24 Minutes of Le Mans

  • Thread starter Thread starter finchyyy
  • 25 comments
  • 3,154 views
Messages
7
Messages
finchyyy
What car are you guys using for this? I don't really want to buy a Le Mans car for just this race, but I'm having some trouble using the ZZ-II and the Rocket Car on this race. The straights are killing me with the Rocket and the ZZ-II eats through fuel quicker than the other cars.
 
What car are you guys using for this? I don't really want to buy a Le Mans car for just this race, but I'm having some trouble using the ZZ-II and the Rocket Car on this race. The straights are killing me with the Rocket and the ZZ-II eats through fuel quicker than the other cars.

You're doing it wrong, the rocket is pretty much the most efficient car in the game, you pit with one lap to go and thats it. all the other cars pit 2-3 times.

I'm 3/3 on that race with the rocket
 
You're doing it wrong, the rocket is pretty much the most efficient car in the game, you pit with one lap to go and thats it. all the other cars pit 2-3 times.

I'm 3/3 on that race with the rocket

I just get dominated on the straights though, perhaps I should play around with the gears? It's such a high speed track.
 
I just get dominated on the straights though, perhaps I should play around with the gears? It's such a high speed track.

Definitely raise the top speed, but you are going to get beat on the straights no matter what, dont worry about it. The handling in the corners combined with not pitting will get you the win, just drive smooth clean laps and you will be fine.
 
Definitely raise the top speed, but you are going to get beat on the straights no matter what, dont worry about it. The handling in the corners combined with not pitting will get you the win, just drive smooth clean laps and you will be fine.

Did you fully upgrade the Rocket car?
 
I used the Mercedes Benz Sauber C9
 
Buy a LMP car, over tuning the car to have it compete is pointless and you seen it hasn't worked. Not to be rude but get you head out of GT5. The things or tune that worked in GT5 will not work in GT6. 12 day of testing has mad that pretty clear.
 
Sauber C9 with Hard Race tires will do the job np. :) But if you searched, there are already a few threads on this matter!
 
Did it with r18...RS 1st they last forever on 1st stint,,,,then RH...1 lap RS or RM...on last pit make sure yo u dont fill up , but get what gas you need.
 
I don't understand... how can you go fast enough in a rocket to be competitive, even with fewer pitstops?

Also: what does LMP stand for?
 
I don't understand... how can you go fast enough in a rocket to be competitive, even with fewer pitstops?

Also: what does LMP stand for?

Because it handles well and not pitting saves a good chunk of time since the AI pit a few times during this race.

LMP = Le Mans Prototype.
 
Because it handles well and not pitting saves a good chunk of time since the AI pit a few times during this race.

LMP = Le Mans Prototype.
Ok, so I tried the rocket in a test lap just now and it handles really well. But what did you set the top speed too?
 
Ok, so I tried the rocket in a test lap just now and it handles really well. But what did you set the top speed too?

I fully upgraded mine and set the top speed to 174mph. The race was very easy.
 
I fully upgraded mine and set the top speed to 174mph. The race was very easy.
Using this setup, I could only manage a lap time of 3:43. Admittedly, I'm far from the best driver in the world, but that's a full 30s less than in my fastest LMP car. Assuming my AI opponents manage to get similar times, I'd never win even with fewer pit stops. How do you all do it? What should my lap times be?
 
3:43 sounds about right.
 
so whats it gonna be? im almost hitting 4 million *no glitch* and need to get those races going, which car would you recommend? Deltawing 2012 LeMans?

I really dont wanna spend 2 million on a car im probably gonna use 3 times... im going for the One-77 :D
 
so whats it gonna be? im almost hitting 4 million *no glitch* and need to get those races going, which car would you recommend? Deltawing 2012 LeMans?

I really dont wanna spend 2 million on a car im probably gonna use 3 times... im going for the One-77 :D
I got the Sauber C9 and the Speed 8 and both of them is extremly amazing ;) I think you shuld pick one of them
 
I have used the Rocket car for every Super race so far except for the Spa race only because I haven't tried it yet.
 
Used the R18 TDI (15th anniversary edition)...bring out high RPM turbos!
 
Used the R18 TDI (15th anniversary edition)...bring out high RPM turbos!

dont have that kind of money, im grinding a route X race with 150% bonus LOL i did special event (red big muscle car :mad:) and payout i thing it was around 600.000 for gold, i had 130% (now 150) and i got 1.7 million i think :eek:

i spent the money modding cars & stuff, plus i dont have anniversary edition :guilty: and there are 2 special events which require AE Cars and its BIG money from there, plus 150% bonus should do easily 4 million, i will try to get Speed 8, i had it back in GT5 and it runs great for what i can remember *sold GT5*:banghead:

P.S anyone would share their Anniversary edition cars? i heard they were downloadable like any other content in the PS Store i would be extremely grateful :bowdown:

thanks for the help guys :D:tup:👍
 
I don't know how people did this in a rocket. By the time the lead car pitted in for the first time (on the 3rd lap), it was about 60 seconds ahead of me. After the pit stop, it was still 40 seconds ahead. Even if I didn't have to pit at all (which is a stretch), I'd still lose. Guess I'll have to try something else...

EDIT: If you want to win this race, check what the lead car is. If its a Sauber Mercedes C9, you don't stand a chance; not only is it extremely fast, it only pits evety 3rd lap. If its a Peugeot 905B on the other hand, you're in with a chance; its slower than the Sauber, but more importantly, it pits every 2nd lap, allowing you to win (technically the lead car was a Toyota 7, but it was soon overtaken by the Peugeot).

Tl:dr If you want to win, make sure a Toyota 7 is in pole position.
 
Last edited:
You don't have to pit at all in the Rocket. I had to drive a little easy on the last lap starting at Indianapolis due to fuel but still had plenty of time to make it to the line.

The Rocket wins this race.
 
I used the Formula GT detuned to 510hp. It also won for me at the 24 minutes of Spa.

It's fast and doesn't pit as often (decent tire wear on Racing Hards and decent fuel economy), but is a real bear to drive at night. You're really going to want that driving line on. :)
 
Back