et_
(Banned)
- 1,949

- erazer13
- elias_johansson
I'm about to do the le mans 24 hour a-spec race, and later, the nurburgring 24 hour race. any suggestions on what car to use? I really want to make sure I use the right car, after all, it's 48 HOURS!
I dont want to use the FGT or X2010 cause they are too fast, there is no point in being too fast in a timed race.
I want to use a car from the highest class of le mans prototypes (i.e: group C, GT1, LMP cars) since the others probably are too slow.
Now, the thing is that probably all cars from this classes are fast enough to win so what I'm after is a car that is COMFORTABLE to drive, that means: no oversteer, no understeer, tyre wear that is evenly leveled between the front and rear, and also don't wear down too fast.
Also, I prefer the "hood camera" (on top of car). so there should be a good view where the car itself don't cover half of the screen, or is not visible. I'd also like if it's not a premium car since I don't need the cockpit view, and after all it is 24 hours, mistakes will be made sooner or later due to lack of concentration. then its good if its a standard car so that you dont get a whole lot of damage, because that annoys the hell out of me.
I've already tested a bit, and ruled out some cars, and none of the ones I've tested is good enough, but looking around i suspect theese 3 cars might just do it:
Toyota GT-ONE Race Car (TS020) '99
Audi R8 Race Car '01
Pescarolo Sport C60 Hybride - Judd Race Car '05
Any suggestions? doesnt matter if it's one of the cars above or some other.
I dont want to use the FGT or X2010 cause they are too fast, there is no point in being too fast in a timed race.
I want to use a car from the highest class of le mans prototypes (i.e: group C, GT1, LMP cars) since the others probably are too slow.
Now, the thing is that probably all cars from this classes are fast enough to win so what I'm after is a car that is COMFORTABLE to drive, that means: no oversteer, no understeer, tyre wear that is evenly leveled between the front and rear, and also don't wear down too fast.
Also, I prefer the "hood camera" (on top of car). so there should be a good view where the car itself don't cover half of the screen, or is not visible. I'd also like if it's not a premium car since I don't need the cockpit view, and after all it is 24 hours, mistakes will be made sooner or later due to lack of concentration. then its good if its a standard car so that you dont get a whole lot of damage, because that annoys the hell out of me.
I've already tested a bit, and ruled out some cars, and none of the ones I've tested is good enough, but looking around i suspect theese 3 cars might just do it:
Toyota GT-ONE Race Car (TS020) '99
Audi R8 Race Car '01
Pescarolo Sport C60 Hybride - Judd Race Car '05
Any suggestions? doesnt matter if it's one of the cars above or some other.
Last edited: