3 easy improvements

• Thread starter ThaSyn
  • 11 comments
Belgium
Antwerp
ThaSyn
First of all: I love Gts!

With that being said there are 3 things I wish were possible every single time I play the game.

1. Being able to sell gift cars for money or mileage points

2. Being able to use custom liveries in EVERY daily race

3. Being able to use the special paint colours on the decals

Your thoughts?

With that being said there are 3 things I wish were possible every single time I play the game.

Your thoughts?

1 mainly... I second that! :)

I imagine this is a technical limitation. GTS uses PBR (Physical Based Rendering) Shaders and the special colours will have more render overhead than "normal" colours. GTS's render engine may be able to get away with having a full grid of cars with special colours but may not be able to handle multiple cars with multiple special colours (because you know some people would go completely and utterly nuts with them :lol:)

Your thoughts?

Seconded, and I should add:

Overhaul of all daily races:
-One dedicated daily race for Gr. 1/Gr. 2 (there aren't many Gr. 2 cars to warrant a dedicated daily race exclusive to the class yet);
-One dedicated daily race for Gr. 3;
-One dedicated daily race for Gr. 4;
-One dedicated daily race for N-class cars;
-One dedicated daily race for Gr. B;

-Allow tuning of: transmission, suspension and LSD for all daily races.

Seconded, and I should add:

-One dedicated daily race for Gr. 1/Gr. 2 (there aren't many Gr. 2 cars to warrant a dedicated daily race exclusive to the class yet);
-One dedicated daily race for Gr. 3;
-One dedicated daily race for Gr. 4;
-One dedicated daily race for N-class cars;
-One dedicated daily race for Gr. B;

-Allow tuning of: transmission, suspension and LSD for all daily races.
That's... not an easy improvement. And the second point would certainly divide the community

I understand that the daily races is a hit-and-miss, but adding more daily races would only divide the small playerbase further. Dailies sometimes don't fill up the whole grid anymore, if PD introduces more races 4-player grids would become a thing
Would strongly disagree with 1.
You get the car for free, why should you get money for it when you sell it. If you don't want it then just delete it.

CJ
Idk, I just want it to happen :lol:
Not really annoyed that we cant sell it for money, but it'd be a convenience to be able to

Similar wants to above with these changes:

-One dedicated 30-45 minute timed race daily race for Gr. 1/Gr. 2
-One dedicated daily race for Gr. 3 at least 20 laps with fuel and tire wear
-One dedicated daily race for Gr. 4 at least 20 laps with fuel and tire wear
-One dedicated daily race for N-class cars timed at least 20 minutes

-No tuning of transmission Suspension and LSD tuning would be acceptable for all daily races

Similar wants to above with these changes:

-One dedicated 30-45 minute timed race daily race for Gr. 1/Gr. 2
-One dedicated daily race for Gr. 3 at least 20 laps with fuel and tire wear
-One dedicated daily race for Gr. 4 at least 20 laps with fuel and tire wear
-One dedicated daily race for N-class cars timed at least 20 minutes

-No tuning of transmission Suspension and LSD tuning would be acceptable for all daily races

"Lets force everyone to do really long races all the time"

Sounds like FIA races are more your ballpark.

Would strongly disagree with 1.
You get the car for free, why should you get money for it when you sell it. If you don't want it then just delete it.

CJ

It’s not supposed to mirror real world logic. Nobody’s getting cars for free for driving x miles everyday too.

"Lets force everyone to do really long races all the time"

Sounds like FIA races are more your ballpark.

This is true. This thread is what the player would like to see.

I am not a fan of 4 lap races. I will do them to stay proficient if the race C is a track that I'm not fond of. With 4 lap races if you mess up qualification you have almost no chance of fighting through a field. Longer races allow you to do fun race car things like judging pace vs tire wear or fuel consumption over time. Strategy, in my opinion, is a massive and crucial part of racing. Short races negate that part of the equation in my eyes.

They could introduce 1 lap sprint races for all I care in a scenario like this as long as we have the challenge of racing proper races as well.

This is true. This thread is what the player would like to see.

I am not a fan of 4 lap races. I will do them to stay proficient if the race C is a track that I'm not fond of. With 4 lap races if you mess up qualification you have almost no chance of fighting through a field. Longer races allow you to do fun race car things like judging pace vs tire wear or fuel consumption over time. Strategy, in my opinion, is a massive and crucial part of racing. Short races negate that part of the equation in my eyes.

They could introduce 1 lap sprint races for all I care in a scenario like this as long as we have the challenge of racing proper races as well.

Really though, it sounds a lot like you're looking for the FIA races.

Really though, it sounds a lot like you're looking for the FIA races.

Yes, it's what I really enjoy. But, as it stands only being able to enter two races a day (when I am home at the correct time) is slightly frustrating. I tend to race the Race C races more than either A or B. Allowing more options for longer daily races would really increase my enjoyment of the game. Not that I don't enjoy the game, it would just allow me to play more frequently in a format that I like (without having to try to fill up or look for lobbies).

Back