24Hr Nurburgring-Avoiding The Apex

United States
U.S.A.
So today, after an eternity of racing GT3-GT4-GT5 over the last dozen plus years, I decided to try something brand new that I never tried before. I ran a single lap race in GT5 with the Chaparral 2D '67 at the Nürburgring 24Hr while intentionally and purposely NOT hitting any apex or curbing throughout the one lap race. I set up the race with a old "editor" creating a reasonable realistic race in hard mode with other cars of the 1960's era, including those 20 million dollar monsters in GT5. To my surprise the race actually became much easier and smoother throughout the whole run. I became so use to running the apex hard over the years that it became automatic. Gonna try Circuit de la Sarthe next avoiding the apex and curbs to see how that goes as well. Imho GT5's Nürburgring 24Hr with it's day to night adjustable transitions, adjustable weather changes, and cool stuff all around the track sides is one of the best tracks of any GT series.

Last edited:
The exact same type scenarioas above when I raced the Ford GT40 '69 instead at the Circuit de la Sarthe.

Last edited:
Back