• Mode: GT Mode : Practice : A-Spec Free Run
  • Track: Original Circuits > Cape Ring
  • Car Type: Standard > OCD
  • Make: Italy > Lamborghini
  • Model: NOMAD Diablo GT-1 '00

Cape Ring_13.jpg

Vehicle Specifics:

oat6iu.jpg

• Power: 621 BHP (This is power after oil change and full breakin.)
  • Weight: 1200 kg (Use of Ballast and Ballast Adjustment is Optional)
  • Weight Reductions: Not Available
  • Chassis Reinforcement: Allowed
  • Engine Modifications: Not Allowed - Admin Verifiable
  • Intake Modifications: Not Available
  • Exhaust Modifications: Titanium Racing Exhaust Allowed
  • Turbo: Upgrades Not Allowed - Verifiable on HUD
  • Transmission: Fully Customizable Transmission Allowed
  • Drivetrain Modifications: All Allowed
  • Suspension: Fully Customizable Suspension Kit Allowed
  • Tyre Type: Racing Medium (R2's)
  • Aero Modifications: Max is Allowed
  • Oil Change: Required
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Optional
  • In Event (R/A) Tuning Settings (Brake Balance): Optional.
  • Tire Wear and Fuel Depletion (New for Spec II): OFF - Your Replay must show a full fuel tank and unworn tires.

Cape Ring_6.jpg

Race Specifics:

• The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • Tarmac and rumble Strips are Track.
  • Painted Tarmac Outside of White Boundary Lines is not track. This includes the painted section of the loop corner, the Blue "cutout" on the left of the start finish straight, and the red cutout at trackside left after the long, looping right hand corner.

Steward's Comments:
This car is sort of an odd man out on the game for regular race series, it's a shame we don't see it used more - it's wonderful. The balance is incredible, and I've left you with tuning to make it as loose or tight as your heart desires. The RM tires certainly help it to hook up in places, but it will still bite you coming out of the slow speed stuff - be careful. :mischievous:

Viewing your T1 & T2 Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'
  • To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times
  • To post your T1 & T2 Splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

Cape Ring_10.jpg

SaveBestLapIcon.png

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• At Least 2 Tires must be in contact with track at all times.

• In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires in-line would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.

• Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track.
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay
Cape Ring_4.jpg

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):

• Total Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread :

• T1, T2 & T3 times
  • Any settings discussion.

Number of splits: 3

Submission:
All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 142 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line: Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-) Time: 1'10.100
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, November 11th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

Cape Ring_14.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks interesting, nice combo Kev, I'll give it a go. Just to let you know the the link to the PM to Fetchy doesn't work.

This looks fun, I like this car. Unfortunately I can't give it a go until next Saturday, I will be in your state Kevin, working for the week in La Jolla.

This looks fun, I like this car. Unfortunately I can't give it a go until next Saturday, I will be in your state Kevin, working for the week in La Jolla.
That sounds like vacation, not work. :sly: Let me guess, it's 75 degrees there?

Do you like craft beer? There's lots of fantastic craft beer to be found in the San Diego area. I would recommend a visit to The TapRoom, in Pacific Beach. It's 5 miles from La Jolla, and they do a nice job of carrying a unique selection of beer from the best brewers in the area. If you don't want the 5 mile drive, there's also a Karl Strauss in La Jolla. They are not the very best of the area, but they have beer you are not going to find in the land of Mary.

EDK
That sounds like vacation, not work. :sly: Let me guess, it's 75 degrees there?

Do you like craft beer? There's lots of fantastic craft beer to be found in the San Diego area. I would recommend a visit to The TapRoom, in Pacific Beach. It's 5 miles from La Jolla, and they do a nice job of carrying a unique selection of beer from the best brewers in the area. If you don't want the 5 mile drive, there's also a Karl Strauss in La Jolla. They are not the very best of the area, but they have beer you are not going to find in the land of Mary.

It will be a nice place to work for the week. We have a small office just North of San Diego where I have a couple of employees working for me. We are going to go to a small conference in the La Jolla Hyatt and then have some "bonding time". Not too bad of an assignment this week, and thanks for the tips on where to go.

I'll get us started this week.

Lots of time to get. This track kind of reminds me of Motegi, the way one corner can suck the life out of an otherwise good lap. That silly jump has spun me for no good reason a couple times but it's manageable. The car drives pretty good right out of the box but I had to free it up a bit to make a couple corners at full throttle.

My tune. Probably not final.

bb 7/6
lsd 5/30/6

0/0
14.5/13.5
8/8
6/6
4/6
2.5/1.5
–0.05/0.00

Final 2500

I left sixth a little tall because it pulls better just below redline. I'm shifting at about 7200.

