:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

Race Details:

• Mode: GT Mode : Practice : A-Spec Free Run
  • Track: World Circuits > Laguna Seca
  • Car Type: Premium with Race Modification in GT Auto
  • Make: USA > Chevrolet
  • Model: Camaro SS '10 RM

Vehicle Specifics:

• Power: 639 HP (full power after break-in)
  • Weight: 1210 kg (Use of Ballast and Ballast Adjustment is Optional)
  • Weight Reductions: N/A (all 3 are part of the Race Modification)
  • Engine Modifications: ECU allowed. No Engine Stages allowed.
  • Intake Modifications: All allowed.
  • Exhaust Modifications: All allowed.
  • Turbo or Supercharger: Supercharger Allowed.
  • Drivetrain Modifications: All allowed.
  • Oil Change: Required
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using the SRF Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Transmission: Manual or Automatic. Fully Customizable Transmission is part of Race Modification
  • Aero: Full allowed
  • Tyre Type: Racing Hard (R1's)
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional - NOTE: Any tuning gimmicks that offer an unfair advantage are not allowed. These would be things like the Subaru Toe Bug found on GT5 Prologue.
  • Tire Wear and Fuel Depletion (New for Spec II): OFF - Your Replay must show a full fuel tank and unworn tires.

Race Specifics:

• The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ, including cones or brake markers.
  • 2 Wheels on or above the track at all times.
  • Blue and White Rumble Strips and Tarmac are Track Surface.
  • No Other Surfaces are Track.

Steward's Comments:
Hold on to your bowels! :ill: Kevin's busy at the F1 race this weekend, but came up with this combo in his copious spare time. ;)

Viewing your T1, T2, & T3 Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'

pb060041mt3.jpg

• To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times
  • To post your T1, T2, & T3 Splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!
MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_10.jpg
Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• At Least 2 Tires must be in contact with track at all times.

• In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if all four tires would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.

• Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track.
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):

• Total Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread :

• T1, T2, and T3 times
  • Any settings discussion.

Number of splits: 3
MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_7.jpg

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 92 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-)

Time: 1'10.100

• Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, November 26th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_5.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited:
Ah, thanks for the purple, Lucas. :D

I lucked into this greaat combo, have fun guys.

Let's get this party started:

Using a "Clueless Tune" except for the tranny where I'm using the trick (see below). I'm sure once the WRS tuners go to work there will be time to gain, but this was a pretty good lap for this non track specific tune.

Tranny
  1. Reset to Default
  2. Final Gear All the way to right
  3. Top speed all the way Left
  4. Set these gears: 2.842, 2.145, 1.707, 1.394, 1.191, 1.057
  5. Final Gear: 3.533
  6. Top speed in upper right of 168 mph

Gears may not be optimally spaced, I'm a hack and just waiting for the experts to take over.

PS> Lucas, the purple in the pics is :drool: on this car.

Last edited:
I'll have to try this one. It's a lot easier to do a TT than it is to race. If my pedals mess up I only lose the lap and not a spot on track. :lol:

I haven't even attempted week 91. I should give that a try and see how I do.

Never drove this car before in RM version, and altough I am not musclecar-minded, it is a lot of fun to drive this car. Not broken' in yet, and stock settings.

Very fun car to drive, this monster shifts like crazy :crazy: One downfall, the carsound is horrible :)

Last edited:
Bitchin! Love the new Camaro, like Laguna Seca. Should be a blast!! Great selection! Pics are Fabulous......

Ah yes, next to my beloved NASCAR cars, these are my favorite cars. Old or new muscle cars, love them all. And on one of my favorite tracks. Should be a fun week. Going to concentrate on Autumn Ring one more time today and will get started on this tomorrow. Can't wait. Thanks for a cool combo.

Sweet machine... 👍 Traditionally, I'm not so hot at Laguna Seca - always develop a mental block round here for some reason. Back in GT4 I even used to struggle to beat the AI around it in similar spec cars :ouch: But the SS RM is a good blast, particularly with the supercharger, so I'll throw in for now. :sly:

Is that Cosmos Purple Metallic in the pics Lucas? Lovely shade in any case. :)

About 20 laps so far to try and get a decent setup and ended up with this:

camarossrm.jpg

For gears as above:

1. Set max speed to minimum
2. Set Final to 2410 (as above)
3. Set individual ratios

Splits so far:

Did a couple of 20.2 1st sectors and this was far from being a tidy lap so much better is possible in all sectors I think... but not sure how much I can extract before my fear of Laguna limits me. Good fun at this stage though.

