:: Only Open to Qualified GTP_Registered Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

Race Details:

289gzv6.jpg

• Mode: GT Mode : Practice : A-Spec Free Run
  • Track: World Circuits > Nürburgring GP/F
  • Car Type: Standard
  • Make: Germany > RUF
  • Model: CTR2 '96,(Available in Online Car Dealership)
  • Laps: Hotlap in A-Spec Free Run Practice

Vehicle Specifics:

oat6iu.jpg

• Performance Points (PP): 556 - (OCD specs).After breakin and added parts detailed below, with minimum weight. Min weight not required,556 PP is the maximum allowed, and no other parts or modifications can be added to the car.
  • Power: 540 HP (OCD specs) (After Oil Change, Added Parts and Full Break In.
  • Weight: 1214 kg (Use of Ballast and Ballast Adjustment is Optional)
  • Weight Reductions: Stage 3 Weight Reduction.
  • Engine Modifications: N/A
  • Intake Modifications: N/A
  • Exhaust Modifications: Racing Exhaust.
  • Turbo or Supercharger: Not allowed
  • Drivetrain Modifications: LSD, Clutch, Flywheel, Driveline upgrades all allowed.
  • Oil Change: Required
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Transmission: Fully Customisable Transmission Allowed
  • Suspension: Fully Adjustable Suspension Allowed
  • Aero: N/A
  • Tyre Type: Sports Soft (S3's)
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional - NOTE: Any tuning gimmicks that offer an unfair advantage are not allowed. These would be things like the Subaru Toe Bug found on GT5 Prologue.
  • Tire Wear and Fuel Depletion (New for Spec II): OFF - Your Replay must show a full fuel tank and unworn tires.

Race Specifics:

• The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • No contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • Tarmac and Red and White Rumble Strips are Track
  • No other Surfaces are Track.
  • Over Run Tarmac Beyond Rumble Strips, White Track Boundary Lines, or Cones are not track (See Details in Pictures Below)

NrburgringGP_D_3.jpg

Green Painted Tarmac or Black Tarmac Beyond the White line on the outside of Turn 1 (Trackside Left)

NrburgringGP_D_4.jpg

Gray Mesh Surface Beyond the White Line at the outside of Turn 2 (Trackside Right)

NrburgringGP_D_5.jpg

Gray Mesh Surface outside the Rumble Strip on Entry to Turn 3 (Trackside Right)

NrburgringGP_D_6.jpg

Gray Mesh Surface Inside Rumble Strip at Turn 4 (Trackside Right)

NrburgringGP_D_7.jpg

Tarmac Beyond White Line at the outside of Turn 4 (Trackside Left)

NrburgringGP_D_8.jpg

NrburgringGP_D_10.jpg

Green Surface Behind Rumble Strip at the Outside of Turns 5/6 and 9/10 (TrackSide Right)

NrburgringGP_D_2.jpg

Tarmac Beyond White Line on Outside (Trackside Left) of Final Turn
Steward's Comments:
Last race of 2012 ,who wins the RUF CUP?
sffi9c.jpg

Viewing your Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not 'Save Replay'.
  • To view your best lap replays, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While in the 'Replay Theater' you can view your total Oval lap time in the replay summary.
  • While Viewing Your Road Course Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times.
  • To post your T1, T2 and T3 splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

SaveBestLapIcon.png

Save best lap / ghost replay icon.

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• At least two tires in contact with track at all times.

• In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.

• Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total road course lap time

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• T1, T2 and T3 times
  • Any settings discussion

Number of Splits: 3
The posting of settings is encouraged, but it's certainly not mandatory. We respect anyone wishing not to post settings, so please do not publicly ask someone to post their settings, they will if they want to. It is however expected for splits to be posted if you're taking part.

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 97 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-) Time: 1'10.100
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday,31 December 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.
Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks interesting, Kevin!

Just bought the car from the OCD, and after oil change and allowed modifications, I have 540 hp and 556 PP.

It's in the OCD right now, Gayle, and pretty cheap, too 👍

Looks interesting, Kevin!

Just bought the car from the OCD, and after oil change and allowed modifications, I have 540 hp and 556 PP.

You are correct.

A Ruf from the UCD and one from a ticket (0/0/0) was used to get the specs of 533 HP and 554 PP.
The ticket Ruf was run in and the outcome meets the UCD car,hence the specs in the OP.
This was checked several times.👍

However,this race thread was made before the RUF showed up last week in the OCD so the thought was to use it for week 97.💡

But....apparently the specs from a OCD Ruf are different.:dopey:

Checked another Ruf in my garage ,also from a OCD from 20-10-2011,same specs . 540 HP 556 PP

I will change the specs in the OP.

