2016 Honda Accord

• Thread starter Ddrizle
  • 63 comments
honda-logo.png

2q2om6a.jpg

nx98np.jpg

zj9l36.jpg

33l0djn.jpg

2.4-liter 4-cylinder with either a CVT or a 6-speed manual.
3.5-liter V6, with 6-speed automatic or a 6-speed manual.

Press Release
  • Upgraded 2016 Accord features one of the first applications of both Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ in a volume-produced vehicle
  • More dynamic styling, including first 19-inch wheels on Accord
  • Honda Sensing™ safety and driver-assistive tech available on all trims
  • New 7-inch Display Audio touchscreen interface

Not entirely fair... the current model has shed a boatload of ballast for much tighter bodywork... looks sort of like a larger 3-series... this one...

Wow.

Those headlights.

Wow.

Don't care that they haven't changed much else. Those headlights are... wow. The old ones with the dual projecter LEDs were great... this multi-LED array is just geeky.

Basically only different things I notice are the new headlights, and the larger chrome trim lines on the grille and between the taillights.

But they're still not going to use it to replace the end of Euro market Accord, like Ford did with the Fusdeo, right.

I think it looks ugly.

I would still consider buying one though if I was looking. Honda usually make solid cars from my experience. And the interior is nice.

Rear lights look way cool. Front lights look... baleen.

Hope they didn't kill the hybrid. If they can upgrade the batteries and the controller and fit an even smaller engine, that would rock.

I hope the front seats go back a little further. Needs like another 3 or 4 inches to match the tall-comfort index of its best competitors.

That's a brand new interior. They got rid of that stupid dual screen and it actually looks like the new one won't suck.

Isn't this just the current car with the gimmicky driving lights instead?

Those look like Acura "Jewel LED" headlights. Like, straight off the TLX and RLX. Both of which are based on the Accord.

So, uh, why buy the Acura, now?

It looks pretty nice overall. It certainly is better than what Toyota is giving us even if it's a bit more conservative. The worst part is that piece with the H emblem that looks tacked on.

I don't know, compared to the other hot selling competition metal with killer looks like the Mazda 6, KIA Optima or Hyundai sonata, it just looks pretty uninspiring. it needs a complete redesign in my opinion. it's sorta like what Toyota did with the camry, just stuck on a new front bumper and rear bumper, unlike the aforementioned that have entirely new sheet metal.

A good design should not just come down to different bumpers/lights and wheels.

Now the Inspire concept, may be a glimpse into the 2017 accord for the US market.

2014_honda_concept_b_beijing_02-0421-mc:819x819.jpg

I can get behind that 100%.

Back