24 Hours of Le Mans question

  • Thread starter Thread starter RacingManiac
  • 7 comments
  • 1,246 views
Messages
2,028
United States
United States
Messages
RaceManiacGT1
Just to get an idea on how this race runs in A-spec, how fast generally are the AI laptime wise? And also how are the tire wears for a generally competitive car(ie, not X2010).

I did a quick go on the online lounge mode using a 908 and running "comfortable" pace(as it not pushing 100% to reduce mistake) and on RH tire thats about 3:40 lap and RS tire about mid-low 3:30s), and the RS tire lasts about 10 laps before laptime starting to suffer greatly.
 
No one did the 24 hours race yet?
 
I am doing this race in bspec right now. The fastest time the ai has run is a 3:37. You also have to factor in rain...it's pouring right now and the laptimes have dropped considerbly. They are running 5:11's at the moment.
 
The overall quickest AI cars are the C60 Hybrid and then the Audi R8'01. The R8 could be faster in the rain though, I'm not sure about that.

Both run ca. 3.30.xx - 3.31.xx on their fastest laps. The C60 Hybrid pits every 8 laps, but I have seen it do 9 laps once. The R8 '01 runs 10 laps, but is quite slow on his laps 9 and especially 10 because of his rear tires. I think the C60 Hybrid wins actually because of more consistent laptimes.

If you can preserve your tires and still be quick towards your lap 10, you don't have to be as quick as they are on the fast laps.
 
Last edited:
Thanks, good info.....I can work with that....:)
 
The overall quickest AI cars are the C60 Hybrid and then the Audi R8'01. The R8 could be faster in the rain though, I'm not sure about that.

Both run ca. 3.30.xx - 3.31.xx on their fastest laps. The C60 Hybrid pits every 8 laps, but I have seen it do 9 laps once. The R8 '01 runs 10 laps, but is quite slow on his laps 9 and especially 10 because of his rear tires. I think the C60 Hybrid wins actually because of more consistent laptimes.

If you can preserve your tires and still be quick towards your lap 10, you don't have to be as quick as they are on the fast laps.
Wow, how long it take you to do Le Mans? 24hrs duh, but I mean obviously you didn't do it all at once!
 
I started Friday after work and raced ca. 6 hours until it's dark. On Saturday I did ca. 10 hours until the morning and finished it on Sunday. I did it with short brakes after every 2-3 pitstops, where I try to do something without looking at a display. I did that twice so far and I'm looking forward to the next. It's quite relaxing after all.
 
Back