24 Player Online

Switzerland
Derby
CQR Myles
BZ8hSboIMAEr3EF.jpg:large

A friend of mine showed me this, it has been hinted multiple times that Forza 5 would have 24 Car online from the early leak on Amazon fr and in an interview with EVO. I hope that there will be an update in the coming months, a Spec 2.0 Multiplayer update that will bring back all the features from Forza 4 and increase the multiplayer count.

Note: this was taken on November 24th

Last edited:
This is the very first time I have ever heard about this. I was pretty sure it was always set to be 16 players online. 16 players online is perfect IMO for a racing game. 16 players worked very well in Forza 4.

No doubt this was a goal. Hope it makes it in at some point. 30 for private races would be excellent and be almost perfect. 16 players could always be added as a restriction if it becomes too hectic.

Project Cars will have 40 Cars on track, that will be interesting
Yes, but that's a PC game & will depend upon how your system can handle it. GTR2 used to allowed up to 56 or so cars at Spa when you tried the 24 hour races.

I doubt console versions will have that.

Next gen consoles can handle it. PS4 got 64 player Battlefield maps for the first time (60fps locked too and minimal downgrades from the most powerful PC hardware ), no reason a year 1 racing game should be limited on the new consoles

Pcars is next gen exclusive

Next gen consoles can handle it. PS4 got 64 player Battlefield maps for the first time (60fps locked too and minimal downgrades from the most powerful PC hardware ), no reason a year 1 racing game should be limited on the new consoles

Pcars is next gen exclusive

BF is a different genre and 64 player is only double vs last gen.

Using Shift 2 as a reference here as that was SMS last console game. 12 players and no damage for online races as a further compromise. I honestly think asking for the improvement in graphics and physics Pcars has over shift 2 with adding damage and almost quadrupling the car count is asking for way too much even for next gen so early into the life cycle.

Using FM5 and driveclub as a reference is more valid. I don't think we have seen more than 6 cars on track for driveclub? I heard 12 is the goal?

We'll see. But I'm not putting my money on 40 cars.

BF is a different genre and 64 player is only double vs last gen.

Using Shift 2 as a reference here as that was SMS last console game. 12 players and no damage for online races as a further compromise. I honestly think asking for the improvement in graphics and physics Pcars has over shift 2 with adding damage and almost quadrupling the car count is asking for way too much even for next gen so early into the life cycle.

Using FM5 and driveclub as a reference is more valid. I don't think we have seen more than 6 cars on track for driveclub? I heard 12 is the goal?

We'll see. But I'm not putting my money on 40 cars.

Actually 64 players is 2.6x more then 24 players not 2x. Not to mention the PS4 version runs at double the framerate and at a resolution 65% higher along with numerous more particle effects etc.

They can have 40 cars on track if they want to. It depends on what sacrifices they're willing to make. PS3 had 22 car F1 games and 43 car NASCAR games. And Im thinking almost everybody expects the next Gran Turismo and Forza to move towards 24+ car grids. PS2 GT had 6 cars on track, PS3 GT had 16, PS4 GT will have more then 16, especially if you consider they'll be reusing the PS3 car models.

Drive Club is focusing alot of resources on track environments etc. Its cars have actually less Polygons then those in Gran Turismo 6. They also dont have the funding and resources of a Polyphony Digiital. So its not the greatest example of what next gen is capable of.

The game being released early in the console life cycle is a good thing. Shift 2 came out 4.5 years after the PS3's launch. By then developers were pushing software harder and the old hardware couldnt keep up. Next gen consoles are still relatively strong compared to the average gaming PC. If pCars next gen console version has to be dumbed down to the point of having 1/3 as many cars on track as the PC version then most gaming PCs will not fair any better. If you check out the Steam hardware surveys only a fraction of PC gamers have a desktop stronger then next gen consoles. So it will be kind of a waste if 40 cars is only possible on 15-20% of the people who play it.

I will be absolutely shocked if next gen consoles dont get at least 24 cars in pCars.

If pCars next gen console version has to be dumbed down to the point of having 1/3 as many cars on track as the PC version then most gaming PCs will not fair any better. If you check out the Steam hardware surveys only a fraction of PC gamers have a desktop stronger then next gen consoles. So it will be kind of a waste if 40 cars is only possible on 15-20% of the people who play it.

I will be absolutely shocked if next gen consoles dont get at least 24 cars in pCars.

It's not that simple. Stats only tell half the story.

If you want to dumb down the game graphics on PC to have more cars on track, you have settings to do so. That would be a first for a console racer. We are lucky if we can reduce the resolution from 1080 to 720p for a few extra fps. So technically you don't need a strong a PC as a PS4 to run more cars at a better FPS. You then have to factor in PC gamers can update their hardware, that fraction of users that are running above average hardware are most likely to be enthusiasts which most sim racers are. PCars has been demoed at 4k resolution, another thing we know is possible, is it going to happen on PS4/XBONE? Unlikely.

SMS only have one year to optimize pcars for two brand new consoles which they haven't worked with before which is another factor.

Do we think Wii U will have the same graphics quality and 40 car count as PC?

Nascar the game has 40 cars on track, many are controlled by AI iirc?

Anyway back the subject, as Turn 10 are adding drag races which corresponds to one of the previous unobtainable badges do you think they will add this in a future update

Back