24 Minutes of Le Mans

• Thread starter 1st gear
  • 27 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Anybody out there with Best Car for this 24min of Le Mans race - including Fastest Lap during the race and the Final Time ? I hope to see some great times and cars - which controller used etc. I'm very curious as I am honestly an "old frt".... :) My best so far is the
Pescarolo C60 Hybrid with following 695/1114/900 - tire changes:SMM - Max speed set to 261mph - Best lap time 3:25,7 - Best total 25:36,4 - Ride Height 60. Using the Logitech Driving Force GT. Is it reasonable good or am I far down the list? :) Thanks for sharing your experiences! 1st Gear

.............Wow, so technical!! :lol:
Well okay I don't remember the tunes I use for each cars but the cars themselves are slightly varied. Right now I have been abusing that Minolta Toyota, straight out of dealership, oil change, RH and Intermediate tyres. Depending on how serious I am, I get maybe 3 min 28 sec to 3 min 45 sec. I also plugged Bentley Speed 8, Mazda LM55, and Chapparal 2X A LOT. 2X is good for a laugh, but not so good in wet stuff. I spun off most time in this "car". Oh and I use DS3.

Can't really say what is the best but here's a few of my favorites

• Mazda 787b
  • Pescarolo C60 Judd '04
  • Sauber Mercedes C9
  • Mazda LM55
  • Peugeot 908

.............Wow, so technical!! :lol:
Well okay I don't remember the tunes I use for each cars but the cars themselves are slightly varied. Right now I have been abusing that Minolta Toyota, straight out of dealership, oil change, RH and Intermediate tyres. Depending on how serious I am, I get maybe 3 min 28 sec to 3 min 45 sec. I also plugged Bentley Speed 8, Mazda LM55, and Chapparal 2X A LOT. 2X is good for a laugh, but not so good in wet stuff. I spun off most time in this "car". Oh and I use DS3.
Yes I know JKgo... having fun! Anyhow - I found the lights on the Minolta Toyota to be so bad during driving in the dark and I don't remember every corner that well..... ol' frt LOL .. I am ready for buying a new one again.... Can't really get enough speed on the Audi R8 Race Car..?? It handles really well - but not as well as the Pescarolo... I agree the Minolta Toyota has it really good. It's the fastest car I am using on Race 1 in "LIKE A WIND" - :)

Can't really say what is the best but here's a few of my favorites

• Mazda 787b
  • Pescarolo C60 Judd '04
  • Sauber Mercedes C9
  • Mazda LM55
  • Peugeot 908
Love the handling of the Sauber Cowboy - excellent car. Not fast enough for me around Le Mans... may be my driving ;) - I tried the Mazda 787b Stealth Model but I was dissapointed with that one - may be the regular Mazda 787b is better.. may be I give it a buy - I have 2nd best time around Le Mans with my Peugeot 908 - but not too crazy about the view from the driver seat in that car.... Having fun though.... Thanks Cowboy! :)

I dont know if its the best, but the Mazda LM55 sure is easy.
Thanks Dragon - I can't find the LM55 on my game? (GT6)? I need to search more..... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't find the LM55 on my game? (GT6)? I need to search more..... :)

............Updates, bud. 1.15, to be exact. If you haven't updated in a while, then give it a go-ahead. Mazda was in the Christmas update, and if for some reason you did update to 1.15 and still can't find it, try the VGT car section, right next to "Dealership". It's cracking car, LM55, has a throaty roar, but again, no darn interior.

............Updates, bud. 1.15, to be exact. If you haven't updated in a while, then give it a go-ahead. Mazda was in the Christmas update, and if for some reason you did update to 1.15 and still can't find it, try the VGT car section, right next to "Dealership". It's cracking car, LM55, has a throaty roar, but again, no darn interior.
Do I have to be on-line on my tellie to get this JKgo?

