Not open for further replies.

syntex123

Currently lurking!
Premium
Norway
Færder
syntex123
Syntex260Z

Proud member of GTPlanet? This fortnight's theme is all about GTPlanet! Photo and livery made by @Nico_Ble99 - (click for full-size)

This Fortnight's Theme
GTPlanet, the forum we all know as "All things GT heaven". What would we do without it? I have no words here, so let's go into the theme:

"@Jordan made history when he made the GTPlanet website back in 2001. If you had the chance to make a 'team GTPlanet' race car livery, or maybe already did, what would it look like to you? It's all about that logo we know so well. Don't overthink it too much, sometimes simple is better!"

CARS: Any
LIVERIES: A livery inspired by GTPlanet. The logo and / or gtplanet text must be present.
LOCATIONS: Any
SCAPES: Yes
360° GIF: Optional
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: The livery must be made using only the shapes and decals that came with the game. No user-made decals except for the GTPlanet logo and text, and if you wish, the car manufacturer logo. Failing to comply to these rules results in an immediate disqualification.
Logo mask
Text mask
Logo
Text
Logo + Text
Number board

Competition Rules

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this poll. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.
  • The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here.
  • Do not vote for your own entry.
  • Do not try to sway the poll.
  • Please, view each image in its full size, or view the full 360° GIF before voting.
  • In the event of a tie, a 24H tiebreaker poll will be posted. All contestants in the tiebreaker are asked to vote; if one person doesn't, all other contestants votes won't count.
Contestants - see next post!

Deadline

April 17, 2018

Last edited:
Contestant #1: @Cytoria

Contestant #2: @MMX
hEkdJnX.jpg
tfCvSZV.jpg
XBIH3g0.jpg

Contestant #3: @ghostrider135

Congratulations!

@Jordan, whenever you're ready, choose the winner! :D Good luck guys!

It was a win for everyone, I think. Which was seen by the double tiebreakers! Thank you all for your contributions, and keep pushing out great work!

Last edited:
Yay, congratulations @Cytoria
I got 1 vote, better than the 0 I thought I was going to get (like usual) lol

Last edited:
It kinda looks like we’re ending up with another tiebreaker, thank god there’s still over a week until the winner of this one gets to choose the theme. :lol:

Congrats to @MMX - you just secured a spot in the final judgement round. We are having a second tiebreaker though! :lol:

I'll just restart the poll inside this thread - no need for a new thread. Please everyone, vote again!

Well since I can't vote for my own that narrows it down. :D So many awesome liveries this week. Congrats to everyone who entered something! :cheers:

It's up to Jordan now. :D
giphy.gif

I knew this was going to be tough when I agreed to be the guest judge for this round, but I didn't expect all of the finalists to be this good. :eek: Outstanding work, guys!

I must admit I am having trouble settling on a winner, but I don't want to leave you guys hanging. I'm going to sleep on it and will announce my decision sometime tomorrow. 👍

This is amazing. Thank you for taking the time to make this. :D
I’m sure @Jordan will apreciate it, it should help with viewing every livery on the same basis :D

Good job guys. It was a tough round with so many good liveries! Nervewracking wait until Jordan has made up his mind :D

Good luck!

OK, decision time!

First of all, I want to say thank you to everyone who participated in this competition, and thank you to @syntex123 for organizing this. To see so many people participating in such a contest — celebrating our little corner of the Internet that I've been running for 17 years — gives me such a warm feeling. This is the GTPlanet community at its best. :gtplanet:

Now, on to the finalists...

When I was asked to be a guest judge, I started to consider the criteria that I would use to evaluate the finalists. One of the most important aspects, of course, was how prominently the GTPlanet logo and branding were featured on the car. The winner should match the site's colors and overall look and feel, and prominently display the site's name. I also believe that a good livery exploits and complements the lines of a car's bodywork, and makes you look at a car in a way that you might not have before.

My plan was to use those criteria to help me judge the cars as objectively as I could. Unfortunately for me, each of the finalists met those criteria perfectly, so it didn't help me very much! :lol: This made me take a much closer look at each car, each of which brings its own unique style to the table and has special features that I love:

hEkdJnX.jpg

@MMX's Renault R.S.01 is absolutely stunning. I've always liked the R.S.01, but this is one of those liveries that will forever change the way I look at the car. I also liked how prominently the "GTPlanet" text logo was featured on the side. The red line that comes to a point off the shoulder is just awesome, and the white curves over the front wheels is one of my favorite flourishes on any of the designs. The overhead shot highlights the beautiful symmetry in the livery.

