24 hours Le Mans - stupid AI !!! Total disaster!!!

Having finished 24 hours A spec only on the Ring recently, I wasnt too much into driving another 24 hours , especilally on such a boring track as Le Mans.
In order not to risk any failure on B-Spec ( which is much slower than my granpa) I took a Formula I car against the pack - Le Mans cars ( well, the only 1 I remember is that 9rcsomething Nissan). As I said I didnt want to risk any failure so I decided to drive couple of laps myself to gain decent advantage over the pack before switching to Bspec. So I did.. after 1 hour I was some 3 or 4 minutes ( althoug I had to pit much more often) ahead so I decided to change the driver. Well, as I dont trust the B spec Bob that much I made sure he is safely gaining distance on the first couple of laps driving on 4, despite the longer pit stops.
I was convinced I have already won so I turned on the TV and went to bed.
And now for the best part: when I switched the tv back on next afternoon I was 6th, 3 hours behind the rest!!! :yuck:
Why? Simple... that retard drove off the track on lap 264 , rammed into the fence, bounced in the corner of the fence and kept driving back and forth,back and forth,back and forth,back and forth,back and forth,back and forth... for more than 3 hours. NO FURTHER COMMENT.

Well I got that stupid idiot at least 1lap ahead of everyone in a C5R and I then let it (bob) take over....He maintains the lead until theres 1hr left and then the rat-bastard refused to PIT!!! Ran out of fuel at the beginning of the lap and had to drive around the entire track at 50mph...Refueled and then HE DID IT AGAIN!!! I will never use that prick again.

You want to know something even more retarded than that??

The other day I was messing around on Laguna Seca and I decided to watch the replay. Well it was a near perfect run on my part, only clipped the corner on turn 6 coming on to Rahal Straight, took it to wide, but it was no big thing.

Anyway, on to the replay to watch it coming in to turn 6 my car spins out in to the wall.. Than randomly starts backing up and ramming in to the wall. After 3 minutes of this he got himself unstuck. Needless to say I lost the race in the replay when in reality I won the race.

Replay Reg is worse than B-Spec Bob :grumpy:

Did you have any codes on? Because codes do mess up everything, and codes DO make your replays strange. By this I mean tthat your car will randomly drive off the track and ram into the wall, turn, reverse or whatever. I remember when i had the acceleration 16x on my f1 at Laguna, the car went so fast at the uphill portion that the springs didnt reacct in timeso the car kind of drags and bonuces the way up that hill.

No it was weird I didn't have anything on.. He just drove off the road, made sweet love to the wall for 3 minutes and than continued on its way.

No it was weird I didn't have anything on.. He just drove off the road, made sweet love to the wall for 3 minutes and than continued on its way.

That happend to me also. No codes used. The replay was all screwed up compared to the race. I dont think the AI could control my RX7, but it shouldnt have to, its just replaying what we did. Ah well. AI drivers = :dunce:

I love B-spec mode or bob as you lot call it. It works perfectly for me and he makes no mistakes so it must mean your one must be extremelly retarded my friend is the same no probs with his either ahh nevermind you probably dont use as much as me mainly because i can't be bothered to do a long race myself im a bit lazy.

Was that your B-spec driver that made that post? Make sure you make your posts in A-spec. B-Spec Bob doesn't know much about punctuation.

You have at least 3 full stops and 2 commas missing.

Please make sure you use English to the best of your ability. We have a lot of members who do not speak English as a first language and they would have a great deal of trouble reading your posts.

b-spec bobby did well for me at the nurburgring nordschliefe. ran the 25-lap 1000 mile race in a '54 corvette. i ran till the first pit stop, then let bob take over. had him pit at lap 24, and i drove the last lap.won too. i agree with you on the lemans part, though. bobby kept going kamikaze on me at the hairpin after the mulsanne straight. ran right into that wall:grumpy: :mad: :banghead: :irked:.

I posted this in the what's happening to people in the Sarthe enduro thread but I may as well post it here too...

B-Specing the enduros does make strange things happen such as grinding to a stop on the straight but I think that's because Bob is programmed to turn there but can't because the chicanes aren't there. The really weird thing is, if you use the 787B, non of the weird stuff happens! Now that's weird.

I posted this in the what's The really weird thing is, if you use the 787B, non of the weird stuff happens! Now that's weird.

Uaah. Spooky! :eek: The thing is I simply can't race 24 hours. If I slept 4 hours and Bobby boy is doing his weird stuff I should better have 4 litres of coffee to drive all the 24 hours otherwise I wouldn't win.

Uaah. Spooky! :eek: The thing is I simply can't race 24 hours. If I slept 4 hours and Bobby boy is doing his weird stuff I should better have 4 litres of coffee to drive all the 24 hours otherwise I wouldn't win.
Y'know, you can pause the game :odd:

well...i wasn't in b-spec mode(it's not on this game), but i wasn't in controll of the car either. I will never forget this either...well, anyways, i was playing GT3 & i was using the F-1 car for that one championship that u can't see till you get your S liscence or something special like that to acces it. it was a 78 lap race, if i remember correctly, at Cote`de Azure. I had like 6 or 7 laps left & the wear indicator for my tires was red for the rear & orange for the front & i figured, "what the heck, i'll just finish the race without pitting to practice on my drifting skillz," i was like 3 or 4 laps a head of the entire field so i wasn't in any danger of loosing...or so i thought. 2 laps later, the car was unbearable so i went ahead and pitted & that's where the unthinkable happened with 3 laps to go. i entered the pits, going fairly quick, the computer took over as it always does & somehow it lost control & stopped with the front bumper facing strait towards the wall, well, on most tracks that would have been no problem, but on this track the entrance to pit road is nearly impossible to turn around on...so the only way to get un stuck would be to get pushed from one of the other cars, if they all hadn't just pitted. So there you have it people....the second most sucky moment on GT3

Back