GT:Sport and Future GT Titles

• Thread starter Robbks
  • 30 comments

Would you buy multiple GT Titles If they offered different content

• Total voters
Australia
Tasmania
RobUrabus
I have a theory that Kaz's "New Direction" for GT:Sport and future GT Titles will see multiple GT Games released over a shorter time-frame.

I.e, we will see a more Traditional GT Game that caters for the classic GT cars, the Kei cars, and for more of the long Sunday Drive/ Grand Touring aspect of the game we once knew.

I.e GT:Sport is the first one, GT:Touring to follow, and maybe GT:Historics, etc.

Would you purchase multiple games at say, 12 months apart?

Yea man I'll buy it only if PD releases GTS:Bronie edition in which you can race ponies... Your theory is based on your fantasies alone
Kaz is going with the eSports theme because it is getting popular and it would be a first for GT franchise, not because he is expiriencing racing phase

Amazing that people will buy any GT game regardless of its content!

Personally I don't understand that. I will only be buying games which have content which is of interest to me (GT or otherwise) and only after good reviews from trusted reviewers - no more pre-orders from me!

...I voted "maybe". Largely because I don't think GT:S will enter the disc drive in my PS4 any time soon, if it remains in its current, somewhat indecisive form. Just my gut feeling, of course.

It'll be a damn shame if my relationship with the franchise ends on such a note...

We were fooled yet again, we have to wait for next year (2017) for a new GT, then GT7 could release sometime in 2020 to be exact, and by GT8, I don't think it'll make it on PS4, but rather, on PS5 instead, likely as its launch title.

They delayed GTS and it's not exactly a massive game by the standards of Gran Turismo games.

Exactly what my theory is based on,

They need the time to get the underlying architecture, lighting models, sound models, and physics right.
the rest is just modelling more cars/ tracks/ locations for the different titles.

They delayed GTS and it's not exactly a massive game by the standards of Gran Turismo games.

But GTS won't have reused cars from the PS2 Days and the entire "Sport" online mode needs to work perfectly.

Anyway, PD seems to work at it's own pace and considering that it isn't that large a team (when compared to other AAA devs) Delays with a game in a series as big as GT is almost a given.

Polyphony has a track record, if you like it you wait on them, if not then you move on. Glad I did not wait on them to produce what I wanted, would have been a long slog. Janet said "what have you done for me lately."

They need the time to get the underlying architecture, lighting models, sound models, and physics right.
the rest is just modelling more cars/ tracks/ locations for the different titles.

I feel like you're forgetting that they're not exactly fast at modelling either. ~400 premiums in the PS3 generation? They're not going to be slamming out another couple of hundred in a year or two.

But GTS won't have reused cars from the PS2 Days and the entire "Sport" online mode needs to work perfectly.

So pretty much like every other modern game, they need modern assets and to work.

The same could've been said for previous titles, it still took them three years between each one on average. You're living in a dreamworld if you think PD are capable of releasing a title even once a year.

The only way that a new Gran Turismo game could be released every year is if devs other than PD work on the series as well. But, that'll never happen as long as Kaz gets his way.

Many of you are not getting the point.

The "Successive" titles are not ground up re-builds.
think of them more of an expansion pack.

99% of the game would be the same.
Just different cars, and maybe different/ added tracks or real world cruising locations (course creator, Sierra, California Coast, etc)

One GT:Sport works (which it does, you can control a car on a track and it interacts with other cars/ objects) the rest is just modelling.

Maybe, the releases will be as DLC add-ons to GT:Sport and not an entire named title?
so you get an entire matching set of cars and locations,

Neither was GT2. It still took 2 years.
Neither was GT4. It still took 3 years.
Neither was GT6. It still took 3 years.

99% of the game would be the same.
Just different cars, and maybe different/ added tracks or real world cruising locations (course creator, Sierra, California Coast, etc)

Again, you're basically describing normal mainline sequels.

One GT:Sport works (which it does, you can control a car on a track and it interacts with other cars/ objects) the rest is just modelling.

Still are. Still takes 2-3 years.

Then make these extra titles just DLC. There is no need to release the same game every year of it is just an expansion pack.

I think everyone understands you just fine. You just don't seem to understand the reasons why there's no way it's going to happen.

Say we accept your idea. Polyphony release GTS, and then a year after they release another game. How many extra cars and tracks do you envision them adding in this time to make it a worthwhile purchase for the average consumer (considering that it's holding all other features and physics basically identical)?

I have a theory that Kaz's "New Direction" for GT:Sport and future GT Titles will see multiple GT Games released over a shorter time-frame.

think of them more of an expansion pack
Kaz already mentioned this theory himself:
“You won’t have to wait as long as you did for GT5. GT5 was basically the creation of a whole new operating system, and developing GT6 will be like adding new applications that run on that new operating system.”
GT6 did take less time than GT5 did, and added by far the least any second GT title has ever done over its predecessor on the same console, but still took three years.

That being said:
Neither was GT4. It still took 3 years.
GT4 was a ground up rebuild. PD made much ado at the time about how it was the first game in the series to break completely free of the engine of the original game.

Last edited:
Geez, I don;t log on for a few days and the joint goes nuts.

How is any of what he said hating on GT? Pointing out the flaws in one person's horrendously optimistic reasoning is not hating on a game, no matter how you spin it.

^^ I got a laugh out of this.
But I do prefer Optimism.... :cheers: :cool:

Cross-quoting from the general thread to Illustrate my point

In saying that I think GT Sport could be/is a good concept for a racing game, it works for the "hardcore" market of racing fans like Projects CARS and Assetto Corsa do but it just needs to be backed up by another, more accessible title IMO.
That is what Forza has done with Horizon, although their 'base' title is still not as focused as GT Sport. But they recognised the market for those who want to race cars and have fun with them but not in a sterile, realistic circuit environment.

Yes but I don't expect that other title to follow GT Sport in "quick secession", if it even happened. Any differently focused game following GTS would still be be 2-3 years away. However, I still think there is a very good chance GT Sport, when it reappears, is a very different game.

I.e, we will see a more Traditional GT Game that caters for the classic GT cars, the Kei cars, and for more of the long Sunday Drive/ Grand Touring aspect of the game we once knew.

I.e GT:Sport is the first one, GT:Touring to follow, and maybe GT:Historics, etc.

Would you purchase multiple games at say, 12 months apart?
GT City. Has Kei cars and various passenger cars with customization up to Gr.4 level. 5 tracks. Traffic etiquette with avatars on the street that ghost when a player tries to hit them. Player gets points minus on their licence starting from 1000.
Yeah, I can see that coming out in a year's time.

GT City. Has Kei cars and various passenger cars with customization up to Gr.4 level. 5 tracks. Traffic etiquette with avatars on the street that ghost when a player tries to hit them. Player gets points minus on their licence starting from 1000.
Yeah, I can see that coming out in a year's time.

My dream come true! I would buy this in a heartbeat! :lol:

You would start in a Demio and work your way up to maximum Prius-tier tuned by Tommy Kaira! :boggled:

But I would love a C-Spec Mode in GT....
"Free Drive" ppl enjoy this and I love it too (from time 2 time)!

Back