Oh... You have my attention. Looks like a good combo. Might try a few laps later today 👍

This is cool 👍 driving a RUF is pretty difficult, so much understeer.
Love the track tough, will give it a go this afternoon.

Gutted.... Love the track and the car but won't be back to my PS3 until Jan 6. Enjoy!!

Might get a couple of hours on this one, sounds like a sweet combo and I love the technical nature of this track

Not sure what to make of this one... I mean, its loads of fun but I've no idea if I'm pushing the thing to its limits and no idea how to set it up... :dopey: But let's kick it off anyway...

Here is my festive RUFfle:

nrburgringgpfw.jpg

And some splits:

Not sure what to make of this one... I mean, its loads of fun but I've no idea if I'm pushing the thing to its limits and no idea how to set it up... :dopey: But let's kick it off anyway...

Here is my festive RUFfle:

nrburgringgpfw.jpg

And some splits:

How do you do it? Two weeks in a row you have my colors!

How do you do it? Two weeks in a row you have my colors!

:lol: Just means we both have great taste in paint. I couldn't resist doing a red and green paint combo and the red/green won out over the green/red. :cheers:

Cris, you're right! I have a second car blue with orange rims. Won't post times till I get a better tune for this car and track.

I love this car, there's no way I can miss this one. I have a new baby girl for Christmas so my participation from now on will be spotty but I still have a few hours here and there so I compete where I can; I got 0 seat time total for last week at Daytona.

I've messed with a setup a little bit last night when I first saw the combo, mostly just the LSD to try to get the thing to turn with moderate success. I think I'm still slow so no times for now but I'll try to get some later.

Happy Holidays!

I should say, 100% credit to Sjaak for this week's combo, and a great call to run it with the car in the OCD.

I'll work on a tune later, after I'm sure there's no improvement for me left at Daytona.

I have a new baby girl for Christmas...
Congratulations mate! What a Christmas present. :cheers:

Another run at this one, still not sure what to do with setup though:

No-one else having a go yet?

My least favorite Ruf, but I'll be giving it a go after 3 days of family stuff over Christmas.

I have a good drift tune for this car, but it might need a bit of work for TT'ing :D

Early splits, using GT5 Quick Tune:

Well there's only Chris to compare myself to at the moment, and all I can say is that I'm behind him (no surprises there). I can however boast the quickest T3 time... for now. No doubt that in two days time ten or more people will have beaten it...

Anyway, I'm off to Daytona to try and improve.

I love this car, there's no way I can miss this one. I have a new baby girl for Christmas so my participation from now on will be spotty but I still have a few hours here and there so I compete where I can; I got 0 seat time total for last week at Daytona.

Happy Holidays!

Congrats :cheers:
Now that's a happy holiday!

i love this car, there's no way i can miss this one. I have a new baby girl for christmas so my participation from now on will be spotty but i still have a few hours here and there so i compete where i can; i got 0 seat time total for last week at daytona.

Happy holidays!

Congratulations!!!!

I've messed with a setup a little bit last night when I first saw the combo, mostly just the LSD to try to get the thing to turn with moderate success. I think I'm still slow so no times for now but I'll try to get some later.

Happy Holidays!

Congrats. Thats the best Christmas present anyone could get. Wish you much happiness in years to come.

Happy Holidays!
Best Wishes to the New Parents! :)

I am back my internet problems have been solved ( for now any way) after 3 visits from A Shaw cable tech it seems too be working better now. And just in the nick of time for a great combo.

Thank you everyone, it really is the best present I could ever ask for.

Got some more time in today, quite a bit faster with some further tweeking. Still trying out a few different things and will try anything else that others post but for now this is what I have.

I used a this:
Tune makes no sense but makes for me a 2 sec improvement over a default tune.

max speed 300

Suspension:
-39 -25
9 11,6
3 7
3 7
3 4

2 - 0,5
-0.05 - 0

default LSD/torque distribution

And a pic of the monster:

2eatp4y.jpg

And a winter RUF.

rwhytz.jpg

Last edited:
Had half hour behind the wheel this morning.. Fun combo 👍

Using Sjaaks tune, so far I have this..

Pretty weak T1.. Early days :)

Finding it hard to get the braking points for this car and the best lines to take.

T1 38.307
T2 28.207
T3 29.773

Good fun, difficult to get a decent lap though. So many places to loose time. Still trying to make the car better on corner entry for the slow corners - seems to be ok through the higher speed left/right though.

Edit:
Just went 3 tenths faster but took too much curb over the final chicaine to red flag the lap.
But I found having the rear ride height low (got mine at -20) makes the car easier to stop under braking, rather than at 0. Still figuring a good overall setup.

Last edited:
Back