24hr Sarthe I race by chadly

• Thread starter chadly
  • 11 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a bit of a novice at GT, but i got the enduros on GT4 unlocked, won the Minolta and started testing for the 24 at Le Sarthe I.
I did my first 24 last Thursday/Friday. Car specs:
- 910hp engine
- approx 3/4 downforce package
- Super hard tires all round
- lots of trac. control and some ASM
I started in A spec mode but quickly lost lots of time (i have the concentration span of a goldfish, especially with the medication i take), so i changed to B spec after 2 stints. I was pretty much against B spec mode until then, now i have quickly changed my opinion.
I was getting a good 11 laps per stint (without trying to stretch it), but i finished in 4th, 11 laps down on th C9 Sauber and 2 laps behind the Bently in 3rd.

I have now started my 2nd 24 Le Sarthe attempt with a much more "out there" package.
Car Specs:
- 1100hp engine
- similar downforce package
- Hard fronts, Super Hard rears
I started in B spec, have to keep it on 2-cruise, to keep it straight. I'm pitting every 6-7 laps but i'm so much faster than everyone else it doesn't matter.
I am at 2 hrs 45mins distance, with 1 lap on the R8 and Pescarolo and i'm coming up on the 3rd placed R89C.
In the first stint i reeled off a 3'17.9 lap but have now turned the wick right down and am just below a 3'30 pace.

Gathering lots of data ATM

Full race report tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a bit of a novice at GT, but i got the enduros on GT4 unlocked, won the Minolta and started testing for the 24 at Le Sarthe I.
I did my first 24 last Thursday/Friday. Car specs:
- 910hp engine
- approx 3/4 downforce package
- Super hard tires all round
- lots of trac. control and some ASM
I started in A spec mode but quickly lost lots of time (i have the concentration span of a goldfish, especially with the medication i take), so i changed to B spec after 2 stints. I was pretty much against B spec mode until then, now i have quickly changed my opinion.
I was getting a good 11 laps per stint (without trying to stretch it), but i finished in 4th, 11 laps down on th C9 Sauber and 2 laps behind the Bently in 3rd.

I have now started my 2nd 24 Le Sarthe attempt with a much more "out there" package.
Car Specs:
- 1100hp engine
- similar downforce package
- Hard fronts, Super Hard rears
I started in B spec, have to keep it on 2-cruise, to keep it straight. I'm pitting every 6-7 laps but i'm so much faster than everyone else it doesn't matter.
I am at 2 hrs 45mins distance, with 1 lap on the R8 and Pescarolo and i'm coming up on the 3rd placed R89C.
In the first stint i reeled off a 3'17.9 lap but have now turned the wick right down and am just below a 3'30 pace.

Very nice, but please abide by one or two things.

Firstly, on my race report thread, my race reports are posted. Please create a new thread when you post your report.

Secondly, and I will inform you before others do, good grammar is lovely on this forum, so please do not use terms such as ATM (unless you are referring to Bank Machines), BRB, etc. It makes the page incomprehensible to those unused to net-speak.

On the plus side, good to hear that you are into Endurance Racing , and I look forward to reading future reports!

Moved these 2 posts from senamic's race report thread into a thread of their own. Leaving senamic's polite request to refrain from posting other reports into his personal thread up as a reminder though.

@ chadly, hope you find this and are able to get a good race to report on.
The more details & pictures the better as far as I'm concerned, I don't like reading a "report" that says "I won in B-spec mode after completing xxx laps in xxx time." or some such trivial nonsense.

Sorry, I couldn't possibly Do 24 hours on my own. You guys are just way too superior for me.

All B-spec mode!!
- 404 laps
- 58 pit stops
- best lap remained that 3'17.9

You would be suprised at how easy a 24 hour race is. All you need is a little patience, a place to set up your PS2 where no one will touch it, and use the pause button.

I myself completed the 3 24hr races A-spec for 200 points each. All three took between 4 - 5 days each to complete (work got in the way). But it is certianly doable yourself.

Sorry, I couldn't possibly Do 24 hours on my own. You guys are just way too superior for me.

All B-spec mode!!
- 404 laps
- 58 pit stops

Damn. Now that's the way to write a good report! Looking forward to more! :lol::ill:

..sorry guys...couldn't resist.

PF
....Your best lap was with A-Spec but you did the rest with B-Spec? I presume you've found the pause button on your controller? Why else would you give it to Bob?

You have miss read,

All B-spec mode!!
- 404 laps
- 58 pit stops

there was no A-spec at all.

Not really an achievement or a race report.

sounds like most ppl on here have a god complex!
i'll leave you to fester in your own diseases.

Ok, then.
You do realise that this sort of behaviour is likely to win you little respect, few friends, and possibly administrative action, don't you?

You did rather set yourself up for a fall here, remember this?:

This implies that you've got some nice details and will provide a reasonable report for us to enjoy, and then this is what you provide:

All B-spec mode!!
- 404 laps
- 58 pit stops

Not exactly awe-inspiring or exciting is it?

In future, please don't use "txt" slang such as "ppl" instead of "people" here, that much is made quite clear within our Acceptable Use Policy.

Now closing this (lack of) "race report" as it's not much to read and doesn't really warrant further discussion if the OP cannot respond to a little constructive criticism in a mature way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back