24H Le Mans - Some Questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tarkata
  • 22 comments
  • 1,485 views
Messages
429
Portugal
Portugal
Messages
T-A-R-K-A-T-A
Me and a friend want to participate in the 24h le mans A Spec event.
We have a few questions about it.

- Whats the best car to go with (we want nothing too hard).
- Whats the average lap time we must be posting?
- Should we use no TC (notice that we use a DS3)
- I heard about a bug that when the race gets suspended, the fuel drains out. Is this bug occasionally or does it happen all the time?
- What tires do the A.I. use?
- We should lap between wish laps? And what laps do the A.I. pit?

Best Regards,
Tarkata
 
Tarkata
Me and a friend want to participate in the 24h le mans A Spec event.
We have a few questions about it.

- Whats the best car to go with (we want nothing too hard).
- Whats the average lap time we must be posting?
- Should we use no TC (notice that we use a DS3)
- I heard about a bug that when the race gets suspended, the fuel drains out. Is this bug occasionally or does it happen all the time?
- What tires do the A.I. use?
- We should lap between wish laps? And what laps do the A.I. pit?

Best Regards,
Tarkata
Peugeot 908, Mazda 787B, or Audi R8.
You'll need to do around 3:40-3:50 on the wet, and I think 3:20-3:30 in the dry.
It's 24 hours, use any aids you need.
That's a bug with races saves before the latest update.
Depends on the weather, but in the dry they use Racing Hards.
The amount of laps you need to do varies based on the competition.
The AI should pit every 9-10 laps, but depending on the car, their fuel may last longer.
 
Take a 908 and max it out. I use TCS 2, simply because if the rain comes. When it's 100% wet they use rain tyres, when its <100% they use intermediates I think, but usually Racing Hards. You should do around 3:27 to beat AI. 4:05 in the rain.
 
you will want to be comfortable in the car you use,
I suggest to use the Audi R8 TDI '06 from the premium dealership, and here is a tune for it,

BUT! I suggest take the front downforce down a touch, as these LMP cars get tail happy when the tire wear goes down, so you will spin at every chicane,
The main reason I suggest this car is its probably the easiest car to get a lap time out of, as its got incredible straight line speed but is slower through the corner's, whereas its direct competition peugot is slower down the straights and corner's faster, which kills tires faster,
 
you will want to be comfortable in the car you use,
I suggest to use the Audi R8 TDI '06 from the premium dealership, and here is a tune for it,

BUT! I suggest take the front downforce down a touch, as these LMP cars get tail happy when the tire wear goes down, so you will spin at every chicane,
The main reason I suggest this car is its probably the easiest car to get a lap time out of, as its got incredible straight line speed but is slower through the corner's, whereas its direct competition peugot is slower down the straights and corner's faster, which kills tires faster,

Yesterday we went online in a 20L endurance race with fast fuel consumption, he took de C60 and i took the Audi R8 Playstation Oreca. We, on drain went around 3:40 3:45. I found the audi very unstable, in the corners it made me slow down not to spin out of the track, losing a lot of time. Is the R8 TDI `06 more stable?
 
He means the R10 TDi. There is no premium R8.

And even then, I still disagree with that statement. The R10 does not have enough pace to match the competition easily, and is one of the most tail happy LMP cars in the game, in my opinion, despite having less power and less torque. I'm not saying that it's a bad car, but if you use it, you may have a tough time keeping pace.
 
He means the R10 TDi. There is no premium R8.

And even then, I still disagree with that statement. The R10 does not have enough pace to match the competition easily, and is one of the most tail happy LMP cars in the game, in my opinion, despite having less power and less torque. I'm not saying that it's a bad car, but if you use it, you may have a tough time keeping pace.

I have bought every Prototype car in the current OCD. If there is one good car to use please tell me :)
 
yes sorry the R10 TDI '06,

the only thing I can suggest out any LMP is keep it open top, I personally supported the Peugot in LMP, and own both of them, the only hard top car that is just as fast in a straight line are the toyota TS020 and the Bentley speed 8, but both of them can have handling difficulties in the corner,

like I said previously, lower the nose down force to make the rear end more stable, I've ran the 24hr 3 times in 3 different cars, the peugot, BMW LMR and the Audi, the Audi is the most comfortable to run,
 
From what i have read i think i will try that setup (lower front end), in some of my cars. Then i will see whats the best option for me.
 
