24 Hr Enduros

  • Thread starter Thread starter maxi25
  • 26 comments
  • 2,315 views
Messages
643
United States
USA
Messages
Carfreak44
So I'm planning on doing both the 24 hr races this weekend and would like some advice from anyone who's already done them. I'll be using the Peugeot 908 (yellow one if it matters) and will be doing both the 24 hours of Le Mans and 24 hours of Nurburgring. I'm also planning on doing it in b-spec next weekend. Any advice on how to run it, car setup, etc. would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. :)
 
So I'm planning on doing both the 24 hr races this weekend and would like some advice from anyone who's already done them. I'll be using the Peugeot 908 (yellow one if it matters) and will be doing both the 24 hours of Le Mans and 24 hours of Nurburgring. I'm also planning on doing it in b-spec next weekend. Any advice on how to run it, car setup, etc. would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. :)

I would wait till the in race save option comes out.
 
Two 24 hour races in one weekend?

Not gonna lie, if you do it solo and without parking that is pretty hardcore.
 
I would wait till the in race save option comes out.


I could. But do you have any tips or advice to give?


@ F18: I'm doing it with some buds. Lots of free time + Mountain Dew = Crazy ideas.
 
Le Mans is a very interesting track for setup. You can either go for top speed with a low downforce setup and plan on making all your time up on the straights, or you can go for a package that gives you enough downforce to make up your time in the bends. I went for the second option as the AI is already slow in corners, so this compounds my advantage.

I would also recommend doing some test runs on a wet track to see how your car will handle the muck when it comes.
 
I could. But do you have any tips or advice to give?


@ F18: I'm doing it with some buds. Lots of free time + Mountain Dew = Crazy ideas.

I'd need at least 4 Rip It and 2 Sobe Adrenaline Rush in addition to that Mt. Dew.

Edit:
I would wait till the in race save option comes out.

+1
 
I would wait till the in race save option comes out.

With what's going on in Japan, that could take months and months. Good luck seeing this update before the end of August.
 
As AcidicGhost said, test your car on a wet track as well, just in case it rains(I didn't get any rain, I wanted it though:( )
I don't know what the 908's headlights are like, might want to check that, better not to find out if it has bad headlights 5 hrs in.

Other than that, just make sure you're all happy with the car, and that its easy to drive. Enjoy night time:tup:
 
The 908's lights are some of the brightest I've seen on most cars actually. 👍
 
in B spec the 908 was fine on 24hr Nurbugring and I used the Toyota 88CV on the 24hr LeMans, both finished 1st. The Mazda Furai also does even better on the the Nurburgring but the headlights are only for decoration, they provide no light at all on the track. Headlights on the 908 are pretty good though. If it works well in bspec it seems to me it should be fine for Aspec. I have heard the Mazda 787 and the GT Ford Test Car work well also.

I have not done the 4hr - 9hr -and 24hr races in Aspec, waiting for a save game option, I'm to old to stay up that long playing games, I just dont have the stamina for it. I was barely able to finish Indy and Mazda race, I kept falling asleep and I was using the X2010
 
Problem is, if you wait until the race save patch, you'll forever be lorded over by those who did it 'pre save' and I don't think you want that, do you?
 
Lots of free time + Mountain Dew = Crazy ideas.

👍. :lol:

The 908 is a very good car for the endurances, it's fast enough to stick with most of the racers. In reality though it shouldn't even be that close... :lol:

With what's going on in Japan, that could take months and months. Good luck seeing this update before the end of August.

Ermm...I thought it wasn't that bad where PD's headquarters are?
 
I am two hours and 35 minutes into the Nurburgring 24, B Spec and I chose the Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car and it is sweet. It has rained since the start I am on lap 15 and have a 2:06 lead. The rain is keeping the lap times down to around 11:10 to 12 minutes for some of the competition. This car does go into the grass every now and then, but it is a downpour. I cannot tell if it is early morning and dull or dark because it is after sundown. No real clock. Competiton is Audi R8 Race Car, the Bentley Speed 8 and the Mazda 787B. As of this writing two cars are one lap down, the Panoz and the Ford Falcon XR8. I am minutes away from lapping the Citroen Race Car.
This car is so smooth I guess I will go for it in A Spec. I am just into level 38 so it will take a few days. Here is a shot as I am passing the Panoz.
panoz.jpg

Good luck.
 
