Scottish
Contributing Writer
Scotland
GTPlanet
Street-King-07
Quattro Saltire
astongt8.jpg

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/aston-martin-plots-hotter-vantage

As one last swansong to their V8 Vantage, Aston look set to unveil a stripped down hardcore model like what they did with the GT12, with this new one dubbed GT8. Set to be the lightest Vantage yet, only 150 are planned and is set to be priced at 991 GT3 RS levels.

UPDATE 15/4:

Revealed.
asm00577_resized.jpg
asm00569_resized.jpg
asm00575_resized.jpg
asm00576_resized.jpg
021_astonmartin_gt8_resized.jpg
asm00566_resized.jpg
013_astonmartin_gt8_resized.jpg
asm00568_resized.jpg
asm00567_resized.jpg
asm00571_resized.jpg

Last edited:
It's based on the V8, not V12, right? About time the smaller engine gets some notice.

I doubt we'll see a seven-speed three-pedal setup as mentioned in the article, though: Aston doesn't have one, and it seems unlikely they'd create one for such a small production run.

It's based on the V8, not V12, right? About time the smaller engine gets some notice.

I doubt we'll see a seven-speed three-pedal setup as mentioned in the article, though: Aston doesn't have one, and it seems unlikely they'd create one for such a small production run.

Correct. The GT12 was waving off their N/A V12, this is for their N/A V8.

By "manual" they might mean the 7-speed sequential manual box (or a derivative thereof). Sportshift II?

IIRC, isn't Aston one of the few higher tier brands that haven't made any notion of phasing out manuals?

Yes and no. They only offered the flappy paddles when the V12 Vantage S first launched (the non-S had a stick), and I'm pretty sure the Vanquish is the same.

Whoever is in charge of Aston said they want to be the maker to produce the very last car available with a manual transmission. So there should be one offered somewhere within the range for the foreseeable future.

Whoever is in charge of Aston said they want to be the maker to produce the very last car available with a manual transmission. So there should be one offered somewhere within the range for the foreseeable future.
Or just go to Aston Martin Works and give them a blank cheque.

damn that front bumper looks like a hardcore track car, like it is not made for road legal.
That car just has the GT12 body on it the actual gt8 looks more like the GTE rather than just a GT12 with a V8.

Front Bumper will have more vents and more styling cues from the Vulcan , rear diffuser will be a simpler but carry over the GT12 rear vents. The u shaped vent and cf central console are GT12 only and the front wheel vents will be sealed.

Last edited:
Yes and no. They only offered the flappy paddles when the V12 Vantage S first launched (the non-S had a stick), and I'm pretty sure the Vanquish is the same.
I knew about the Vanquish but I always remembered Harris in particular, praising Aston for keep their manuals available.

It's getting just a little bit silly now, these try-hard cars from Aston, Bentley, BMW and Mercedes.

What's even sillier is that it's been 13 years and Aston Martin still has been using the same DB7 design. Not all Aston Martins are the same, but they all look very similar to the Original DB9 with only a few changes. The DB9 certainly is a nice design, but after thirteen years, it's time for some change.

What's even sillier is that it's been 13 years and Aston Martin still has been using the same DB7 design. Not all Aston Martins are the same, but they all look very similar to the Original DB9 with only a few changes. The DB9 certainly is a nice design, but after thirteen years, it's time for some change.
Well, this is the vantage, which has been in production since 2005.

Back