#24 Hours Of Le Mans#

• Thread starter xiSealHDz
  • 1 comments
Finland
Liquicity
Sealii
sillipurnukka
Hello ladies and gentlemen and welcome to my report from my 1st ever attempt on this legendary 24-hours lenght endurance race taking place at circuit de la sarthe! Its rainy day here on Finland so it's almost perfect day to start this notorius race.I will be doing reports every two hours.But lets get straight to the point now:)

From other users experiences i have heard that the race gets boring pretty quick so heres couple things that will (hopefully) keep me going.​

Motivation:
images

Battery.jpg

The Grid:

1st.R8 Race Car'01
images

Team Audi has brought two cars today,the R8 and the R10 TDI.They will be no-doubt very strong contenders against the rest of the pack and with quite many victories on le mans already,they are looking to finish on the podium.
Driver:K.Feller

2nd.Courage-Judd GV5 Race car '04
5411015881_23ee90920f_z.jpg

Team Pescaloro is bringing 3 cars,two Judd's and one courage c60.As their "home track" All the Judd's should be very competetive with their home track advantage and state of the art lmp's.They are looking for top finishes for sure.
Driver:A.Marquez

3rd.CLK-LM Race car '98
Mercedes-Benz-CLK-LM_2.jpg

Team Mercedes have will also participate with their CLK-LM model,powered by AMG. Team is probable going to compete against vipers,as their CLK is lot slower than top lmp's on this event.The tire strategy will be important and hopefully gives the edge against the vipers.
Driver:T.Rivas

4th. Speed 8 Race car '03
car_photo_12320_7.jpg

Team Bentley will be definately a one to keep eye on.They are bringing their two speed 8's and one is driven by a freshman in le mans,Sam(xiSealHDz) who qualified on 7th place. Both drivers are from FinlandThe team is expecting a good result from both of their drivers and they are looking for competing with the Audi's.Again,on this case the tire strategy is very important.On the pits there have been rumours from Team Bentleys car,which is driven by Sam.Rumours say that there is a special setup for his car.We will wait and see how the car performs.
Driver:V.Huovinen

5th.Viper GTS-R Team Oreca Race car
Viper91a.jpg

Team oreca is not going to be on top with their two Viper GTS-R 's but they are expecting some across-garage fighting,but keeping in mind they want to bring two of their vipers safe to checquered flag.The only car that they might have change overtaking is the CLK.
Driver:V.Nurminen

6th. V12-LMR Race car '99
99_bmw_z12LMR_018.jpg

After their notorius Le Mans victory in 1999,the BMW Motorsport is back with their V12 LMR.Team is expecting challenging Judd's and hoping to finish top 6
Driver:E.Avery

7th. Speed 8 Race Car '03
Driver:Sam (xiSealHDz)

8th.R10 TDI Race Car
0406191lg.jpg

Driver:V.Buck

9th.C60-Hybride- Judd Race Car '05
pescarolo_courage_c60_hybrid_judd_large_25202.jpg

Driver:F.Meija

10th. Viper GTS-R Team Oreca Race Car
Driver:D.Murata

11th.GT-ONE Race Car (TS020) '99
Toyota%20GT%20One%20Front.jpg

Toyota is bringing their legendary GT-ONE,which was even driven by Keiichi Tsuchiya on Le Mans on 1998.Team is expecting some serious battling with the V12 LMR and who knows,maybe with the Judd's.
Driver:P.Vasseur

12th.Courage C60-Peugeot Race Car '03
Driver:W.Martin

any comments about the "op" is appreciated:tup: and stay tuned for the reports from the race:)

2hour mark.29 Laps

Race started at 100% wet:crazy:

Okay so the race was on and we all stormed for the 1st corner,while r8 and the gv5 judd were 1st and 2nd. before mulsanne straight i was able to overtake the leading r8 by hair.By end of the mulsanne straight the pack was divided into 3 groups. i was about 7 secs leading after the first lap due spin after the last porsche curve. At fifth lap i got overtaken by r8 due two spins at porsche curves:ouch: but soon i regained my lead and we went to pits at the same time with r8 at lap 14,got a lead of 30secs by then. My "teammate" speed 8 was at 4th place,fighting with v12 lmr,while they went to pits. as predicted CLK was bit ahead of the vipers.GT-ONE and the R10 TDI with c60-hybride were battling places 9,8,7. When 22 hours remaining,sam is leading by 2,5 minutes,when r8 still on 2nd and c60-hybride judd currently on the 3rd place with a solid drive and good tactic.Followed by gv5 and v12 lmr on 4th and 5th.Its still 100% wet.

4hour mark.57 laps
This is what my feelings are right now.
noreallyouareinterestingp1.gif

Yeah,theres havent been happening anything major during past two hours really..Been lapping those vipers countless times,been spinning on porsche curves countless times and been pitting approx. every 12 to 14 laps.The pack have remained unchanged,only places which have changed are 3,4,5 among Judd GV5,Speed 8 and V12 LMR if i remember right. but yeah going to get some sleep now.( its still 100% wet :crazy: )

6hour mark.85 LAPS

Well team bentley had a disaster just before 6 hour mark.they run out of fuel in the middle of mulsanne straight and the audi r8 overtook and decreased the gap to 1 lap.the unlucky was the freshman,Sam.Weather report: the track is slowly drying its still 99% wet tho.And its pitch black at the moment so drivers are paying extra attention to their braking point's and throttle control.Couple of spins have been seen aswell,most of them at porsche curves.But until now,cya on the 8 hour mark :)

8hour mark.108laps

Nothing special have happened,its 100% dry now an pitch black tho.I will repoort back here as soon as i have finished the race.I see no point reporting every 2 hours becuase nobody actually reads these xD

Last edited:
Yep i know what you mean it gets really boring after couple of hours. I did the Nurburgring 24h few weeks ago and it was wery hard because the track is very narrow and pumpy, especially in the dark.

Le Mans track is a lot easier and there is much more room to overtake the slower cars.
Good luck with the race:tup:

Back