I used the 908 for doing it in B-Spec, the race report's in the report forum somewhere. It won by virtue of the a pitting bug with the other cars, but there was a lot more pace to come out of it. So long as you keep each other awake and are all happy with how it drives, you're good to go. Good luck, let us know how it goes.
 
Problem is, if you wait until the race save patch, you'll forever be lorded over by those who did it 'pre save' and I don't think you want that, do you?

I know, some how I'll just have to learn to live it. I'm sure the first few days I'll cry alot. Luckly the company I work for covers mental health so I can get help through group counseling
 
I only have the last two 24 hour race(aspec) left on this game and im goin todo the le mans 24 hour race next week with the Mazda 787B.

Meantime, trying to get all gold in special event on amg test and the S. Vettel challenge to get all gold trophy.
 
👍. :lol:

The 908 is a very good car for the endurances, it's fast enough to stick with most of the racers. In reality though it shouldn't even be that close... :lol:



Ermm...I thought it wasn't that bad where PD's headquarters are?

It's bad everywhere and I don't think PD staff live at the HQ and don't have family elsewhere in Japan.
 
Two 24 hour endurances in the same weekend? You're dedicated to gt5. :crazy:
 
Do you have a UPS (uninterruptable power supply) ?

Where I live the power is not-so-reliable, and it'd suck if a freak 10-second power outage caused the race to go away.

Not a huge likelihood, but if you have one, I'd connect the PS3 to it!
 
I can do 24 hour Le mans then 9H endurance then back to 24H le mans straight without any interruptions in bspec. so i guess in Aspec you can do 2 24H as long as you have a couple of drivers that can help you.

I already tried 24H in Aspec. 2 drivers with 6 hours of pause.
 
Not sure where you get that the 908 is bad everywhere .
Use Wiki Tune. I posted in other treads, the AI R8 is slow.
I'm @ hr 17, with no turbos and the power set @ 92%
I just lapped it.
I would suggest you do some test laps to fine tune your gearing.
1st is way too low, and I set mine as high as possible.
Night racing was fun, enabled me to pick up markers even better.
Just after dawn, it started to rain, but after 3 hrs the track was still dry.
At 16:45 rain picked up, and finally there was spray coming off the tires.
Track got slicker, switched to intermediates.
That's where I'm at now. In the pits.
One thing I noticed, I think it was at hr 14 " Replay Complete"
showed up on the bottom of the screen.
 
I'm currently using a tune off wiki tunes for it. It's a blast in the dry but twitchy as heck under hard braking in the rain. Time for some tweeks. I'd like to thank you guys for the input. Any more advice would be welcomed and appreciated.
 
In the rain, I get all my braking done in a straight line, and try to
stay @ neutral throttle through the corners.
The games wet physics are total crap.
 
In the rain, I get all my braking done in a straight line, and try to
stay @ neutral throttle through the corners.
The games wet physics are total crap.


Yeah I figured that out early on. The tire choice doesn't seem to really matter either. The car slides just as much on slicks as it does on rain tires.
 
I did 3:26's all day and night.
Light rain did not really slow me down.
Next pit, the AI shows Intermediates, so I go with full rains.
The car is all over the track, uncontrollable.
So now steady rain, and I'm doing 4:02's.
Total B.S.👎
 
Speaking of power cuts, the electricity went off here today, luckily I was at work and it only meant I couldn't use my powertools.

Thank goodness it wasn't in mid championship/endurance or whatever.

Some chump has flown his model plane into the power lines and somehow brought one of them down apparantly!...oops.
 
Finally :)
Finished the POS race.
I had a lot of fun until the rain got heavy.
After several spins, I sort of figured out how the game responds
to various throttle/traction situations.
Got my lap times down to 3:52's
The leading AI R8 was doing 4:15's
I must say. I'm not looking forward to Nurburgring in the rain for
several hours. So most likely I won't do it until the wet physics
ever get fixed.
 
Back