Not open for further replies.

syntex123

Currently lurking!
Premium
Norway
Færder
syntex123
Syntex260Z

GTPlanet's very own Sunday Cup Track Day cars. Image and liveries by @JKcreativeworks. - (click for full-size)

This Fortnight's Theme
Track days. How fun is that? Getting to drive your very own car out on a track is something many of us wants to do, or maybe already do regularly. What if you take this idea and implement it on your favorite N class car in Gran Turismo and slap on a GTP number plate? This is how JKcreativeworks wants us to think in his theme, Sunday Cup Track Day:

So I've got this idea, of an amateur trackday where N class cars are used, the objective is to make a car look realistically track-prepped with small tuner company decals, and other details/specs you find on a trackcar going for a trackday. The theme might sound rather plain, but I want to see people go for a minimalistic look and focus on details.

CARS:
N class cars only
LIVERIES: keep it as simple as possible, It's a hobbyist/amateurs trackday. racestripes/side lines etc are allowed. But no full race liveries.
USER MADE DECALS: Allowed
LOCATIONS: Shiretoko for the main pics
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: The contestant must make use of the GTPlanet Sunday Cup trackday numberplate+numbers provided in the links below.
Numberplate: here

Numbers: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0

1) Choose the Shiretoko scape (found by searching all locations and refining by 'Japan'and 'Snow'):

View attachment 729370

2) Apply the following settings:

Camera

Camera Settings

Aperture: F 2.8
Shutter Speed: 1/60 (as it's not a panning shot I don't know that this is important)
Focus: Single AF

Environment Settings
Aspect: 16:9
Orientation: Landscape
Resolution: High

Effects

White Balance
Temperature: 9800 K
Colour Cast Correction: -0.060
Exposure correction: EV +2.0

Special Effects
Chromatic Aberration: 5

Screen Effect 1
Mask: Background
Filter: None
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
Saturation: 0
Brightness: 50
Contrast: 250
Highlight: 100
Midpoint Correction: 100
Blackpoint Correction: -5

Car Effects
Filter: None
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
Saturation: 150
Brightness: 75
Contrast: 120
Highlight: 500
Midpoint Correction: 500
Blackpoint Correction: 0

3) Place your car in the middle of the scape at a suitable angle:

View attachment 729371

4) Zoom in to 102mm (certain cars may require more or less to fit in the viewfinder) and move the camera until you're happy that the car is centred in the shot:

View attachment 729372

5) Move the focus to the nearest corner of the car (I normally centre on the headlamp closest to the centre of the image) and take your shot.

6) For a shot of the rear, go back to the Car tab and hit R2, switch to Camera and refocus (again I use the tail lamp nearest the centre) and take the shot. If the car has moved off-centre then move the viewfinder and adjust the zoom as you see fit.

For new cars/liveries simply find the scape in your library and reopen and change the car, then rinse and repeat as above.

Images, entry format and tutorial made by @BLiTZ

Competition Rules

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this poll. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.
  • The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here.
  • Do not vote for your own entry.
  • You have three votes to spend - use them wisely!
  • Do not try to sway the poll.
  • Please, view each image in its full size before voting.
  • In the event of a tie, a 24H tiebreaker poll will be posted. All contestants in the tiebreaker are asked to vote; if one person doesn't, all other contestants votes won't count.

Poll Option #1

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #2

Deadline

July 11, 2018 (14:30, CEST/GMT+2)

James Morton's Motor Blog Special Report

GTPlanet Sunday Cup Pre-Season: Car Contest Tiebreaker!

The results for the first competition are in! My car gets 3 votes (thanks for the votes!), while these guys (the HKR Civic and the Tommykaira R33) have 9 votes! Due to the same amount of votes, a Tiebreaker is held for these two to decide the winner of the Car Contest.

With the R33 being one of the options, I decided to side with that, hoping that my fellow Skyline GT-R fan wins the contest, and it's also one of my votes, with the other ones are the two black E30s, which unfortunately didn't make it into the Tiebreaker, shame that the Black Baron didn't get enough votes to make this a threesome!

How's this heated battle between the Skyline Superfan against the Fragrant Harbour Sunday Racers will turn out for the Car Contest? Will the R33 win? Or is the FK2 that will grab the trophy? Stay tuned!

Your boy James Morton signing off, and thank you to Alex Tonini, Straxman, and some other guy for voting my car!

Having not been in this situation before it's a tense one as without voting I can't see the results. I can't vote for myself and I don't want to vote for my opponent in case he doesn't vote for me and it goes down to the wire. :boggled:

Having not been in this situation before it's a tense one as without voting I can't see the results. I can't vote for myself and I don't want to vote for my opponent in case he doesn't vote for me and it goes down to the wire. :boggled:

As a gentleman I would vote for my opponent anyway... :gtpflag:

I voted the Honda, just looked a bit more track day to me, but only just, good work fellas!

Sorry for being afk for longer than I expected, but that’s how it is on vacations I guess.

Congrats to @CroxSkin, you know the drill, I don’t think I need to pm you the details, you probably remember them from last time. :) take your time, but be sure to have everything ready by this time next time next wednesday at the latest.

I’m off for now, enjoying the rest of my vacation(going home on Sunday). If anyone is in Örebro in Sweden, you can find me at the waterpark/camping at Gustavsvik. Drop me a PM if you’re near :lol:

Edit: (And if a mod can close this for me in 24-ish hours that’d be great. I’m probably not around to do it myself, but I’ll check.)

Edit2: sorry for the short congrats here. Well done to everyone, and @BLiTZ that ‘M25’ of yours brought back memories from when I almost got one irl :D nice work, well done!

James Morton's Motor Blog Special Report

GTPlanet Sunday Cup Pre-Season: Car Contest Results!

Phew... After the intense tiebreaker, the final results are in! The R33 gets 10 votes, but the FK2 though, it gets 16 votes!

A big congratulations for HKR for winning the car contest! And thank you everyone for staying with us! What a competition!

And so ends the Car Contest part of the Pre-Season, see you in the actual trackdays!

James Morton salutes to the HKR and signing off this short update!

P.S if you could excuse me for someone to do a Kongou-class livery for the 650S Gr.4, that will be appreciated! (HINT!: I'm an otaku!)

Two fine designs indeed, congratulations @CroxSkin on the win :cheers:.

And props to everyone else that entered, as it just shows the ever growing popularity of this contest when there was 41 entries :bowdown:, superb work by all parties involved 👍.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back