24 hour races 24 REAL hours?

  • Thread starter Thread starter bettybluegt
  • 27 comments
  • 3,619 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
38
Messages
bettybluegt
Are the two 24 hour races really 24 real life hours? Because I'm bored already and my driver is only on hour 2...
 
Yes
 
No getting around it its a real 24, so just have to go through with it
 
in-race saves are coming, im waiting for those
 
Thanks for the response people..... Sigh...
 
it's like Ronco. Just set it and forget it!
 
snowxdadx3
it's like Ronco. Just set it and forget it!

Little hard to do because I watch shows on my ps3... Got almost all of Top Gear.. Guess I'll watch some dvds.
 
I think it's really irresponsible to just leave your PS3 running like that. just giving my opinion. I'd rather wait for in-game saves.
 
Yes. Your PS3 won't burn out either, they can run at least a whole week.
 
I think it's really irresponsible to just leave your PS3 running like that. just giving my opinion. I'd rather wait for in-game saves.

PS3s can run fine for as long as you like (provided they're not wrapped in towels or anything).
 
You could pause the game ever so often and then come back to it. Watch tv, eat, go to work, then go back to the game, I try to break the monotony by beating lap times, or adjusting my driving to try different driving lines.
 
Are the two 24 hour races really 24 real life hours? Because I'm bored already and my driver is only on hour 2...

Bored? Just go to bed and let your driver do the 22 hours and let as know the outcome tomorrow. :)
 
You could pause the game ever so often and then come back to it. Watch tv, eat, go to work, then go back to the game, I try to break the monotony by beating lap times, or adjusting my driving to try different driving lines.

Oh B-Spec, now I feel retarded:dunce:
 
p0p0ng
Bored? Just go to bed and let your driver do the 22 hours and let as know the outcome tomorrow. :)

Race should be over by 4pm!
 
I won and it look a few hours less then a real 24 hours. Explain that!
 
I won and it look a few hours less then a real 24 hours. Explain that!

You missed a couple of hours while sleeping :lol:
 
bettybluegt
I won and it look a few hours less then a real 24 hours. Explain that!

You were either...
A) using an X2010 so you could sit & wait for a few hours near the end of the race
B) you fell asleep and somehow caught up
C) Your clock is wrong
D) GT5's timer is wrong
E) You became delirious from staring at a screen for 22 hours
F) You're a hacker
G) You're a lier
H) A combination of some of the above

If it's none of them it didn't happen
 
You were either...
A) using an X2010 so you could sit & wait for a few hours near the end of the race
B) you fell asleep and somehow caught up
C) Your clock is wrong
D) GT5's timer is wrong
E) You became delirious from staring at a screen for 22 hours
F) You're a hacker
G) You're a lier
H) A combination of some of the above

If it's none of them it didn't happen

LOOL! ^^ You so made my day! :D:D
 
, I try to break the monotony by beating lap times

I know the OP was talking about Bspec, but in A spec I do the same as you.

I've not done a 24 hour yet, but in the shorter endurances it was fun trying to beat my own times on each lap.

This is especially true when your car it much better than the rest and coming 1st is a foregone conclusion :)
 
You were either...
A) using an X2010 so you could sit & wait for a few hours near the end of the race
B) you fell asleep and somehow caught up
C) Your clock is wrong
D) GT5's timer is wrong
E) You became delirious from staring at a screen for 22 hours
F) You're a hacker
G) You're a lier
H) A combination of some of the above

If it's none of them it didn't happen

LMAO that made me laugh a lot
 
I think it's really irresponsible to just leave your PS3 running like that. just giving my opinion. I'd rather wait for in-game saves.

Ridiculous post of the day right here!!
 
I know the OP was talking about Bspec, but in A spec I do the same as you.

I've not done a 24 hour yet, but in the shorter endurances it was fun trying to beat my own times on each lap.

This is especially true when your car it much better than the rest and coming 1st is a foregone conclusion :)

Well if you use a car closer in PP with the AI and you find yourself losing time, until you find a strategy that works, i can guarantee you, you won't get bored! :sly:

The last time i did the 24 HR of Nurburgring with a Purgeot 908, i struggled with the rain. PLEASE...Practice in the rain and at night FIRST! I ended up 5 mins behind 12 hours into it.

Halfway through the night, the rain had stopped and i was at least matching it with them. Only when the sun came up, was i able to start reeling them in. 20 mins before the end, with 3 laps to go. i finally took the lead!

When pitting in, i put only enough fuel to get me home +5 liters (err on the side of caution) and jumped him by 30 seconds! The final lap was the only lap when i relaxed & cruised to the checkered flag. Most grueling race i have ever done! Boredom... Not a chance!? :crazy:
 
Are you deliberately bringing back threads that are nearly 2 years old?
 
Are you deliberately bringing back threads that are nearly 2 years old?

^ Although the person was probably just being a good person and actually using the search bar for once and found this thread to answer his question instead of starting a completely new thread over it lol.
 
^ Although the person was probably just being a good person and actually using the search bar for once and found this thread to answer his question instead of starting a completely new thread over it lol.

Thank you! Catch 22 it seems!? I've read what defines thread bumping and that's not what i was doing. What i've read in the best practices is it's okay if you contribute something new/relevant to the topic. Nowhere have i read anything about age of the thread having anything to do with it.

Anyway, Best practices is only a guide. Not a license for people to make something out of nothing. The AUP is the letter-of-the-law, so to speak, and it's not referred to at all in there.
 
But replying to someone who hasn't even logged in in over 4 months is a bit pointless too, don't you think?

Your post also had nothing to do with this topic. Your post is about your race, when the thread is asking if 24 hour races actually last 24 hours. If you wish to tell us about your race, why not post a report of it in the race reports forum?

So, in future, try and find a newer thread to post in.

Locking.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back