................Heh, yeah sure, that should be the BEST option.
I have never tried that bud...... worried as I got big problems last year trying to get online...... F1 2013 wouldn't work after I got online - so I never tried since...... :)....... not last year - it was 2013 and the 2012 F1 ...... I will find out tomorrow - thanks a lot!

Last edited:
I have never tried that bud...... worried as I got big problems last year trying to get online...... F1 2013 wouldn't work after I got online - so I never tried since...... :)
...............Oh sorry to hear that.
Hey wait a sec, when was the last time you updated your game???

...............Oh sorry to hear that.
Hey wait a sec, when was the last time you updated your game???
Thanks JKgo - I have never updated my game. I happened to find this gtplanet only a few months ago :) Enjoying the game very much.

Highly appreciate your support Thematic! I will need to search a little on how to get it properly done.. Thanks again. :)

Judging by the F12013 comment you must have made a PSN account at some point?

Then you've got a router in your house?

When you start PS3 and press X of the name you use, does it try to sign in to the network (that account) or have you disabled it or do you just say no?

When you start GT6 does it prompt you to sign in to the network/account, do you just say no?

Top left corner of GT6 menu, what version does it say? 1.XX?

Last edited:
Judging by the F12013 comment you must have made a PSN account at some point?

Then you've got a router in your house?

When you start PS3 and press X of the name you use, does it try to sign in to the network (that account) or have you disabled it or do you just say no?

When you start GT6 does it prompt you to sign in to the network/account, do you just say no?

Top left corner of GT6 menu, what version does it say? 1.XX?
Hi scholesy1899 - thanks a ton for helping here!! On top left corner it says Ver. 1.00
Yes I do have a router in my house.
When I start the PS3 and click on the name the next thing is that it comes up with the GT6. It does not ask about network at all.
When I click on GT6 - it start running it without asking for anything else.
So that means my PS3 is not "registered" with my router as I understand..? Thanks again !! :)

Right ok, you must have disabled Internet connection on the PS3 (at what Sony call the XMB menu) I think when you got F1 scared off. That strange F1 glitch I hope isn't about to influence any of what I'm about to go on about. You may need to review your PS3 settings from the get go if this setting up throws up the same result.

I apologise if I'm about to teach you to suck eggs.

Turn on PS3. Don't press anything. You should be on a column (in the XMB menu) that is headed by a house with little face. Underneath is Turn Off System, Create New User, your chosen name for account.

Go back up to smiley face house, to the right there should be headings of Vanity case/Toolbox, camera, music note, film cutting etc etc symbols.

From house move right to case/toolbox. Scroll to bottom and you should see Network Settings.

At Internet Connection, for you it must say disabled? Enable it.

Now go to the back of your router. Write down the name of it (should start with your provider companies name usually).

Also write down the wireless password (jumble of letters and a number) from the back.

Back to PS3 and go one down to Internet Connection Settings. Press X and follow instruction. This bit is quite instructorial so shouldn't be too hard.

You can do it easy or custom. I did custom.

When it asks for SSID that is the name of the router from above.

When it asks for WPA-key that is the password for the router from above.

When it asks for security setting, I put as WPA-PSK/ WPA 2 or whatever it is.

Follow instruction/suggestion for other stuff and you can agree with most of it when it says automatic for those.

When it asks for UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) setting, set to enable.

It should do the test and all should be ok!!!!!! I would turn off PS3 and hard reset router, then do this next little bit. This is just extra.

Via your PC or tablet, in search bar type the default IP address of the router. This is again is on the back of the router along with default user name and default password.

The default IP should be 192.168.1.1 type that in search bar. Click on first suggestion. I'm taken to a Huawei page.
Type in the default username and password which should be admin/admin.

Probably in advanced settings it should have the ability to Enable UPnP.

This will help if you get into online racing, it should lower the chances of you affecting or being affected by other people's Internet.

Just make sure you've created a PSN account, which I think you must have.

PM me if you need a walk through while you do it.

