323i Touring / 323Ci

• Thread starter Kitten
  • 163 comments
Thank you! I adore the slick look of it without the rails, makes it a bit more sporty actually!

On other news! The Antenna on the rear of the roof is not for the radio, but essentially an analog cell phone network antenna, and my touring was prewired for the phone, but never was installed, and so its currently useless and obsolete. I may just delete it, considering the rubber seals are pretty bad, or put a shark fin or a SiriusXM Antenna. Not sure though. After looking at shark fins on Tourings it looks rather tacky. :indiff:

I suggest you to go for an antenna-less look, the shark fin doesn't suit the car well in my opinion, and it has a cleaner look what way ;)

I suggest you to go for an antenna-less look, the shark fin doesn't suit the car well in my opinion, and it has a cleaner look what way ;)

Where i'm heading, just delete the antenna completely, since it's useless.

I really like that HVAC relocation bracket with USBs! Will have to get something like that when eventually I get around to finishing that project of mine.

I really like that HVAC relocation bracket with USBs! Will have to get something like that when eventually I get around to finishing that project of mine.

It's made by Dynavin, i quite enjoy having the USB's, the top one is plugged into my headunit and into a car play dongle, then bottom one is connected to the cigarette lighter, so can charge a device there as-well.

Also, E46 finally had its first coil pack go bad on cylinder 1. Drove to school was perfectly fine, and was returning home and engine light came on and i could def tell it was lacking some power , limped it home and when i got home it was idling pretty rough, i scanned it, and said misfire on cylinder 1. I switched coil packs from another cylinder and found the culprit that the coil pack went bad. It's the original coil pack as-well manufactured in 14/3/2000. Almost 19 years old!

Also got reverse camera and a front facing camera from EONON for free, will have to wire it up eventually.

Surprisingly running very well! I'll be replacing the K&N Oiled Filter on the K&N Intake Tube to a AEM Dry. My poor MAF won't be having any more issues with a dry filter, as-well ill clean the MAF. Should be all set!

70198440_917943095227624_9147826761868771328_n.jpg

Yeah, you can only use a slight bit of oil on those filters for the MAF to function properly.

Well i bought the CAI used, so the filter wasn't in the best shape anyway. I didn't want to deal with reoil'in it, cleaning it, etc. So i opt'd to replace the K&N Filter with a AEM Dry Filter, easier maintenance imho.

So with winter fast approaching, lets do a year review of what's been done to the E46 Touring! I'll include as-well plans for winter, and next year!

Completed
- Clear Turn Signals, and Tail Lights.
- Roof Rails Deleted
- Double Din Radio (Dash Cam + Reverse Camera) / HVAC Relocation
- Sport Steering Wheel
- Replaced Yaw Rate Sensor
- Replaced Coil Pack on Cylinder 1
- K&N Cold Air Intake (replace K&N Filter with an Dry AEM Filter)

Plans (2020)
- Rebuild calipers on all 4 sides, including flushing the system, and new brake fluid.
- Wrap Sport Steering Wheel
- Wrap Wooden Trim around with Carbon Fiber including gear shift knob.
- Flush Transmission fluid and replace it with new fluid.
- Replace Spark Plugs (they've never been replaced)
- New set of tires, considering the current ones are from 2009 and are quite cracked.
- Possible Exhaust upgrade?
- Fix some fitment with the EONON Radio.
-
LCM 4.0

That's the updates for now.

Last edited:
If you're going to wrap the interior trim, may I recommend the look of the concept M3 Touring :) I think the silver textured trim looks pretty damn good compared to plain carbon fiber. But that's just personal prefference, not a fan of carbon fiber look on things.

bmw_m3_touring_concept_1.jpeg

If you're going to wrap the interior trim, may I recommend the look of the concept M3 Touring :) I think the silver textured trim looks pretty damn good compared to plain carbon fiber. But that's just personal prefference, not a fan of carbon fiber look on things.
Oooh! I really like that! Thank you.

Much appreciated! Was looking for the name of it, but just couldn't! I think this is what i may go for! I'll see if i can find a second set on eBay.