It stops the car's tail trying to overtake itself, you'll also find its kinder to the front tires,
 
It stops the car's tail trying to overtake itself, you'll also find its kinder to the front tires,

If so, maybe i can take medium racing tyres in the front and racing hard in the back.
 
that will bring you back to having your rear end try to overtake itself, trust me I tried that,
 
You can win this race in any car comfortably. Pick the car that gels with you the best for over a long time. For me I usually take the car I want to race with, then go to the Dream Car Champ La Sarthe race and do set-up runs.

I usually like using Audi R8s, Bentley Speed 8, and the Toyota GT-One.

With the R8 and Speed 8 you get tire longevity, while with the Toyota you get sheer speed and handling. Though the Audi and Bentley are no slouches by any means.

If you can run in 3:25 region, you should be able to win this really comfortably.
 
I tryed everything. Lowered the front , used every TC configuration and car upgrades. Still cant go better then 3:4x.000 time. Iam really fighting the back end. Iam starting to think this race aint for my skills :s
 
Just take it easy. Don't worry about the times and keep glancing at them. Just concentrate on the road and the car, and eventually you'll subconsciously be like Tom Kristensen.👍
 
Tarkata
I tryed everything. Lowered the front , used every TC configuration and car upgrades. Still cant go better then 3:4x.000 time. Iam really fighting the back end. Iam starting to think this race aint for my skills :s

Soften up the rear suspension and lower your LSD. Try 10/10/20 to start (generic numbers, but it's the basic principle) Make sure the car is straight before 100% throttle is applied and while you will get better without driving aids, they are there to use. ASM will keep you from doing donuts for sure!
 
The easiest car to use is the 908 HDi FAP and add stage 2 turbo to make it even faster accelerates like a beast with stage 2 turbo and if you suspend it don't worry you'll be back at the moment were you choose tires and how many liters of gas you want and ais pit around 8-9 laps for me.
 
was using a bonestock Audi R8, was up 8 laps 15 hours in and found out about the bug after the update. Used stock Sauber C9 and won by 8 laps. I think abs 1 and TC 1, was running 3:24 laps with the DS3.
 
was using a bonestock Audi R8, was up 8 laps 15 hours in and found out about the bug after the update. Used stock Sauber C9 and won by 8 laps. I think abs 1 and TC 1, was running 3:24 laps with the DS3.

My best was 3:35 with Sauber using TC at 8...
 
My best was 3:35 with Sauber using TC at 8...
TC at a setting of more than 1-3 will only hurt you. Keep it as low as possible because when you get to higher settings of TC, the car won't be getting any power until your driving in a straight line.
The easiest car to use is the 908 HDi FAP and add stage 2 turbo to make it even faster accelerates like a beast with stage 2 turbo and if you suspend it don't worry you'll be back at the moment were you choose tires and how many liters of gas you want and ais pit around 8-9 laps for me.
The 908 with a stage 2 turbo produces a very significant amount of torque, which gives you a lot of wheel spin coming out of corners. The stage 3 produces less torque and has less PP, but gives you more top end power.
 
TC at a setting of more than 1-3 will only hurt you. Keep it as low as possible because when you get to higher settings of TC, the car won't be getting any power until your driving in a straight line.
The 908 with a stage 2 turbo produces a very significant amount of torque, which gives you a lot of wheel spin coming out of corners. The stage 3 produces less torque and has less PP, but gives you more top end power.

I know it hurts i feel it slow when going out of a corner but if i take 1-3 i can`t make it stable and even in some of the fast corners it trys to spin away from the track. I use R2 to accelerate but i can`t find a balance in the throttle with this cars.
 
Last edited:
Just wanted to clear this up, for whatever it's worth:

A number of people have said the AI runs on race hards but this is actually not true. I was sure but went back and checked this race yesterday anyway. The AI use race mediums for all of the endurance races except for the first three events in which they use sports softs. Their tires last roughly as long as yours generally will on race hards because of their gentler driving style.
 
Back