Now turn PS3 back on, click on name, not sure if default of PS3 is to sign in (to network) automatically, if not go to header on far right to purple sphere with PS symbols wrapped around, you should be able to sign in and set sign in to auto from there I think.

If you succeed, the PS3 and GT6 will now go crazy for updates. Allow PS3 to do its thing.

Then start GT6.

Caveat: going from ver1.00 to ver1.15 may take some time. We are talking many hours depending on your internet I've heard.

I log in every day so I've updated as they come and the longest has been about twenty minutes.

Oh yeah, you'll be able to take advantage of the daily login bonus now. A daily incremental increase in % from 110% to 200% i.e up to double your winnings.

You will get all the VGT cars (although you will have to shell out a mil for each, they come in seasonals when released, free for completing just a lap) Senna content, Sierra Content, weekly seasonal updates for loads of cash (along with log in bonus) some more cars and tracks, custom wings, custom gauges, physics improvement and loads of other stuff some others will mention I'm sure.

Be warned though it may take some time!

It'll be almost like getting a new game.

Totally off topic guys, sorry, but I think 1st Gear is in dire need of an update. Even if it might take all day.

Last edited:
Thanks JKgo - I have never updated my game. I happened to find this gtplanet only a few months ago :) Enjoying the game very much.
.........Huh, never updated the game, eh. That might be a small issue....Hmm be warned the update process is riddled with problems and disconnections, so please, be patient....there are grand total of 15 updates so that will take a looooong time. On the upside though, you will get extra stuff that are genuinely fun, such as the Sierra and its time trials.

Right ok, you must have disabled Internet connection on the PS3 (at what Sony call the XMB menu) I think when you got F1 scared off. That strange F1 glitch I hope isn't about to influence any of what I'm about to go on about. You may need to review your PS3 settings from the get go if this setting up throws up the same result.

I apologise if I'm about to teach you to suck eggs.

Turn on PS3. Don't press anything. You should be on a column (in the XMB menu) that is headed by a house with little face. Underneath is Turn Off System, Create New User, your chosen name for account.

Go back up to smiley face house, to the right there should be headings of Vanity case/Toolbox, camera, music note, film cutting etc etc symbols.

From house move right to case/toolbox. Scroll to bottom and you should see Network Settings.

At Internet Connection, for you it must say disabled? Enable it.

Now go to the back of your router. Write down the name of it (should start with your provider companies name usually).

Also write down the wireless password (jumble of letters and a number) from the back.

Back to PS3 and go one down to Internet Connection Settings. Press X and follow instruction. This bit is quite instructorial so shouldn't be too hard.

You can do it easy or custom. I did custom.

When it asks for SSID that is the name of the router from above.

When it asks for WPA-key that is the password for the router from above.

When it asks for security setting, I put as WPA-PSK/ WPA 2 or whatever it is.

Follow instruction/suggestion for other stuff and you can agree with most of it when it says automatic for those.

When it asks for UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) setting, set to enable.

It should do the test and all should be ok!!!!!! I would turn off PS3 and hard reset router, then do this next little bit. This is just extra.

Via your PC or tablet, in search bar type the default IP address of the router. This is again is on the back of the router along with default user name and default password.

The default IP should be 192.168.1.1 type that in search bar. Click on first suggestion. I'm taken to a Huawei page.
Type in the default username and password which should be admin/admin.

Probably in advanced settings it should have the ability to Enable UPnP.

This will help if you get into online racing, it should lower the chances of you affecting or being affected by other people's Internet.

Just make sure you've created a PSN account, which I think you must have.

PM me if you need a walk through while you do it.

Now turn PS3 back on, click on name, not sure if default of PS3 is to sign in (to network) automatically, if not go to header on far right to purple sphere with PS symbols wrapped around, you should be able to sign in and set sign in to auto from there I think.

If you succeed, the PS3 and GT6 will now go crazy for updates. Allow PS3 to do its thing.

