RocZX

Premium
United States
New York
2017-Jeep-Grand-Cherokee-Trackhawk-artists-rendering-201-876x535.jpg
2017-Jeep-Grand-Cherokee-Trackhawk-artists-rendering-202-876x535.jpg

Car & Driver
What It Is
Meant to be to street performance what Trailhawk is to rock-bashing off-road ability. There will be an optional Hellcat engine, and well, info on that part ought to be clear by now.

Why It Matters
Dodge now claims exclusive rights to the SRT badge, but the Jeep Grand Cherokee is currently the bestselling vehicle to wear it. FCA isn’t about to shut down its hot-rod-Jeep money mint, so the hi-po Grand Cherokee will now be known as the Trackhawk.

Platform
The Grand Cherokee shares its skeletal makeup with the Mercedes-Benz M-class, making it one of the few good things to come out of the disastrous DaimlerChrysler tie-up.

Powertrain
It should seem obvious that the supercharged Hellcat V-8 would eventually find its way into a few more engine bays. Paired with four-wheel drive, the 6.2-liter’s 707 horsepower and 650 pound-feet of torque could help the Grand Cherokee breach 60 mph in less than four seconds. Base 475-hp Trackhawk models will come with the naturally aspirated 6.4-liter V-8 that is used in today’s Grand Cherokee SRT.

Competition
BMW X5 M; Land Rover’s new highest-performance model, the Range Rover Sport SVR; Mercedes-Benz ML63 AMG; Porsche Cayenne Turbo S.

What Might Go Wrong
We hear that Jeep is struggling to blast-proof the Grand Cherokee’s driveline against Hellcat torque bombs. There are two obvious work-arounds: Engineers could electronically limit torque in lower gears or, less likely, just skip four-wheel drive.

Estimated Arrival and Price
Look for the first $65,000 Grand Cherokee Trackhawks at Costcos, gas stations, drag strips, and meetings of the South Jersey mafia starting in mid-2016.

Car & Driver

The Grand Cherokee is on my short list for when I need a new vehicle in about 5 years. This one is now on the top of that list. :drool:

Aparently they are working on a HC JGC

From the article:

The greatest challenge engineers are currently facing regards the SUV's all-wheel drive system. This has to be strengthened to face the monster output and then some - the last part refers to the obvious tuning that will follow once the car is released.

Having a 700+ HP factory setup that works is nice, but if this starts failing once people head out to the track or add a bit of extra muscle, things aren't going to work out exactly well.

Full article here: http://www.autoevolution.com/news/2...-v8-engineers-facing-awd-challenge-95784.html

Maybe Chrysler need to have a word with beanie and how they solve the problem of extreme horsepower.

Grand Cherokee Trackhawk Hellcat confirmed?

Motor Authority
Our sources have confirmed that it’s coming, and have also confirmed some details.

It's called Project K, and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles doesn't want you to know it's been given the green light for production. Not only has it been approved, but mules are testing the powertrain using 2016 Grand Cherokee bodies.

When it hits the streets, the Hellcat-powered Jeep will be a 2017 model year.

Sources say the Trackhawk will feature the same supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI V-8 as other Hellcats, and output should remain about 707 horsepower. A ZF eight-speed automatic transmission will handle shifting duties, and all-wheel drive will be standard. Whether torque is limited to preserve the all-wheel-drive system or not has yet to be confirmed.

Performance should be nothing short of breathtaking. Our source says the HellJeep will be capable of an estimated top speed of 200 mph and should run the 0-60 mph dash in under 3. Thank the standard all-wheel drive for the insane acceleration.

We reached out to Fiat Chrysler Automobiles to ask about Project K and the Grand Cherokee Trackhawk/Hellcat. A spokesperson would only say, "We don't comment on future products."

Think a Hellcatted Grand Cherokee is just overkill for hauling the boat on the weekend? Our source also told us the Grand Cherokee SRT together with a name change would receive a power increase from its 6.4-liter HEMI V-8 to an estimated 490 horsepower.

Motor Authority

Performance should be nothing short of breathtaking. Our source says the HellJeep will be capable of anestimated top speed of 200 mph and should run the 0-60 mph dash in under 3. Thank the standard all-wheel drive for the insane acceleration.

That is absolutely insane. It probably won't be as well-rounded as something like a Cayenne GTS, but I'd still get one just to demolish 911's and R8's between the lights and look at the expressions on their owners' faces.:lol:

Heard from some higher up guys at the local Chrysler dealership that this is coming end of next year.

I want to believe it, but for now I'm taking it with a grain of salt.

Heard from some higher up guys at the local Chrysler dealership that this is coming end of next year.

I want to believe it, but for now I'm taking it with a grain of salt.
lol I just said from the folks at Allpar (Staff member who works for Chrysler) said it will a 2017 model lol

Back