30 Rock

  • Thread starter Thread starter Klostrophobic
  • 17 comments
  • 1,003 views
Messages
12,993
United States
USA! USA!
Wow. Absolutely hysterical. Going into it, I was expecting to be completely disappointed given the SNL-centric cast, but this is definitely the funniest show on television right now. Tracy Morgan is a genius.

You absolutely need to see this show. Like right now. Wednesday at 8 PM Eastern. Canada gets it on Tuesdays.

You can catch the full first episode online if you missed it.
 
Wow. Absolutely hysterical. Going into it, I was expecting to be completely disappointed given the SNL-centric cast, but this is definitely the funniest show on television right now. Tracy Morgan is a genius.

You absolutely need to see this show. Like right now.

I watched the first episode. It was good, but I cannot stand any Baldwin, let alone Alec (who happens to be the worst one). So, I'm not watching the series and I took it off my HR20 recording schedule.
 
I generally agree, but his delivery is spot on here. I think he's fantastic; he and Morgan make the show go.
The second episode is much better.
 
My buddy likes this show a lot, I may give it a shot next week.
 
I used to have a boss exactly like Baldwin. Completely unrealistic in his schedule, erratic behavior, and would praise & Blame you for the same thing.

He'd saddle you with a schedule for one thing that compeltely enveloped your entire time schedule, then complain when you didn't finish the rest of the scene.

Baldwin plays his part as the Incredibly focused but obliviously boss perfectly.

The rest of the show doesn't look to have any longevity. That is the problem I've seen with this show. It has been great right out of the gate, but I don't see it performing in the upcoming months.

Personally, I flipped through a gamut of shows last night and settled on this one, as it sucked the least of what was on.
 
C'mon. You didn't fall out of you chair laughing when Tracy did his Bill Cosby impersonation?

"I'm Bill Cosby. Jello pudding, Sweaters."
 
C'mon. You didn't fall out of you chair laughing when Tracy did his Bill Cosby impersonation?

"I'm Bill Cosby. Jello pudding, Sweaters."
Yes, actually, that was pretty funny. But the point where What's her name managed to sit down in front of a live camera, as well as not check the mic. :rolleyes:
 
Wait, I was thinking of Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. NBC has two shows that seem to be about the same thing.
 
Yes, actually, that was pretty funny. But the point where What's her name managed to sit down in front of a live camera, as well as not check the mic. :rolleyes:
Yeah, but Baldwin and Morgan just completely drown out whatever shortcomings the show has. You must look past the bad to see the good, grasshopper.

Studio 60 is also really good, but the show within the show is truly horrible. It's even worse than SNL. It almost ruins the show for me; how hard is it to write like 60 seconds of good material? Enough with the boring Crazy Christians thing.
 
OK, the third episode: WOW. Awesome. Best episode yet.

I should write for TV Guide.
 
Sorry for my ignorance but what is this show about again?



Ciao!
 
It's a show about a live comedy show on NBC. Tina Fey stars, but Alec Baldwin and Tracy Morgan make the show tick. Baldwin gives the best deadpan deliveries I've ever seen.

You can watch all three episodes on NBC's site here.
 
Good looks Klos, I'll make sure I don't miss it next week. :cheers:




Ciao!
 
I just finished watching the third episode. It was OK, which is what I thought of the first episode.

I see no longevity for this show, either. I'll still watch, but will stop when it gets too predictable. I see that happening.
 
Please tell me you're all still watching this show. It gets better every god damn week.

This week involved Tracy Jordan trying to get stuff pregnant, swastikas, negotiations, entourages, and just general hilarity.

I see staying power with this; it's definitely the funniest show on television.
 
Tracy Morgan's great. Alec Baldwin's even great. But I hate Tina Fey, and she's like the main character.

The show is probably worth watching despite her though, and I do check it out when I remember to.
 
Nope. I cannot stand it, actually. I watched the first four episodes, and that was enough.

Tina Fey really bothered me, too. So did Alec. Tracy Morgan is funny, though, but he's not enough to keep me watching it.
 
Back