350Z Twin Turbo

  • Thread starter Thread starter FRR35H
  • 9 comments
  • 4,171 views
Messages
411
Australia
Australia
Messages
frr35h101
I've ben trying to do this with EVERY 350z that comes up in UCD and not one can be made Turbo. In GT4 it was possible, but in GT5 it seems supercharging is the most the Z cars will get blown.
Has anyoe found a Z model that can be turboed? Before anyone mentions it, I have no interest in the Option Stream Z. I know it's Turbo already, I'm looking for a project car Z.
 
Wow, personally I would have thought a 350Z would be one of the most likely candidates to have turbo tuning, much like Supras, Skylines, etc. Just take one look at the Option Stream Z.
 
Does it have to be 350Z. Try the older versions (300ZX or 280ZX)
They might work.

Nice Car in Your Avatar...👍 Good to see people in Australia having the same love for the GT. You can see mine in my picture.
(there is also a thread in here where it is depicted....)
 
Does it have to be 350Z. Try the older versions (300ZX or 280ZX)
They might work.

Nice Car in Your Avatar...👍 Good to see people in Australia having the same love for the GT. You can see mine in my picture.
(there is also a thread in here where it is depicted....)

Haha thanks! If you could link me to that in a PM would be appreciated! :D
Yours looks very nice in black! GT was the reason I bought my GTO! Good ol' GT1! :)

Back on topic though, HAS to be a 350z or 370z, but I've already tested the 370z and it's the same deal, though I don't know if the GT Academy version is different.
Reason being is that when I was hybriding in GT4, I created something of a monster in turns of a 350z Roadster with a 3.8L TT from the GTR R35 Concept, left it FR. Was an animal in everyway possible. Saw the 380RS in GT5, thought to myself "YES! I can recreate that car!" then was greatly dissapointed. :(
 
Heh they can be turbocharged but I don't recommend it.

There's hardly any room in the engine compartment to install a twin turbo kit and when you do you have to disassemble the entire steering rack to have enough room to work.

In GT I'm sure you can but not in premium guise, and the Option Stream Z should be RB powered not VQ.
 
Sucks you can't put forced induction on some cars, no idea why PD decided to limit us on that. I wanted to supercharge my RM NSX tonight only to find out I can't do that or Turbocharge it either. :(

Edit: Turbo Lexus IS-F.... :drool:
 
Thats really shame you cant turbo some cars, i like the turbo thing more than superchargers, that i can say. The funny parts is that moste of the cars that can have turbo kit installed in real life, cant have it in gt5.
 
Sucks you can't put forced induction on some cars, no idea why PD decided to limit us on that. I wanted to supercharge my RM NSX tonight only to find out I can't do that or Turbocharge it either. :(

I think NSX's are better left unturbo'ed. The RM'ed one corners like hell and has good throttle response.

A shame that you cannot add Turbos to the 370Z
 
Back