With the cream interior I think the black would work better. I wouldn't rule out wrapping, at least for cost saving purposes. Black graphite or similar would look pretty cool. Something like this https://www.myg37.com/forums/body-i...57091-new-interior-wrap-brushed-graphite.html or that
https://e46fanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=790484

With the cream interior I think the black would work better. I wouldn't rule out wrapping, at least for cost saving purposes. Black graphite or similar would look pretty cool. Something like this https://www.myg37.com/forums/body-i...57091-new-interior-wrap-brushed-graphite.html or that
https://e46fanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=790484

I don't think it looks to bad to be honest, maybe gloss black wouldnt look too bad either. I'm not sure to be honest. But the brushed does look good!
3348645155_77a951bc23_b.jpg

On that note, I am possibly thinking of Retrofit Power Folding Mirrors, and a newer LCM so i can add triple blink, (possibly) retrofit rear fogs, and future of adding front fogs when i get a MTech II Front Bumper.

News?

- Both my front struts are heavily leaking [Needs to be replaced]
- Tires are at the point of being shot [replace when taken out of storage]
- Needs an oil change
- E-Brake doesn't work

That cluster is the first step for a M3 conversion, I'm sure of that :D

Darn! @ZGBox You were supposed to keep that a secret! :dopey:

---

On a more serious note; with winter coming quite fast, its time to put the 323iT into storage. Which brings me onto a stint of about almost 6 months to do maintenance and some retrofits to get her ready for Spring 2020!

oWQsckC.png

Retrofit Stuff, Some stuff wont make it till like summer 2020, or later.
e90286361e.png

Last edited:
I'm sure you probably already noticed but that tire is a bit dry rotted!

Since i never saw this comment, yeah i did a good 5k on them. Should i have done that much on those dry rotted tires? Nope. But i did.

On that note; I took the plates off and put it into storage for this winter. Time to start buying parts to get ready for next year!

May I recommend style 68 for your wheel consideration.

uFT2FjN.jpg

17", which is not too big and not too small.

Im gonna quote this, because i was really unsure i liked these rims, but i absolutely love them and looking for a set.

Last edited:
Here's my spring plans before the plates go back on, and inspected.

Suspension
- KONI Yellow + Eibach Pro Kit
- 14.5mm Upper, 5mm Spring Pads (Rear)
- Rouge Engineering Rear Shock Mounts
- Strut Mount Reinforcement Plates

Maintenance
- Spark Plugs
- Transmission Filter, ATF Fluid Flush
- Oil Filter, Fluid Flush
- Fuel Filter Replacement (Wouldnt be surprised if its from 04/01/00, will find out)
- BFGoodrich G-Force Comp-2 A/S

Retrofit - Mods
- M3 Cluster + Adaptation Module (Shift Lights, Gear Indicator, and Oil Temp will be functional)
- LCM 4.0 (Triple Blink/BFD)
- M3 Leather Steering Wheel
- Angel Eyes, Low Beam Xenon's
- Front Strut Bar - garagistic

Possible future plans;
- Rear Fog Lights
- Front Fog Lights
- Reverse Camera for EONON Head Unit

Howdy! Been some time since I have updated this thread.
Updates?
How the front strut looked after 123,900 miles (All 4 Corners were basically shot)
pqrcUgo.jpg

Koni Yellow/Eibach PRO Kit Installed, My dad is currently cleaning up the rear end painted the rear calipers, and the rear bracket. Snagged some new front/rear pads, and a new ebrake mechanism, the original one wasnt working correctly anymore.
QIPG6mC.jpg

Replaced Fuel Filter, Spark Plugs, Fuel Filter, Oil Change, Trans Fluid Flush!
6xpgcQt.jpg

More updates soon!

After a month of being in the garage, she's finally out! These KONI Yellows and EIBACH Pro Kit lowered it just right (It will settle a bit more, but honestly love the overall stance). Excited to see how it drives on the road!
K3i5JJz.jpg

Looking good.

Honestly, im blown away with how well it turned out! Its ride height is just right! Thank you!

---

Here is the list of everything done;
- Engine Oil/Filter Replacement
- Trans Filter/Fluid Replacment
- Koni Yellow/Eibach Pro Kit
- Fuel Filter
- Spark Plugs

Currently waiting on;
- Borla Catback
- Tires

Left to install;
- Bi-Xenon's/Angel Eyes
- M3 Cluster, with Module to get everything working correctly.
- Remapped MS42 ECU
- Blower Motor Resistor
- Hard Wire UNIDEN R7

After a month of being in the garage, she's finally out! These KONI Yellows and EIBACH Pro Kit lowered it just right (It will settle a bit more, but honestly love the overall stance). Excited to see how it drives on the road!
K3i5JJz.jpg

This looks so good! Just the right amount of low in my opinion.

Last edited:
Back