Then start GT6.

Caveat: going from ver1.00 to ver1.15 may take some time. We are talking many hours depending on your internet I've heard.

I log in every day so I've updated as they come and the longest has been about twenty minutes.

Oh yeah, you'll be able to take advantage of the daily login bonus now. A daily incremental increase in % from 110% to 200% i.e up to double your winnings.

You will get all the VGT cars (although you will have to shell out a mil for each, they come in seasonals when released, free for completing just a lap) Senna content, Sierra Content, weekly seasonal updates for loads of cash (along with log in bonus) some more cars and tracks, custom wings, custom gauges, physics improvement and loads of other stuff some others will mention I'm sure.

Be warned though it may take some time!

It'll be almost like getting a new game.

Totally off topic guys, sorry, but I think 1st Gear is in dire need of an update. Even if it might take all day.
WOW scholesy1899!! That's too much to ask for!! Anyhow - thanks a MILLION!! I will search on this next two/three days.... I can't believe you took all this time to help! Fantastic - and you made me get a SMILE BIG in your comments about my needs!!! :) Thanks buddy! Highly appreciated! I will let you know if I can get on here - now I'm HIGH! LOL hahaha You're a good boy (racer)!

.........Huh, never updated the game, eh. That might be a small issue....Hmm be warned the update process is riddled with problems and disconnections, so please, be patient....there are grand total of 15 updates so that will take a looooong time. On the upside though, you will get extra stuff that are genuinely fun, such as the Sierra and its time trials.
I sure will work on this now JKgo!! You're very helpful to me! Thanks a BUNCH! :) I'll let u know if lucky here....

Hi guy's - haven't got the time yet and will be leaving the house for a while - I'll be in touch when I get back. Thanks again all of you! I did buy a car that I find a little bit quicker than the Pescarolo C60 Hybrid on the 24mins Le Mans which I have best lap-time to be 3:25,0 & total to be 25:32,4... It's the Pescarolo-Courage Judd GV5 '04 I got 3:21,2 best lap-time and total to be 25:15,4. I had to adjust the Ride Height to 60 on both cars - made easier to handle when breaking..

Later... :)

I prefer the 908 because it is so easy to drive and extremely stable under hard braking.

The fastest car for me is still the C60 Hybride.

I got a 24:02.783 with the R8 and a 24:01.731 with the R18, but my best time was a 24:01.141 with the Deltawing and 0 stops. There is a huge thread on this event in the seasonals section.

I got a 24:02.783 with the R8 and a 24:01.731 with the R18, but my best time was a 24:01.141 with the Deltawing and 0 stops. There is a huge thread on this event in the seasonals section.

That's the 24 minutes of Daytona seasonal event, this thread is for the Le Mans 24 minutes S license event.

I prefer the 908 because it is so easy to drive and extremely stable under hard braking.

The fastest car for me is still the C60 Hybride.
I agree BMWcrazy that the C60 Hybride is among the best (haven't tried the Mazda LM55 yet)..not online yet - I tried last 3 days 6 races with each of the Pescarolo's - have been able to improve the total time to 25:14,6 using the Courage Judd GV5 '04. :) Love my BMW's too! :) - HAVING funnnn
DSC02503.jpg

Last edited:
I used the Mazda LM55... Got second place. Would have gotten first, but I made quite a few few screw-ups.
Thanks AverageJoe59! I need to get online to buy this LM55 - will try to get online when I get back home. Easy to make screw-ups during this 24minutes.... out of 50 attempts on this 24mins LM race - I think I have only 4 clean ones..... Having funnnn though ...

Haven't been online in almost a month - not even been able to race either (away from home...) - anyhow .. I would like to know if anybody else with Final times on the 24 mins of Le Mans? As I said earlier .. I'm an ol' f..t - but wanna compete with the young "kids" (16-55)!! - so I have a goal when I get bck home.... Please.. anybody (picture proof will do) LOL :)

Back