30min. of racing with any car then all upgrades free from manufacturer

• Thread starter Delirious
  • 13 comments

Delirious

Meh
Premium
Metroider17
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/119/1198556p3.html

There'll likely be some resistance amongst fans regarding the new car tokens (players who don't want to save up in-game currency to buy cars can exchange Earth-dollars for car tokens via Xbox LIVE – the most expensive cars in Forza 4 will cost three tokens) and how upgrades are now free after around 30 minutes play per manufacturer. How it'll impact the in-game economy remains to be seen.

Is that true?

Also anyone have any idea how much tokens cost?

I think the 30 mins thing might be a little exaggerated. But it is true that you can get a 100% discount on parts if a car's affinity level is maxed out. There's 50 affinity levels, so how ever long it takes to max that out is how long it will take to get free parts.

Well I have 75% off for Ford and I've raced not all that long so far, I sort of assumed that the discount would stop at 90% or something but we shall see.

I sure don't like the tokens thing though, but those of us who work for our CRs know who we are. But I've barely played and I have almost 100,000, at this rate I'm feeling that you would have to be monumentally lazy to buy tokens.

Yeah, this is going to screw my price system for the auction house. I usually sell a car with basic visual parts, and livery, for the price of the car and parts, rounded up to the nearest 5000cr, and a couple more thousand for the livery, let the bidding go from there.
Now everybody is going to have free parts, and it'll effect how much I can price a garanteed profit in while still letting people decide how much they want to pay for a livery.
I'll still make money, but that feeling of "getting something" for the credits spent will be less for buyers I think.

I'm surprised they've gone his route, although I guess manufacturer affinity could be likened to getting works support IRL and access to free parts. Either way it makes it very easy and that's not 100% ideal.

I think the 30 mins thing might be a little exaggerated. But it is true that you can get a 100% discount on parts if a car's affinity level is maxed out. There's 50 affinity levels, so how ever long it takes to max that out is how long it will take to get free parts.

Ignore this, I was wrong. And yes, it looks like it only takes about 30 mins to get free parts.

People still sell on the auction house? Seems like selling tunes and vinyls separately would be the better route. Then you're only being charged for that person's work and nothing for the "material" parts, the cost of which will vary.

People still sell on the auction house? Seems like selling tunes and vinyls separately would be the better route. Then you're only being charged for that person's work and nothing for the "material" parts, the cost of which will vary.

You'd think, but I almost never have to put a car up for more than 1 or 2 attempts before it sells, and my storefront almost always gets some traffic from the "advertising". I don't sell tunes though. I keep parts limited to those needed for "the look", and let the buyer tune it to taste from there.

Its much faster to make money selling in the AH. I have 100 million in F3 and almost all of it was from the AH. In fact I want to get rid of that money because I really have no reason to play F3 anymore.

The new problem with F4 is that if you made designs in F3, most people that bought those designs have no reason to re-purchase them again in F4. So its going to be even slower making money off the SF this time around. But if you want to make serious money and quick, the AH is the place to do it.

I dont think I will spent a lot of time in the AH this time because having that much money ruins the game. At that point there really is nothing to "work" toward. In fact I didnt even mess with the AH much until a few months before Forza 4 came out. If you know what you are doing in the AH, it doesnt take long at all to make money in any Forza game.

Just wondered if you level up a car and get free parts,
Will your second car of the same model have free parts to, is it manufacturer based or do you have to level up the second car.

Just wondered if you level up a car and get free parts,
Will your second car of the same model have free parts to, is it manufacturer based or do you have to level up the second car.
From what I can tell I think its ALL the cars from that manufacturer. So if you upgrade it for Ford, your Ford PERFORMANCE parts are all 100% aka free!

From what I can tell I think its ALL the cars from that manufacturer. So if you upgrade it for Ford, your Ford PERFORMANCE parts are all 100% aka free!

Thank you, you must be a mind reader to cause i had Ford in mind when i thought about this to.

Latest Posts

Back