39542287900_68e98e4d0f_z.jpg

@Cytoria's Peugeot VGT is one of those cars that you just can't stop looking at. The livery is full of so many little details, from the dots in the black stripe, to the pops of color on the edges in the car's bodywork, to the way that even the French flag's colors complemented the design. I also took note of the black stripe on the hood: it's like you took a little slice of the header right out of the site's design. And do I even need to mention just how dramatic the big white side with the 'planet' logo is?

39359228960_f6a1a2e95e_z.jpg

@ghostrider135's Corvette is one mean looking car, and the most "realistic" livery of the bunch. I particularly like how prominent the GTPlanet branding is from every angle, and that hood/front: wow! The head-on picture really highlights the aggressive lines and the beautiful symmetry of the design. If I had a few million dollars lying around to sponsor a GT3 car in Blancpain or Le Mans, it would look just like this! :D

Alas, each livery has its own merits, each was executed with a high degree of skill, and each one exceeds my own personal qualifications for what makes a "good" livery. How could I ever choose a winner between them? When I went to bed last night, I didn't know what I was going to do, but upon waking up, one design in particular was stuck in my head. When I look back at this competition in the future, it's probably the livery that I'm going to remember first.

At that point, I realized it had to be the winner. And that livery is...

39542287010_67426523f7_z.jpg

@Cytoria's Peugeot Vision GT

In such a competitive contest filled with so many skilled artists and designers, you have to do something to stand out. @Cytoria's work here took full advantage of the unusual design features of the Peugeot VGT, resulting in a livery that was striking and dramatic. This, combined with the high level of execution and attention to detail, is what made the car so memorable for me and ultimately what made me select this livery as the winning design.

Congratulations to everyone involved!

Although there was no prize announced before the competition began, I want to throw in a little surprise of my own... The winner will receive a free year of GTPlanet Premium membership, and the two runner-ups will each receive 3 months of free Premium membership. Enjoy, guys, and once again thanks to everyone for participating and being part of our community here!

:gtpflag:

Well said, @Jordan! :gtpflag:

Thank you for taking your time writing this wonderful in-depth evaluation, and I agree with what you said on the hood stripe - I actually made the site banner as a decal to use in-game! :lol:

Anyway congrats to all of the three finalists with the prize, and everyone else who participated. There had to be one winner, and I think it was very well deserved. Fantastic job @Cytoria. :cheers:

I will keep on pushing out these competitions and serve the community as best I can, so a big thanks to you @Jordan, for this site, your work and for being awesome. I don’t know what to say. :D
The Livery Editor Comps might be in its start phase, but thanks to all of you for your continued support I plan on making these for as long as you’ll want it!

A daily dose of GTPlanet is something we all need. I am massively grateful to be a part of this ever-growing community and to keep on doing what I love is not hard to do when everyone here is such great people. I’ve made many friends here, and I apreciate each and every one of you guys. Keep on posting great stuff!

Congratulations to everybody who entered and especially to @Cytoria with the well deserved victory :cheers:
@MMX for keeping the fight going till the very end :cheers:
Thanks also to @Jordan the unenviable task of picking a winner and giving a thoughtful conclusion about his decision and prizes for the top 3 :bowdown: and @syntex123 for making this competition possible, Ok that's the end of my acceptance speech :sly: :lol:

@Jordan,

Thank you so much for such a comprehensive and detailed answer.

Thanks for the prices too. I'm here since a long time, I've seen this site evolved from the old school blog style until the worldwide reference it is now. I saw the front page where all articles were made "by Jordan", until other comes, like Famine, and so on...

I became a lot more active with the livery editor feature instead of mostly reader. We waited for that feature for so long ! Within this competition, I was very proud to finally put the GT Planet logo on a Gran Turismo car, and I'm even prouder to see what it means to you. This site has such a great community, there is always someone to help you for a subject or another.

Thanks also to my 27 contenders, which I'm sure share the same opinion. And if not, spend a little more time here and you will ;)

That‘s a judgement I‘d like to see more often 👍 Not just „I like this because I don‘t like the others“ :lol:
For me it‘s a long way to go until I can match the skilled creators on here and maybe beat them one day :dopey:
Congratulations to everyone who participated, because imho just that makes you a winner :gtpflag:

First of all, a big thank you to @Jordan for giving us a place to gather, and share something we all enjoy so much, it truly is a great site populated by a lot of great people. And thank you very much for the prizes, its much appreciated.

Congrats to @Cytoria for the win. It's well deserved, and I look forward to seeing more of your work. This was a very fun competition, and I hope they can all be nail biters like this one.

Thank you @syntex123 for putting these on brother, I know it can be a chore keeping everybody in line, but you're doing a fine job.

Also I'd like to thank everybody that voted for my contribution, I really appreciated it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back