Been wanting to do a laguna seca combo, not sure if ill enjoy the car though, but that might change.

Thanks for the tune Chris and welcome back 👍 can you share your transmission trick ?

Thanks for the tune Chris and welcome back 👍 can you share your transmission trick ?
Thanks - a couple of weeks off and the bug starts to bite again :sly:

...I have shared my transmission 'trick'...? Or do you mean why I did it that way?

Thanks - a couple of weeks off and the bug starts to bite again :sly:

...I have shared my transmission 'trick'...? Or do you mean why I did it that way?

Yeah, why you do it that way, and how you know how far to go down on the final gear. It looks a bit similar to the CSLAR does his gears but I never really understood how far down to go on the final gear

Chris, this tune is fast, but much much harder to handle than the "clueless" one which is basically "stomp and go". It's going to take me a while to get a handle of the car with this tune, but surely I'll be faster. I can beat my ghost in every sector individually, but nailing a gold lap with this one is going to be a challenge, especially the corkscrew.

UPDATE: Got a decent lap, but still more on track with the tune:

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliments on the photos, guys, it was Viola Dino, one of Kev's fav's. :P

Also some credit to Al for some post-export photo editing advice. I basically messed with the brightness/contrast on all these.

But I like Christophe's new concept for the leaderboard even better! :drool:

car_chevrolet_camaro_ss_10_rm.jpg

Yeah, why you do it that way, and how you know how far to go down on the final gear. It looks a bit similar to the CSLAR does his gears but I never really understood how far down to go on the final gear
This car has pretty good mid-range torque so the gear ratio doesn't need to be that tight. A lower final allows a better ratio spread and feels like it turns in better. Basically, I just set the max speed setting as low as possible to get a good actual maximum speed with as low a final gear setting as possible. Does that make sense? :P

Chris, this tune is fast, but much much harder to handle than the "clueless" one which is basically "stomp and go".
I prefer a slightly nervous rear myself Tim, and then use the throttle to manage corner exits. This setup benefits from a more progressive throttle application but gives better traction I think. Off-throttle its fairly neutral so its all about picking your exit and being positive on the power.... If you don't spin out, it'll give you a good drive out of the exits. Don't rush the corkscrew, let it come to you and short-shift to 3rd for the exit. I'm no expert at Laguna but its working for me so far. I'll be interested to see how much time someone like Wes can find. :dopey:

Slight improvement here:

Seen a best sector time of 20.277 in the 1st and 18.811 in the 2nd. This was my best sector 3 so far but I have been up on it only to lose it at the corkscrew. :P

First splits, Vagabond's tune!! Little "Fish Tail" tendency, makes it exciting. :scared:

Last edited:

@ 628 bhp

Other than power, I can't really see where I'm losing out at the moment, just tiny bits here and there.... Thanks for gearing Chris! Stuck with my LSD settings of 15/15/15 and AS on Mild. BB 4/6

Does chassis reinforcement work with this thing? ;)

millross

@ 628 bhp

Other than power, I can't really see where I'm losing out at the moment, just tiny bits here and there.... Thanks for gearing Chris! Stuck with my LSD settings of 15/15/15 and AS on Mild. BB 4/6

Does chassis reinforcement work with this thing? ;)

Havent tried it but you can save a copy and try it without penalty

Fun car. Reminds me alot of the new polaris RZR 800 I just test drove. Sounds just like it and drives alot like it.

I feel like I am driving the Polaris instead of a camaro which makes this week even more fun.:lol:

At full power now.

Best 1st and 2nd sectors 20.239 and 18.788 respectively but again, this lap has my best 3rd sector. Similar run to the line for a 0.17 gain at the line. Best fun I've had yet at Laguna. 👍

I gave up on the daihatsu, I couldn't get anywhere near my division.

Here are my first splits after a very short session, using Vagabond's settings.

BTW, the little spinning animation is a neat touch to the leaderboard. 👍

Personal bests in T2 and T3, but gave back a tenth in T1.

Lost all feel for turn 2, but the corkskrew is getting better.

I definitely want to take a run at this one. Love the track and the car. Into our new house and have my rig set-up again so will try and get some laps in soon.

Edit:

Stock suspension and trans but with df and 10/20/5 for the LSD. Everything feels different (and rusty!), but it's a start
:cheers:

Last edited:
Back