24

  • Thread starter Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 19 comments
  • 871 views

GilesGuthrie

Staff Emeritus
Messages
11,038
United Kingdom
Edinburgh, UK
Messages
CMDRTheDarkLord
Wow, just recovered from a marathon week of watching 24 on DVD. The wife and I started at 11am, and watched it for 14hrs straight! Then we picked off the rest of the episodes during the week.

What a fantastic show! I really loved the format, with everything being in real-time, and also with the extensive use of split screen work, which transformed really simple things, like driving through traffic, and being able to see both sides of a telephone conversation at the same time.

Watching it all in a stream like we did helped too, because you really got a feel for the progression of the story line. It would be cool to stay up for 24 hrs, and watch the whole thing through again!

I can heartily recommend purchasing the DVD box set, and immersing yourself in this excellent drama. Can't wait for Season 2!
 
I've never seen the show, but it sounded like an excellent premise. If I was younger and unmarried I'd buy it and watch it straight through.
 
It's on a commercial TV-station here in Holland.
Every week an episode, and every episode interrupted by commercials twice. Those commercials are 2x5 minutes, so they've cut out 10 minutes of each episode:mad:

So i'm not watching it right now, i'm waiting for the DVD with the episodes.
 
Originally posted by made in holland
It's on a commercial TV-station here in Holland.
Every week an episode, and every episode interrupted by commercials twice. Those commercials are 2x5 minutes, so they've cut out 10 minutes of each episode:mad:

So i'm not watching it right now, i'm waiting for the DVD with the episodes.


Well each of the commercial breaks are about 4 minutes. Are you sure they're cutting it?

The DVD still has the breaks in, but they don't make you sit through the 4 minutes, you get a timer, then a black screen for about 3 seconds, then the timer again, then it restarts.
 
Originally posted by neon_duke
I've never seen the show, but it sounded like an excellent premise. If I was younger and unmarried I'd buy it and watch it straight through.

Well I'm old and married, so there's no problem there!! :)
 
Originally posted by GilesGuthrie



Well each of the commercial breaks are about 4 minutes. Are you sure they're cutting it?

Yes, before the commercials they are at 1.15 am, and when they come back the show continues at 1.20 am.
 
My wife loves this show. I don't. The premise is good. The show is bad. It is so over the top. I think it tries too hard. And there are some very unrealistic aspects like serious time discrepancies.
 
A tv show in the states might have 6-8 commercial breaks.
 
To be fair, I think it should be noted that any plot involving nukes can be thought of as over the top.
 
Anyone see the episode on the 3rd? Good God are we supposed to buy that crap?!

The more I think about it the more ridiculous it seems. The Black President's ex-wife somehow gets into a secure are with the president because she "knows people." Give me a break.

Then she has all this insider information about the military evacuation because big shots in the Pentagon "owed her a favor." Pffft... spare me. I can't watch it without laughing.

It seems like the writers are just lazy. I remeber the first run was written on the fly. Maybe that's not the best idea. A little thought and planning goes a long way in a conspiracy show.

And that cute (but very annoying) blonde and the girl she's saving from her phycho dad... that part just gets me all riled. Maybe it's supposed to *shrug*

I know it's only TV but c'mon. At least have a semblance of reality.
 
Any more people watched 24? Can't be bothered to make a new thread as there's one here already.

I've currently watched season 1-2 and they're the best TV series I've ever seen.
Wow Kim has had a bad time hasn't she.

Shame I can't watch season 4 at the moment because it might show what happened in season 3 so season 3 wont be suspensful any more.
 
I used to own the season one, DVD set. It was highly entertaining, Sutherland was great. If I had the time and money, I'd buy all of them and watch.
 
a6m5
I used to own the season one, DVD set. It was highly entertaining, Sutherland was great. If I had the time and money, I'd buy all of them and watch.
There's a promotion on at the moment for seasons 1-3 for £17.99 each on play.com if you didn't know.
 
Wow, that's less than 50 AUD I think. You wouldn't get season ONE for that. :eek:
 
£17.99 is exactly 42.8485 AUD
 
theGTfreak
There's a promotion on at the moment for seasons 1-3 for £17.99 each on play.com if you didn't know.
Yep, started late January and I'd bought season 3 just before christmas (to watch over the holiday while work was closed) for £40 :grumpy: .l
 
theGTfreak
Shame I can't watch season 4 at the moment because it might show what happened in season 3 so season 3 wont be suspensful any more.
From what I've seen of season 4 so far I would be able to work out some of the tings that happened, but nothing major. But then it's only 3 episodes in over here so I wouldn't watch it yet anyway if I were you.
 
After seeing 4 episodes (on Sky) of season 4 i can without a doubt say that this is the stupidist so far. The plot is still top notch as is the acting but some of things going on within it are just sooo stupid. Hopefully will pick up soon.

Have seen each season twice so far 1 & 2 are much much better than 3. But 3 did have quite possibly the most emotional moment i have ever seen.

SPOILER

















THE scene with Jack & Ryan.
if youv'e seen it you'll no wat i mean
 
I agree with you about that Ryan Chappele scene, they took a sene out where it showed Jack crying after he got back into the chopper but I though how they did it in the final edit was spot on.
 
Back