Wreckfest - General Discussion

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 1,601 comments
Austria
Austria

BugbearGames
"The car damage is all dynamic. We don't have any presets.
The music has been composed in-house for the trailer.
We're far away from defining targeted system requirements or platforms."

A new FlatOut or Destruction Derby?

Looks like FlatOut 4. (There was a third. It wasn't made by Bugbear, but there was a third.) Which, Bugbear back behind FlatOut and not making FlatOut wannabes like Unbounded is fantastic.

FlatOut 3 was released in 2011 and was published by mobile game developer Team6. And, when a mobile game company tries to make something full scale...it doesn't turn out well. As was the case for FO3. No one really even knows it exists, it's that bad. I've not played it, but I've seen enough gameplay to know to avoid it. Many even thought it killed the franchise.

However, since no one really knows about FO3, Bugbear could easily slip FO4 out, and keep the series intact. So far, it looks awesome....but yeah, that's definitely a FlatOut game in that teaser.

Yes! A new bugbear, flatout kind of game. Hopefully there will not only be a destruction zone but racing as well. I have been waiting for a next 1nsane game. I hope that bugbear includes the game play (play modes => capture the flag, Return the flag, gate hunt, gate trail and free roaming etc... ) we have in 1nsane. Full off road with an open world environmnet without invisible walls ingame.

Guys at Bugbear started accepting pre-orders a couple days back:
http://nextcargame.com/

A playable sneak preview is made accessible to all those who pre-ordered once thy hit 10,000 of them. Something closer to a beta is in plans for later this year and the final release date set to 2014 spring.

Loved Flatouts 1 and 2 to bits, pre-ordered mine already and now can't wait to try the early build. 👍

The game is now in Steam Greenlight, please go vote and share it. :)
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=176123360

Here is a new sceenshot too.
NextCarGame-screenshot01-2013-09-06.jpg

Can't wait for this game, it will be amazing. :D

Clever idea, so many great racing games coming so they decide to not do another one. 👍 But cars still in it

Bugbear Entertainment Ltd
Behind the scenes of Next Car Game: having fun with damage testing!

Ever since we released the first video teaser back in February 2013, we've been asked how our vehicle damage modeling works.

The big question has been "but is it soft-body deformation?" as opposed to rigid bodies and pre-set damage models, and we can guarantee you that yes, it is. This system was first used in Ridge Racer Unbounded (2012) and has been extensively updated and refined since. It uses no pre-set damage models and as few limits as we can get away with.

What that means is that when you hit a car with something or the other way around, the car is going to have the right sized and shaped dent exactly where it was damaged.

Our aim with the damage modeling is to just have as much fun as possible with it. Because we can push cars through industrial grade metal presses, we certainly will. We're creating a fun driving game with lots of crashes in it, and they're going to look spectacular!

All of the cars in the game use the same system, so you're going to see at least a dozen cars all mangled together in epic demolition derbies.

Please see our new video featuring damage testing. We got a big laugh out of making it and we hope you will, too! Note that it's in no way final quality, but we felt our joy at making it should be shared.

Take a look on Youtube! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmQbUJiEax8
:)

To make it easier, youtube clip of the link above:

I am really surprised that the pledges are coming in so slowly for this - I hope they make it in time...

As nice as it is, it does look like it isn't going to get the required funding to be produced.

I think they'll go back to taking preorders after the Kickstarter campaign(fails :C)
Got my preorder in, I hope they get some funding from a publisher or their other games. The game sounds so nice :>

As nice as it is, it does look like it isn't going to get the required funding to be produced.
Even if the Kickstarter campaign fails, they are still going to release the game. They will put their website's pre-orders back on and they have been also greenlit in Steam so they will later sell the game through Steam.

But if the Kickstarter succeeds (which unfortunately looks like it not going to :( ), it would mean lots of more stuff to the game with the bonus money for developing.

So the Kickstarter got cancelled, but the website pre-orders are back on and the sneak peek version of the game is out now!

Pre-order so you get the sneak peek.

I took a video yesterday of the sneak peek. Looks and feels great! I love the soft body physic.

I think they could be missing a trick here, this looks like awesome fun, why not make a reboot of Hard Drivin' or Stunt Car Racer? That would be something very fresh. Also worst case scenario for Bugbear is they could sell the damage model, which is the best I've seen by some margin.

Back