3 punctures in 10 laps - what am I doing wrong

• Thread starter Guarana
  • 3 comments
United States
United States
Was doing a 60min online race.
As soon as I live the pit with new tires and around 35l of fuel my engineer keeps saying that tire pressure is low so I must avoid curbs. I do that but my hear left tire temp keeps increasing and reaches 95 Celcius (203 Fº). After 3 laps my tire says goodbye. Go back to the pit, change all tires, go back to track: the same thing happens after 4 laps - this time front left tire. I head to pits again do the same thing and go back to the track. As soon as I live the pits I hear the same messages from the race engineer but this time the tire explodes right after I cross the finish line.
I'm using the aggressive setup as a baseline with some changes: wings at 1, break bias at 46, CT at 2 and ABS at 1. Didn't touch tire pressure, using exactly what the aggressive setup gave me.
Not driving like crazy neither.
:(

Last edited:
What was the track, car and track temperature?

Tyre temperatures in ACC aren’t massively important... But pressures are. You need your pressures to be around 27.5 when the tyres are fully warmed up (2-3 laps at full pace).

Are you sure your brake balance was 46? That’s massively rear biased and will cause all sorts of issues with handling and rear tyre pressures. Around 56 is good for MR cars and 60 for FR IME.

ABS at 1 will also cause tyre overheating, as will low traction control and wing settings if you’re not sensitive with throttle applications.

GT4 pressures should be 27. They will be cold at the start because there are no tyre warmers in GT4, but will heat up very quickly if the base pressures are too high.

Back