My first splits -

My tune. I went a bit the opposite of Baron, I went softer in the back in general to try and loosen the car up a bit, along with having rear biased brakes. The car is still stable, it just turns in and rotates a bit better. You just need to be sure you are in 2nd gear and gentle when applying throttle out of the low speed stuff. I use first to get into the slowest 2 corners, but 2nd to get out.
EDK Tune
RH -15/-15
Springs 19.0/16.0
Dampers 2 Front/1 Rear (Both)
ARB 7/4
Camber 2.5/0.8
Toe 0/+0.05
LSD 10/17/15
Aero = Max
BB 2/3

Transmission

Final Far Right
Top Speed Far Left

Set

Final = 3550

I had final at 3500. Tried 3400, and lost time to my ghost under accel, plus it was awkwark in some places. Moved to 3550, and beat my ghost right away. It's very close to redline in the braking zone on the main straight, so would need to alter 6th to go any shorter. Might try that later.

I had the car out on speed test to set the transmission, and shifting right at redline, or a little before, was fastest. Revving past was slower, and 7,000 RPM was also slower.

Sooo.... 20 laps trying to find 1 tenth in Rome or 10 laps banzai trying not to fly off the track...

Banzai!!

Great car - had some fun with this one in the past but Cape Ring is not one of my favourites and I've had limited running on the full circuit so not sure how this will pan out. Not a bad first run though I think:

Not fine tuned a setup but its my usual style rock-hard springs, high damping, 2.0/1.0 camber, 5/40/10 diff, similar gears to Baron... As someone once said - *ahem* "Thrash it mercilessly"

Edits:

Pretty good fun so far. Still hate the Mario Kart super jump but most of the track is a good challenge.

That'll do for tonight I think... already spent far too much time not getting organised for tomorrow. :P

Last edited:
This looks interesting, nice combo Kev, I'll give it a go. Just to let you know the the link to the PM to Fetchy doesn't work.

Fixed. 👍 We're still learning too. :)

Nice looking combo, Kev, I'll be hitting it shortly, after I tire of Rome. 👍

Thanks for all the tunes, guys. Won't get started on this until Tuesday, though, probably.

30 laps, looks like a great combo. Faster splits.

Last edited:
After a quick comparison, I find I'm quicker with Baron's tune, although it makes it harder to complete a clean lap. But that's a good thing, it'll make me improve as a driver if I stick with it. It's still very early, though, so I'll go back and forth between tunes until I'm sure I've found the best one for me.

Chris, when/if you have the time, I would really like to see a first sector video (and I'm probably not the only one!), please!

Kind of funny how 2 Diablo's were announced today for GT6. :) And when we were running the C2 Corvette at Laguna, they announced an updated version of it...Kev, do you have GT ESP? :eek:

I think our NOMAD Diablo and the Aventador would be the only 2 not shown here, and would be on the screen to right.

i1UPMObWkz1mtW.jpg

Last edited:
Chris, when/if you have the time, I would really like to see a first sector video (and I'm probably not the only one!), please!
Haha, no worries. :P I never got round to doing one last week for some reason.... hey ho. Anyway, here's this week so far. This is a 40.887:

Heey. There sirs I'm new to gtp and I wish to register to become an official gtp member is there any way I can go about doing this?. Thank u for thr help

Have you tried using L2 and R2? It's easier to modulate throttle.
Tried before and what you say is true. Thanks for the tip, but I've been using the same button setup since Gt2 and can't seem to get used to a new one...
Anyway, it's a challenge and plan to continue until I get a decent lap time (for my standarts) or loose my mind trying :P

Have you tried using L2 and R2? It's easier to modulate throttle.

Actually, I'd highly recommend the right analog stick for Accelerating and braking. The triggers aren't that good with the DS3, and I used that as a result.

Actually, I'd highly recommend the right analog stick for Accelerating and braking. The triggers aren't that good with the DS3, and I used that as a result.
And, might I add, you are just very, very, insanely fast with it...

That's why I perfer it! :D A lot of fast Japanese DS3 users like samurai_405 use the same setup. You just gotta learn to be patient with your imputs. I used to be terrible with the stick, but I kept on practicing for years and years until I got to the kind of skill level I was at not too long ago. 👍

ill have to give this combo a try sometime this week..as that lambo is a lot of fun to race with!

Got a pretty good run in and just have to figure the exit from the roundabout. That exit has killed some pretty good splits.

Nice T2, Dale 👍

With Kevin's tune this time.

About 0.85s at the line.

Ok, back to Baron's tune for a few laps... I was behind my ghost from the start, passed him in the "coil"... a bit more than 0.3s at the line.

Last edited:
That's a shame, its a great car to thrash. That's how you drive it... just thrash the hell out of it.

Couple more tenths in there. Tricky sewing it together but hella fun. :P

That's a shame, its a great car to thrash. That's how you drive it... just thrash the hell out of it.

Couple more tenths in there. Tricky sewing it together but hella fun. :P

Might give it another try tomorrow, it's just that I find it very unpredictable, but it's probably me

Latest Posts

Back