24HR Race. Alot of redbulls?

  • Thread starter Thread starter LR-MR-Cole
  • 25 comments
  • 2,670 views
Messages
499
Messages
LR-MR-Cole
How can some of you guys have completed the 24hr Circuit de le Sarthe/Nurburgring? So what grind most the day then leave it paused all night and start the next morning? Thats insane. How do you find the time. You must drink alot of redbulls. Those races for me will have to wait until in race saving.
 
How can some of you guys have completed the 24hr Circuit de le Sarthe/Nurburgring? So what grind most the day then leave it paused all night and start the next morning? Thats insane. How do you find the time. You must drink alot of redbulls. Those races for me will have to wait until in race saving.

This 👍

I don't intend to sit around for 24 hours on a game to complete it. That said,my power situation at home is really pathetic. Which prevents me from being 'really hardcore'.
 
Check list for doing an endurance race.
1. Have yourself diagnosed from the DSM (preferably latest version) as clinically insane
2. Remove bladder and kidneys and externally connect them to your other organs, while placing them in a toilet or other such device.
3. Put toothpicks in one's eyes, falling asleep behind the wheel is fatal.
4.Lock your self in a room with tons of Doritoes, Gatorade and Red Bull energy drinks.
5. Log off Psn, don't want friends to distract.
6. Get started.
 
I achieve this four different times, it beats grinding. If your running on the X1 you can let the clock run for 6 to 8 hours. I recommend starting with rain, the AI will be a lap slower per hour.
 
Check list for doing an endurance race.
1. Have yourself diagnosed from the DSM (preferably latest version) as clinically insane
2. Remove bladder and kidneys and externally connect them to your other organs, while placing them in a toilet or other such device.
3. Put toothpicks in one's eyes, falling asleep behind the wheel is fatal.
4.Lock your self in a room with tons of Doritoes, Gatorade and Red Bull energy drinks.
5. Log off Psn, don't want friends to distract.
6. Get started.

well said i did the 24h races on gt4 without b-spec straight
 
Wake up. Equip Red Bull X2010, 1 lap practice to get the gears right...
Red bull
Start the race, do an hour or so.
Pause
Go to school
Come home
Red Bull
Homework
Red Bull
Race another 2 hours
Bed

Repeat as needed.
 
Wake up. Equip Red Bull X2010, 1 lap practice to get the gears right...
Red bull
Start the race, do an hour or so.
Pause
Go to school
Come home
Red Bull
Homework
Red Bull
Race another 2 hours
Bed

Repeat as needed.

👍
I expect this would be a better solution. Having no cystectomy involved is a huge plus.
 
I recently completed the Nurburgring 24hr in an X1, downforce set to 150/200, set the power limiter to 50% of capacity and was able to set fast laps a lot more consistently than I normally would. I am 95% positive that I only did about 12-13hrs of actual racing, it helps a lot if it rains as the AI slows right down whereas in the X1 it virtually makes no difference on racing softs in the wet. Whole thing completed in less than 2 days. 👍

Will run it again soon however in a car that is less well equipped, still to decide on which one.
 
Magic Pause Button was my plan for the 9hr race, I expect to use it again for the 24Hr.

On the other hand, you can grab your kids and have a family bonding experience and race the whole thing from start to finish in a Mazda 787B or Sauber Merc C9

("Daaaaadddd, I don't wanna drive for another hour." "Well son, quit your whining because that's what I was thinking while you were sleeping in the car rides up to Tahoe for over 15 years!")
 
("Daaaaadddd, I don't wanna drive for another hour." "Well son, quit your whining because that's what I was thinking while you were sleeping in the car rides up to Tahoe for over 15 years!")

Haha! I've been putting off the A-Spec 24 hours and the 9 hour, but plan to do the 9 hour this weekend (pending the March Madness schedule). Great suggestions here. Looks like I'll be stocking up on some energy drinks unless I can convince a friend to spend some quality time racing.
 
