24 Hours of Le Sarthe II

United States
None of your business
I'm driving a black 787B, worn oil, with a slightly tweaked suspension and transmission. I also have maximum downforce set. In fact, except for a chassis refresh and a rollcage, this is fresh off of the Mogeti Superspeedway endurance I just reported on a couple of hours ago...

The pack is a good one... another 787B, the Minolta, the Sauber, a Peugot 905, and the Jaguar XJR-9...

Hour 1: The race is an astounding 176 point race... But my extensive experience with this track should serve me well... In fact by lap 3, I'm in the lead... By now I'm thinking, "Can it really be this easy with 176 points?"

I am quickly answered with a resounding "NO!"... actually paying attention to the TV screen instead of the computer has it's advantages... I just rammed into the end of the main stretch at full throttle...

I regain the lead on lap 8, and pit on lap 9.

I keep the lead from that point on, pitting on lap 19, ending the hour a whopping 25 seconds ahead of the second-place car... the previous experience here seems to really be paying off...

Hour 2: I decide to see how long I can go on fuel, and go a little easier on the gas pedal (Or, the X button in this case ;) ). I manage to squeeze 11 laps out of my tank, albeit at the cost of the lead position. I spend the next hour cruising along, creeping up on the 2 lead cars.

Hour 3:

Hour 4: This hour is pretty uneventful... I pass the Peugot, and drafting the other 787B, before pitting after a 10-lap stint (With 1 unit of fuel left :scared:)

Hour 5: 1 minute in, I get my first 360+ degree spin! Clipping the grass, and with my rear tires still relatively cold, I attempted to correct, but it was too late... I overcorrected, and spun... Anyways, I'm in first place with 74 laps under my belt, and I'm close to 40 seconds ahead of the second-place car.

I've become a little daring this hour... I've decided to drop back to 3rd place, behind the Minolta and the Sauber. Here I've waited, and pitted with them, taking a small amount fuel, and medium tires... when the time is right, which I suspect will be in the next hour, I'll make my move...

Hour 6: I pit again, remaining behind the 2 lead cars... Pitting again on lap 96 with the others, then warming up my tires on lap 97. On lap 98, the time comes to make my move... I draft both the Minolta and the Sauber on the straight, keeping above 230 MPH for most of the straight (My top speed is 227, without the oil change.), and get a best lap of 3:04.824.

Hour 7: Good news everyone! I just ran out of gas! I've just pitted, and I am now 2 minutes and 20 seconds behind the Minolta, in 3rd place...

Hour 9: I've regained the lead for now... but the chassis of the car is starting to lose integrity, and the car is succumbing to "stick-steer" at high speeds. I put on Hard tires on both the front and rear to counter act this. The effect is only temporary... after the next pitstop, the car is once again trying to act like sort of a rusty pendulum at 227 miles per hour...

Hour 10: Once again I pit, this time taking Superhards in the front, and hards in the rear, and this helps for quite a while, until the halfway after the first pit stop. During the second pit stop, I leave the front tires on, and put mediums on the rear. But, this has absolutely no effect at all.

Hour 11: By now, the chassis wear is so pronounced, that I'm literally spinning out on the backstretch every single lap... by the end of the hour, I'm already lapped by the Minolta, and give up...

It seems my PS2 was ready to give up as well... just before I was about to pause again to exit the race, it froze. Seems it didn't like being kept on for 12 days straight. O_o and it's really hot too... I'm surprised it didn't shut itself down, with its power indicator flashing red like it normally would... I guess I'll have to make some, erm, modifications to it.

Last edited:
ROFLS knew someone who froze after the race had finished

did the full 24 hours
Then had to buy a new controller :)

Anyways how did you get the black 787B never seen one before :P

He bought it between day 694-700 or every 700 days after that.

Are you ever going to try again?

Well, if he wants a (checks prize car list) '03 Bentley Speed 8, yes, I think he would want to try again.

