Logitech wheels in GT7?

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 33 comments
United States
California
Sk8er913
In Gran Turismo. They have always supported Logitech wheels, even GT6 supports the wheels that were used in GT3. PD sees our data in GTAcademy, they know that most of their best players use G27s. :P

What do you think the chances are that Logitech wheels such as the G27 will be supported by GT7?

I have a G27, and I don't think there is any chance of Logitech wheels such as the G27 will be supported, so I just have to go and by a new wheel. 👍

In Gran Turismo. They have always supported Logitech wheels, even GT6 supports the wheels that were used in GT3. PD sees our data in GTAcademy, they know that most of their best players use G27s. :P

What do you think the chances are that Logitech wheels such as the G27 will be supported by GT7?
Zero.

I've read insider information that PD "will get Logitech on PS4 one way or another".

The problem is I don't remember where so all said before can be easily ignored and/or considered fake.

I've read insider information that PD "will get Logitech on PS4 one way or another".

The problem is I don't remember where so all said before can be easily ignored and/or considered fake.
Don't remember who it was, but someone posted on GTP (I think) that he'd met and conversed with Kaz and Kaz had said the Logitech wheels would be supported. I still say zero;)

Well, as there is no info, waiting is the only thing left, even though I've decided to buy a T300RS.

Well, as there is no info, waiting is the only thing left, even though I've decided to buy a T300RS.
"No info" is relative though. We do know that Logitech says they are out of the console peripheral business, which was announced 2 years ago. Only a vague twitter or facebook post since then saying, "Yeah we're working on something", and nothing since. Fanatec announces late compatibility in time for the Project Cars launch but they announced they had a contract with XBone months ago. There's a distinct absence of any positive news from Logitech. You'd think if they were working on this and though it would come to fruition, they'd announce it to try and head people off from buying other wheels.

It's the complete lack of any news that's the most telling sign IMO.

I have been doing e mails with Logitech, they keep telling me that it wont work so I keep telling them to fix it lol.I think its a thing about selling a certain wheel first then they will say the wheels work or they wont work at all. Project cars is the first real big racing game on console and thrustmaster controls what is happening right now IMO.

Just completely died?? Never heard of that.. maybe check your power supply, might be toast...

Yeah. Was having a go, drifting then the power just shut off, turned it back on, tried to re-calibrate but kept on failing then it just powered off. I thought it heated up because it was quite warm so I let it cool down for a few hours. It didn't turn back on... Checked the cables and all seemed ok. So I'm not sure why it died.

I'm not too worried because it's still under warranty. Plus I kept the receipt :D

Update on the Logitech situation:
http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/318504/Report:+Logitech's+new+G29+Racing+Wheel+detailed/

Sources close to Logitech have offered up some details on the firm's newest racing wheel.

Reportedly the G29 will be licensed to Sony for use on the PS3 and PS4, meaning the wheel won't be compatible or released for PC. There'll only be one model of the wheel on offer - with a RRP of 189 Euros - with a gear shift add-on to be sold separately.

An official announcement looks set to be around mid to late June, potentially putting a reveal right slap in the middle of E3, with a release possibly following shortly after.

flereinformationerlogitechs_1461534_650x.jpg

I don't understand not making it PC compatible. I'm assuming it uses a new internal design with new drivers, but it seems odd to just ignore the PC market entirely.

I don't understand not making it PC compatible. I'm assuming it uses a new internal design with new drivers, but it seems odd to just ignore the PC market entirely.
I'm guessing it's either a PS4 version and a pc version might be released later, or they made some kind of deal with Sony to produce a wheel exclusively for the PS4. Either way, if it's just the guts of a G27 with some cut and paste DS4 stuff added on, making it pc compatible is pretty pointless when you can buy a G27 for less and it includes a shifter.

Will be shocked if no PC drivers, more concerned about PS2 and PS3 compatibility.
Pretty fuzzy, but the bottom of the box seems to indicate it works on the PS3.

Assuming the mechanicals are at least what they are on the G25/G27, I can live with that price point. What would be a bonus is if the G25/G27 shifter is compatible, but I somehow doubt that.

As for the supposed non-PC compatibility, the earlier USB Logitech Gran Turismo-branded wheels were PC compatible, so I somehow doubt that the G29 won't be.

I just don't get how it can be PS3 and PS4 but not PC unless it is a completely different wheel from anything they've made until now, since all of Logitech's wheels so far have been piggybacking off of the original Driving Force.

Why Logitech?? i want a wheel that works on PS3, PS4 and PC, so i had to buy a T300 RS instead but it's too expensive and i hear people having lots of problems so i don't know if i should buy G29 or T300 Rs.

Why Logitech?? i want a wheel that works on PS3, PS4 and PC, so i had to buy a T300 RS instead but it's too expensive and i hear people having lots of problems so i don't know if i should buy G29 or T300 Rs.
You always hear about the problems, but you don't hear about the dozens of people that have no issues for every one that has problems. I had problems with my G27, which it appears the G29 is based on, and when I researched it, I found out the centering issue was very common. Unless you're looking for it, you aren't usually aware of the issues. Too early to say for sure, but the article above suggests the G29 is not compatible with pc so that might limit your options as well.

Pretty fuzzy, but the bottom of the box seems to indicate it works on the PS3.
I understand it has PS3 support but how good the compatibility will be on older games like GT5P, will it be recognised as a DFGT or G27. I think it is very likely there will be PC support going by their older products. It is someone's assumption there won't be, like I could say the T300RS won't have PC support because it is officially licensed for PS3 / PS4 but does not mean it is true.

I understand it has PS3 support but how good the compatibility will be on older games like GT5P, will it be recognised as a DFGT or G27. I think it is very likely there will be PC support going by their older products. It is someone's assumption there won't be, like I could say the T300RS won't have PC support because it is officially licensed for PS3 / PS4 but does not mean it is true.
Just speculating, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's just a G27 with a new wheel and the G27 drivers worked with it.

This whole issue with Logitech support on PS4 is simply down to Sony being tigh-fisted with licensing an having signed an exclusive deal with Thrustmaster, that is the only thing preventing the G25 and G27 from being used in game... Based on the direction things are going with a G29 for PS4, there should be no longer be any reason for Sony to not allow other wheels to work too, seeing as most allow some level of function on PS4.

It's not a hardware issue or an issue with game devs. Every racing game developer for PS4 in recent memory has said they would have Logitech wheel support and have said there should be no reason for them to not work, but none have. Sony have simply been holding everyone back, as always! Fan boys need to realise Sony is very touchy over having things exactly how THEY want them to be.

I'll have the G29 before I get my copy of GT7, because I want to try it with GT6, because it's supported on both PS3 and PS4 as of the latest news article.

Back