• 48 comments

Northstar

The Original Party Worm
Premium
United States
Anoka, MN
Welcome to the first ever One Day in May Challenge

The Premise:

On May 29, 2016 three of the biggest races in their respective series' will happen within hours of each other. First it's Formula 1's legendary Monaco Grand Prix on the scenic street course. A few short hours later IndyCar will launch the 100th running of the Indianapolis 500. Ending the night is the longest race on the NASCAR Sprint Cup schedule, the Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway. The goal of this competition is to pick the winner of each race.

The Rules:

You must be a current member of GTPlanet
Entries must be submitted via the Google form below.
Entries must be submitted before 12:00PM GMT on May 28.

The Races:

Monaco Grand Prix
Track: Circuit de Monaco
Scheduled Start Time: 12:00 PM GMT

Indianapolis 500
Track: Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Scheduled Start Time: 4:00 PM GMT

Coca-Cola 600
Track: Charlotte Motor Speedway
Scheduled Start Time: 10:00 PM GMT

Time Converter

Entry Form

Points Table:

1st - 16
2nd - 14
3rd - 13
4th - 12
5th - 11
6th - 9
7th - 8
8th - 7
9th - 6
10th - 5
11th & Lower - 1

The Prizes:

The top 3 finishers will receive a year of GTPlanet premium membership.​

Good format, I wonder if this could be the basis for something bigger. There's normally multiple races to bet on each weekend ;)

I thought about it and decided it was more special to have it be a 1 weekend competition.

Plus, I may do something for Le Mans so that will take up a bit of time.;)

The N24 is also this weekend but I guess that's not as important. :sly:

I'll cast my vote when I've done my research of past winners and current season performance.

Entered, but since I don't watch Nascar I just went with Jimmie Johnson cause I'm pretty sure he wins all the time :lol:With potential rain at Monaco, and Indy and Nascar being a bit of a crapshoot due to the length, I'll be shocked (and impressed) if someone gets all 3 winners.

The N24 is also this weekend but I guess that's not as important. :sly:

I went back and forth on whether to include it. In the end I decided not to as it would have just been the top class, which I didn't feel did the race justice.

Sent in my picks, we'll see how it goes down this weekend. 👍

Signed up and entry for submitted. I think my F1 pick will play out, but I took some chances with Indy and The Coke 600 picks.

Turned mine in. Funny enough, another site I'm on is doing pretty much the same thing, so I went with the same picks from over there. Hope they pay off!

There's 12 hours until the deadline for entries.

My selections are:

F1: 6 - Nico Rosberg
Indy: 22- Simon Pagenaud
600: 78 - Martin Truex Jr.

Welp, that puts me on 9 points so far :(

Just need Monty to win the Indy 500 (which I'll be happy enough about anyway to be honest), and Kevin Harvick to win the NASCAR. :)

1 win for me taking Louise but I forgot who I picked for Indy and the 600.:embarrassed: I think/know I took a Chevy and Toyota driver but??

Standings after the Monaco Grand Prix

1 of 3.JPG

Back