Red Bull X2011 Prototype vs SRT Tomahawk.

• Thread starter johnny33
  • 23 comments
New Zealand
New Zealand
DRYFTA_X
Ok so me and my friend have been having this little debate. We all know for a fact that the SRT Tomahawk is faster than the Red Bull X2011 Prototype.. however i said to my friend that if the X2011 was the same amount of HP it would exceed 600 km/h, however my friend says no it won't because he thinks the downforce is too much for it to achieve over 600 km/h.

Yesterday i set the HP on the SRT Tomahawk to the same amount of HP as the X2011 Prototype (1634HP) what i found was that the SRT Tomahawk could only JUST reach over 500 km/h whilst the X2011 Prototype achieved 510 km/h (I know it can be faster). When i told that to my friend he said there's a flaw in the game then because he still thinks the SRT Tomahawk should be faster because it has less downforce acting upon it. I immediately felt frustrated with him because even when evidence proves i am right he still denies it because he's an ignorant mother ****er who doesn't admit when he is wrong.

The X2011 does have more downforce even on the lowest downforce setting but only by a total of 100kg's more.. i tried to explain to him that the X2011 Prototype is 200kg's lighter than the SRT Tomahawk which would result in the X2011 having a higher power to weight ratio which explains the reason why the X2011 has a higher top speed than the SRT Tomahawk when the HP is the same.

What do you guys think?

I've heard that the Red Bull has better cornering than the Tomahawk, but the Tomahawk can kill the Red Bull on the straights.

Ok so me and my friend have been having this little debate. We all know for a fact that the SRT Tomahawk is faster than the Red Bull X2011 Prototype.. however i said to my friend that if the X2011 was the same amount of HP it would exceed 600 km/h, however my friend says no it won't because he thinks the downforce is too much for it to achieve over 600 km/h.

You can estimate this mathematically. Measure the top speed of the car, measure the horsepower. Take any top speed you want and then divide this number by the measured top speed. Cube the resulting number. Take this cubed number and multiply the measured horsepower. That is the horsepower required to reach the new top speed.

Yesterday i set the HP on the SRT Tomahawk to the same amount of HP as the X2011 Prototype (1634HP) what i found was that the SRT Tomahawk could only JUST reach over 500 km/h whilst the X2011 Prototype achieved 510 km/h (I know it can be faster). When i told that to my friend he said there's a flaw in the game then because he still thinks the SRT Tomahawk should be faster because it has less downforce acting upon it. I immediately felt frustrated with him because even when evidence proves i am right he still denies it because he's an ignorant mother ****er who doesn't admit when he is wrong.
Downforce is only vaguely related to drag, you can't use downforce to measure top speed.

The X2011 does have more downforce even on the lowest downforce setting but only by a total of 100kg's more.. i tried to explain to him that the X2011 Prototype is 200kg's lighter than the SRT Tomahawk which would result in the X2011 having a higher power to weight ratio which explains the reason why the X2011 has a higher top speed than the SRT Tomahawk when the HP is the same.

Weight doesn't matter, it has nearly no effect on top speed. The Red Bull is faster because it has less drag.

Although such a small difference could be down to gearing.

Isn't the Tomahawk X doing 3:30.xxx laps around Nordschleife in the Seasonal event? That's over a minute faster than the video shows...

Isn't the Tomahawk X doing 3:30.xxx laps around Nordschleife in the Seasonal event? That's over a minute faster than the video shows...
Different driving skills...
I am just an average driver, you might be faster, some will be slower... Is just me and my SAME driving skills in two different cars in the same track.
Simple as that!

That is a good video. Amazing how close the 2 laps were. Now, how many laps were completed and recorded before two matching times were found?
I just had to make a clean lap with both cars that's All... I did a few attempts cause I got out of the track a few times.

@MannYhAvitZ -- I apologize if you thought I was criticizing your driving. In no way did I mean to come across that way. Your handling of the Tomahawk X and the Red Bull X2014 is very impressive. Much, much better driving than I could do with those cars around Nordschleife. I just don't know what the absolute limit of the Red Bull car is...I was just pointing out that I was aware of some people who have done quicker laps in the Tomahawk for the Seasonal Event. I have no idea if your Red Bull lap time is at the limit of the car's capabilities or not. Either way, great driving!! 👍

It's almost a moot point, as these cars set the skill bar so high, that only a small percentage of people will be able to drive them at their mechanical limits on a long track like the Nurburgring. The lap time disparities tell the story.

IMO, if they were to do a QM event with the 2011 and the SRT X detuned a bit, it would be a pretty good race for most people :)

The red bull is a circuit monster, the SRT is a terminal velocity record smasher, thats it really, two different cars.
The Red bull is really twitchy and manic, two lap runs and thats about it. I absolutely love the SRT GTS-R once you fix the toe angle and loose the understeer its awesome.
They have to build this car, just the base model will do. Americans make the best looking cars.

This is like saying a Ferrari will be slower than a Subaru 360 because you limited the power to the equal amount...

Pointless thread is pointless.

The Tomahawk GTS-R and X would simply destroy the Red Bull X2011 on a straight line, but the Tomahawk X is slightly less stable than the top Red Bull X cars (X2010 series, X2011 and X2014 Fan Car), and the GTS-R has less turning force than the X.

please how can you judge times against the two cars.it takes practice and the right tune to get the optimum from the player. I myself ran a 5.07 twice with the tomahawk and with the gt5 experience.I have with the x1 on both games for me the tomahawk wins easily.level 40+gt5 and a platinum in gt6

I love the X2011 but i felt it was better in GT5 its probably no different now but idk i prefer the SRT as it corners pretty much the same and annihilates the X2011 on the straights but i dont use any of the SRT, Red Bull and the 2x as they are just unrealistic in my opinion.

JAMP0T1

Sooo this is battle of the X-ses? :dopey:

Plus the C60 Hybride is the competitor of the Tomahawk S and FGT for the Tomahawk GTS R

Different driving skills...
I am just an average driver, you might be faster, some will be slower... Is just me and my SAME driving skills in two different cars in the same track.
Simple as that!
That was an awesome comparison video! Yeah for some reason I still feel that the Red Bull X2014 Fan Car > SRT Tomahawk. I clocked a 5+ minute in the Tomahawk but a 4:55 in the X2014. Even though Tomahawk is more powerful I still find myself going back to X2014 for some reason.

Personally I rather have the G-suit instead!

Back