290hp Vitz

• Thread starter Alexiel
  • 11 comments
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum. I have been playing the GT series for quite a while. I still play GT3 a lot even I have the GT4 Prologue. I have 140 cars in my garage, all completely modified.

I just want to share some tuning spec with you guys, and kind of compare them. So, here comes the spec, let me know what do you guys think?

Toyota VITZ RS 1.5(J)

Comment: In my opinion, this car is fun to drive and easy to handle. The car is tuned for using the GT Force Steering Wheel.
This car can easily keep up with the other FF, like a 300HP Integra Type-R. I usually use it to beat cocky people :) I would recommend you guys to test it with MT.

Fully Customizable Suspension
Sport Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Racing Muffler and Air Cleaner
Sports Computer
Port Polish
Full-Engine Balancing
Stage2 Turbo
Full-racing Transmission
Triple Plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Full Customize LSD
T5 Front Tires
T4 Rear Tires
Lightweight Stage 3

Spring Rate:
7.6 Front, 7.2 Rear

Ride Height:
90 Front, 90 Rear

Shock Bound:
Lv7 Front and Rear

Shock Rebound:
Lv8 Front and Rear

Camber Angle:
1.2 Front, 0.0 Rear

Stabilizers:
Lv5 Front, Lv6 Rear

Brake Balance:
Lv19 Front and Rear

LSD:
Initial Torque 16
Acceleration 27
Deceleration 17

Gear Ratio:
Auto Setting Lv22
Adjust 5th to 0.882
Adjust 6th to 0.700
Adjust Final Gear to 4.400

ASM Lv0 (off)

TCS Lv0 (off)
:confused: :lol:

Welcome to GTPLanet, Alexiel! Enjoy your stay with us.

That looks like a decent setup for the Vitz, though I don't use the wheel much. For DS2 I prefer my FWD cars to run a little more camber up front (usually 3.0) and a little toe out (-0.5 to -2.0, depending) in the back.

The car is tuned for handling, it is still slow. It can keep up with a 300hp Integra Type-R on the straight, and challenge it at the corners. It is a smooth drive car, not a drift car, the speed is going to drop like crazy if it start sliding.

Originally posted by neon_duke
Welcome to GTPLanet, Alexiel! Enjoy your stay with us.

That looks like a decent setup for the Vitz, though I don't use the wheel much. For DS2 I prefer my FWD cars to run a little more camber up front (usually 3.0) and a little toe out (-0.5 to -2.0, depending) in the back.

I usually wouldn't have too much camber on the wheel, because it will slow the car down. Most of the time, I don't put Toe on my cars unless they are F1s and MR. Because you wouldn't see that much in real life touring cars, so I don't want to spoil it.

You know,this is exactly the kind of thing that I needed because I was just about to ask what kind of tunings are needed for the Pro Vitz race.I am glad that I stumbled upon this thread.

Originally posted by Apex Kev
You know,this is exactly the kind of thing that I needed because I was just about to ask what kind of tunings are needed for the Pro Vitz race.I am glad that I stumbled upon this thread.

Actually, I would consider the Pro Vitz Race is one of the most challenging race in GT3. Because every car is almost the same, and the AI drives pretty well. You pretty much see they are packed together fighting for position from the start to finish, and they are not slow like the other races too.

For my car, I'll usually use T4 tires for the front, and T3 for the rear. You may lose it a bit at the first 2 laps because of the cold tires, all you need to do is just stay back and keep up with them. After the tires is warmed up, you are going to see the difference soon enough. If you can drive smooth and take the line well, you won't need to pit at all. I usually have a huge lead in the last couple laps. (10+ sec)

Polyphony001
Do the AI pit on every lap??
No. I assume you mean every race? If so, yes, they do. I never pitted throughout the series.

I would also like to ask where the impression comes that camber affects speed... in real life and in the game, I have never seen a point where camber affects top speed. Toe most assuredly does affect top speed, but not camber.

neon_duke
No. I assume you mean every race? If so, yes, they do. I never pitted throughout the series.

I would also like to ask where the impression comes that camber affects speed... in real life and in the game, I have never seen a point where camber affects top speed. Toe most assuredly does affect top speed, but not camber.

Whoops, yeah, sorry, I was in such a race to get on and try it. And thank you very much, Alexiel, for this setup. it absolutely trashes previous setups I was using, and the vast understeer has ben reduced to a level I call 'acceptable'. I'm now up to Special Stage Route XI, apparently the hardest race in the series...

EDIT: and what really does camber do, change the alignment of the wheels? I thought Toe did that as well...

EDIT: OK, well i got trounced at the special stage but found Grand valley a piece of cake comparatively, with nearly 40 seconds of lead, though this doesn't compare to a whopping 58 loss at SSR11 R.

I have now won pro league then, but I thought there was a prize for winning the entire GT Mode. DO I need to get all golds on the licenses for that?

Back