ROFLS knew someone who froze after the race had finished

did the full 24 hours
Then had to buy a new controller :)

Anyways how did you get the black 787B never seen one before :P

The black 787B, among other black Le Mans racers, can be bought for 6 days before every 700 day cycle ends.

i was passed that one
but it was boring when i did the one of the 24h sarthe
in a-spec because of a error of the track with b-spec mode on these hight speed cars.
that was at 1 year ago in my 1st carrer
now im on 99% on 2nd carrer all made on manual gear
but lasts races i have to do are both 24h sarthe races.
oh no:drool:
im going to try to buy all cars of gran turismo
not the black versions :dunce:

I'm driving a black 787B, worn oil, with a slightly tweaked suspension and transmission. I also have maximum downforce set. In fact, except for a chassis refresh and a rollcage, this is fresh off of the Mogeti Superspeedway endurance I just reported on a couple of hours ago...

The pack is a good one... another 787B, the Minolta, the Sauber, a Peugot 905, and the Jaguar XJR-9...

Hour 1: The race is an astounding 176 point race... But my extensive experience with this track should serve me well... In fact by lap 3, I'm in the lead... By now I'm thinking, "Can it really be this easy with 176 points?"

I am quickly answered with a resounding "NO!"... actually paying attention to the TV screen instead of the computer has it's advantages... I just rammed into the end of the main stretch at full throttle...

I regain the lead on lap 8, and pit on lap 9.

I keep the lead from that point on, pitting on lap 19, ending the hour a whopping 25 seconds ahead of the second-place car... the previous experience here seems to really be paying off...

Hour 2: I decide to see how long I can go on fuel, and go a little easier on the gas pedal (Or, the X button in this case ;) ). I manage to squeeze 11 laps out of my tank, albeit at the cost of the lead position. I spend the next hour cruising along, creeping up on the 2 lead cars.

Hour 3:

Hour 4: This hour is pretty uneventful... I pass the Peugot, and drafting the other 787B, before pitting after a 10-lap stint (With 1 unit of fuel left :scared:)

Hour 5: 1 minute in, I get my first 360+ degree spin! Clipping the grass, and with my rear tires still relatively cold, I attempted to correct, but it was too late... I overcorrected, and spun... Anyways, I'm in first place with 74 laps under my belt, and I'm close to 40 seconds ahead of the second-place car.

I've become a little daring this hour... I've decided to drop back to 3rd place, behind the Minolta and the Sauber. Here I've waited, and pitted with them, taking a small amount fuel, and medium tires... when the time is right, which I suspect will be in the next hour, I'll make my move...

Hour 6: I pit again, remaining behind the 2 lead cars... Pitting again on lap 96 with the others, then warming up my tires on lap 97. On lap 98, the time comes to make my move... I draft both the Minolta and the Sauber on the straight, keeping above 230 MPH for most of the straight (My top speed is 227, without the oil change.), and get a best lap of 3:04.824.

Hour 7: Good news everyone! I just ran out of gas! I've just pitted, and I am now 2 minutes and 20 seconds behind the Minolta, in 3rd place...

Hour 9: I've regained the lead for now... but the chassis of the car is starting to lose integrity, and the car is succumbing to "stick-steer" at high speeds. I put on Hard tires on both the front and rear to counter act this. The effect is only temporary... after the next pitstop, the car is once again trying to act like sort of a rusty pendulum at 227 miles per hour...

Hour 10: Once again I pit, this time taking Superhards in the front, and hards in the rear, and this helps for quite a while, until the halfway after the first pit stop. During the second pit stop, I leave the front tires on, and put mediums on the rear. But, this has absolutely no effect at all.

Hour 11: By now, the chassis wear is so pronounced, that I'm literally spinning out on the backstretch every single lap... by the end of the hour, I'm already lapped by the Minolta, and give up...

It seems my PS2 was ready to give up as well... just before I was about to pause again to exit the race, it froze. Seems it didn't like being kept on for 12 days straight. O_o and it's really hot too... I'm surprised it didn't shut itself down, with its power indicator flashing red like it normally would... I guess I'll have to make some, erm, modifications to it.

12 days :drool:?

your ps2 was really hot

Seems it didn't like being kept on for 12 days straight.

When I do a 24 hour enduro, I don't take breaks, except for meals and the toilet. I just go on a Red Bull bender. :D That being said, the last time I did a 24 hour enduro, the caffeine kept me up for 3 days. :lol:

Back