Get real life friends who are willing to play the part of copilots. Have 24 hour race party! :)
 
Get real life friends who are willing to play the part of copilots. Have 24 hour race party! :)

How soon will they become your enemies, when you wake up to see them playing GTAIV instead, :ouch:
 
Did anyone not use the X1? I dont plan on it. Its no fun. I want a challenge. Its cheap win
 
Did anyone not use the X1? I dont plan on it. Its no fun. I want a challenge. Its cheap win

Don't use it then, simple as that. Nurburgring 24hrs is a hollow victory no matter the car, yes you get nearly 2 million credits for it but you also get over 9 million XP points, most certainly a slap in the face as they are worthless since you have to be LVL40 to do the race and they don't count towards anything.

Doh.:crazy:
 
Don't use it then, simple as that. Nurburgring 24hrs is a hollow victory no matter the car, yes you get nearly 2 million credits for it but you also get over 9 million XP points, most certainly a slap in the face as they are worthless since you have to be LVL40 to do the race and they don't count towards anything.

Doh.:crazy:

What I was thinking.👍

I don't see the point of spending 24 hours on a single race for relatively 10% of the earnings of any other race.👎
 
The best advice i can give you is to have no life. Seemed to work for me! :D
 
Don't use it then, simple as that. Nurburgring 24hrs is a hollow victory no matter the car, yes you get nearly 2 million credits for it but you also get over 9 million XP points, most certainly a slap in the face as they are worthless since you have to be LVL40 to do the race and they don't count towards anything.

Doh.:crazy:


Well .. i reached lvl 40 in b-spec ( thx remote racing ) way before i hit 25 in a-spec .. so now i can do a 24 hour Nurburgring and have huge xp profit, whats not to like?
 
My launch model PS3 overheated after 1000km suzuka, and again after four hours at the ring. I really wanted to get the enduro's done BEFORE the endurance save game patch, but at my current rate of savings it's not going to happen :(
 
I've only done one 24hr race. I did 24hrs of Nurb in GT4. I did 8 hours a day for 3 days, leaving my old slim model PS2 on pause in-between. If I ever do another I want to have some fun with it. Invite some friends over and make a party out of it or something.
 
Well .. i reached lvl 40 in b-spec ( thx remote racing ) way before i hit 25 in a-spec .. so now i can do a 24 hour Nurburgring and have huge xp profit, whats not to like?

Not to like? The fact that all the XP you will win counts for nothing as you have levelled up as far as you can.
 
Can you technically unlock the event at Bspec level 40 and drive it in aspec, hence getting the huge xp & credits?
 
Can you technically unlock the event at Bspec level 40 and drive it in aspec, hence getting the huge xp & credits?

Nope. The only things that are unlocked by either A-Spec or B-Spec are the following:

License Tests
Special Events
Ability to purchase cars at level X.

All A-Spec events must be unlocked by reaching the appropriate A-Spec level and the same goes for B-Spec Events.
 
So what is he referring to when he says xp profit? I don't see how one can benefit from the xp from the 'ring 24h race then.. other than adding game completion %s.. (ignore cr. cuz you can easily make that in much lesser time)

As someone above already said, this is just a hollow event.

such a broken game. sigh. :sly:


Well .. i reached lvl 40 in b-spec ( thx remote racing ) way before i hit 25 in a-spec .. so now i can do a 24 hour Nurburgring and have huge xp profit, whats not to like?
 
On the other hand, you can grab your kids and have a family bonding experience and race the whole thing from start to finish in a Mazda 787B or Sauber Merc C9

("Daaaaadddd, I don't wanna drive for another hour." "Well son, quit your whining because that's what I was thinking while you were sleeping in the car rides up to Tahoe for over 15 years!")

I'm employing this strategy, but with my GF. I'm training her to race...bought her a hot pink LFA and everything. The deal is if she helps me complete 24hr races I'll buy her a purse or some shoes.

We also get to spend more "time" "together"... :)
 
Back