• 24 comments

Nato_777

Moderately Super
Premium
New Zealand
Kaikoura, NZ
Nato777
Hi guys,

Now that the Tournaments are finished I would like to revive the 3.0 competition for those looking for an extra challenge.

This will pretty much be an anything goes editing competition, so you will be able to HDR, photo stitch, add liveries, body panels, scenery, weather effects, textures, flares, etc... I want to let your imaginations run wild with this comp. ;)
However the judge for any given comp will be able to impose editing restrictions to suit their chosen theme. They may wish to restrict scenery changes for example.

I would see this comp running on a 3 week cycle - open for two weeks to give plenty of editing time with a week for the poll/winner to choose next theme.

It will be an unofficial GTPlanet competition so I can't use the official banner templates and will have to create our own for this comp - this is where you come in...

I know there are much more talented people out there than myself when it comes to graphic design so I would like to give you the opportunity to create the banners for the 3.0 comp. If you like we can hold a competition of sorts to choose the banners - just submit your banners to me and I'll set up a poll so we can vote for our preferred banner set.

We will need a Header banner containing the week number, theme title, previous winner/judge & winner's image.

A Rules banner, an Editing banner, a Deadline banner, and a Poll Options banner - each with the ability to have a winning image or part thereof incorporated into the design.

Banners need to be 600px wide to conform to existing standards and preferably multi-layered with each element on a separate layer.

Anyway let me know if you're interested and/or you have any ideas or suggestions for this comp.

:cheers:

Nato

Last edited:
Once the comp is under way, entries will have a 500px preview as per the regular comps.
If you produce a banner set they can be posted at 600px - happy for anyone to post any banners created here for feedback. ;)

Once the comp is under way, entries will have a 500px preview as per the regular comps.
If you produce a banner set they can be posted at 600px - happy for anyone to post any banners created here for feedback. ;)
I won't be making banners it's just not my job.. I just do what I'm told to do in every comp & that's it :lol:.
Anyway thx for the aid Nato you're always there to help people! :cheers:

Thoughts?

18257174785_2a7714abe2_b.jpg

17636756794_0a4e7fe318_z.jpg

18071624040_76f6a007a3_z.jpg

17638772873_f7d70d3c63_z.jpg

17636757744_032d3cb261_z.jpg

Last edited:
I agree, since it's not an official comp as such, we could trial displaying 600px prevews. It's only 100px more, not that much bigger really. But either way great to see this being revived Nato. 👍

I may have a crack at some comp banners also, stay tuned...

Hmm, i think i try to do some banners too, hope there deadline isnt any close yet

Aye. :D

I don't have the skills (or software) to compete in the heavy edits and adding things, but if we have anything with filters and stuff, I'd be happy to join in on a comp or two. 👍

Good to see that this idea has been revived! Thanks Nathan, so are we allowed to choose any picture or will a new picture be provided to edit each week??
Also Aye for Nux's

Back