24 Hours of LeMans (1st Attempt)

• Thread starter james9793
  • 4 comments
james9793
Let me start off by saying that I never intended to do this race!

I really like the Sarthe course from playing on the psp, and I was just messing around on the ps3 trying out different cars. I was having all sorts of trouble controlling most of the cars, ie the nissan 92cp as it would spin out at every turn. Maybe because Im using a controller, and not a wheel; idk.

I ended up running some good laps in the Toyota 88cv, and before I knew it, I was almost 2 hours into the race, with the lead. So, I just kept going. The save feature has meant that for the last 6 weeks, I have slowly been plodding through the event.

Well, Ive got 2.5 hours left to go, and I am averaging just over 16 laps per hour and just under 3'44" per lap, and with 13 laps in front of 2nd place. In the spirit of full disclosure, at probably 3 hours in, I started to cut the chicanes just before the start/finish line, and just before the first time check.

I will say that driving this race has taught me better throttle control and smoother racing techniques on the controller. I am able to run 11 laps per tank when it is raining, and 6 laps on soft/hard racing tires or 8 laps on medium racing/soft sports when it is dry.

Will I attempt the 24hr Nurburgring?? Doubtful, but I wont say never.

I finished with 387 laps in 24.01.10.
I'm glad that it's over. The oil light was on for at least the last 60 laps. I'm bummed that I did not get enough xp to make lvl 40.

Back