't raining during the twilight hours and I really enjoyed how beautiful everything looked at that time. It was stunning. There were fireworks for a couple of hours during the night and that cool too. I was hoping the rain would quit by sunrise, because I bet that would have gorgeous also. It was a great experience. Definitely give it a go. I did it over three days and drove about 21 of the hours. I parked the car a few times to kill some time and let the other cars catch up. I ended up winning by just 2 minutes. It wasn't as grueling as I thought it would be. Having a Obutto w/G25 certainly helps.
 
Back