PlayStation 4 Sales Hit 50 Million Total

Sales will probably tail off as the PS4 Pro isn't all that and frankly embarrassing in it's specs and functionality. They might not even reach PS3 sales.

There been so much talk about how Xbox One is outselling PS4 but we are yet to hear any sales figures of the Xbox One. Microsoft been very quiet wich makes me assume they sold far below PS4 perhaps 20 million total?

Sales will probably tail off as the PS4 Pro isn't all that and frankly embarrassing in it's specs and functionality. They might not even reach PS3 sales.
Please excuse me while i
giphy.gif

First - that's what the slim is far (Sells)
Second- 2017 is gonna be the best year games wise for the PS4
Third - Unlike the PS3 the PS4 Can easily reach the magic 199$ price point

PS4 Will easily make it to 80+ million and into 100 Million

Last edited:
Who cares about sales? Only board members and fanboys. The rest of us just get on enjoying our consoles.

I think that the PS4 could quite reasonably make it to 100 million in 6 years as long as they don't/aren't forced to jump to a new console generation. As long as the jump to a PS5 or whatever it'll be called isn't until 2019 or 2020, I'm saying it can. Will it? Who knows. But I think it's possible.

I think that the PS4 could quite reasonably make it to 100 million in 6 years as long as they don't/aren't forced to jump to a new console generation. As long as the jump to a PS5 or whatever it'll be called isn't until 2019 or 2020, I'm saying it can. Will it? Who knows. But I think it's possible.

Depends if the Scorpio forces their hand.

Depends if the Scorpio forces their hand.
Essentially what was said above. Sony has the jump over Microsoft with the upgraded models. All Sony has to do is make it public that the Pro's price will be lowered before Scorpio comes out. Sony then has a PR advantage of appearing more affordable than Microsoft, which would repeat what happened with the PS4 and XB1 at launch.

Essentially what was said above. Sony has the jump over Microsoft with the upgraded models. All Sony has to do is make it public that the Pro's price will be lowered before Scorpio comes out. Sony then has a PR advantage of appearing more affordable than Microsoft, which would repeat what happened with the PS4 and XB1 at launch.

I imagine people that are worried about which is more affordable would be looking at the respective "base" models (the Slim and XB1S). Microsoft has already said the Scorpio is a premium product and will be priced accordingly.

Checkmate! That's exactly how I think things are gonna go! What a time to be alive and be a gamer! :)

Why would it? This so call Scorpio isn't gonna be that big of a jump over The PS4 Pro And by the time that comes out the PRO can easily be 299$

It's very likely the Scorpio will be a massive jump over the PS4 Pro and it also with have a UHD drive and full disk based backwards compatibility with tons of 360 titles. Sure it will cost more but I see it causing PS4 sales to fall off the cliff, the One S is already making a killing even against the PS4 Pro, let alone the PS4 Slim.

I predict a Dreamcast / PS2 situation occurring because Sony jumped the gun a little too early with an product not powerful and featured enough to considered the same generation as what MS will release and a lower price doesn't always mean they will maintain strong sales.

Many people who've never touched a gaming console in their lives have bought PS4's. I know several people who never picked up a PS2 or PS3 but bought a PS4. Not many of them are true gamers, however. So the console has most definitely met Sony's expectations. It will pass the PS3 sales at this rate.

It's very likely the Scorpio will be a massive jump over the PS4 Pro and it also with have a UHD drive and full disk based backwards compatibility with tons of 360 titles. Sure it will cost more but I see it causing PS4 sales to fall off the cliff, the One S is already making a killing even against the PS4 Pro, let alone the PS4 Slim.

I predict a Dreamcast / PS2 situation occurring because Sony jumped the gun a little too early with an product not powerful and featured enough to considered the same generation as what MS will release and a lower price doesn't always mean they will maintain strong sales.

TBH Scorpio which is expected to be 6TF is not fast enough to handle 4K at good gfx and at 60fps. Xbone level gfx may be at native 4K will be possible but apart from resolution there will hardly be any improvement in gfx fidelity. Some people were disappointed with gfx jump from PS3 to PS4. Then jump from PS4 to PS4P and Scorpio is going be worse than that.

IMO PS4 lifespan will definitely increase due to PS4P. I expect GTS and GT7 to be released. Just checked, TLOU has got 3.2million views which was shown at PSX. GOW4 at E3 got little more than 14million. They got lot of games coming as well for next 2-3years. So if they can do that I do not see PS4P and PS4 sales going down. I would say if Sony can give more incentive to PS4P and 1080P users like better shadows, texture filtering, aa which IMO more important and 1440P or 1800P resolution

...the One S is already making a killing even against the PS4 Pro, let alone the PS4 Slim...
I'd be interested in seeing some links to back that bit up. Everything I'm seeing shows Sony straight back up there in the lead based on sales, certainly after the Pro release.

Slim and regular sales were certainly slower once the Pro launch date was announced as those who hadn't bought a PS4 yet were waiting on that to come out - and indeed, sales shot back up.

Last edited:

You're kidding right?

Well deserved sales anyway, their exclusive line up was lacking the first 2 years but finally the first party is coming good.

Hope Nintendo have success with the switch.

Well done SIE. 👍 They've hit the sweet spot with launch console and Pro IMO. So many blunders by Microsoft though which probably massively helped.

I'd be interested in seeing some links to back that bit up. Everything I'm seeing shows Sony straight back up there in the lead based on sales, certainly after the Pro release. Slim and regular sales were certainly slower once the Pro got a launch date as those who hadn't bought a PS4 yet were waiting on that to come out and indeed, sales shot back up.

The Xbox held the lead in July, August, September & October. I would call that being in dominant position because they simply have lead more of the recent months, especially in the UK where sales increased dramatically when the One S launched. Even with the Pro out the difference in sales was only 100,000 units which is tiny considering it's supposed to be a better machine.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/oct/03/xbox-one-console-sales-booming
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-sales-rise-almost-1000-in-uk-following-sl/1100-6444030/

Well done SIE. 👍 They've hit the sweet spot with launch console and Pro IMO. So many blunders by Microsoft though which probably massively helped.
CEO and Saviour of SONY. World famous for releasing PlayStation consoles, Xperia phones and leaked emails. PARODY ACCOUNT.

Don't worry, it got me once too. :lol:

Pro-tip: Buy all consoles then you don't have to argue like children in a playground to justify your choice ;)

Whichever console you choose you'll lose out. Don't see anyone with a PS4 being able to play the wonderful game that Horizon 3 is and likewise I don't see anyone with an Xbone being able to play the wonderful game that The Last Guardian is.

To be honest it doesn't really bother me more just like to ruffle a few feathers. I also play most games on a PC now and my PS4 is a glorified YouTube, Netflix player. Its so much cheaper the other day I got rollercoaster tycoon 1-3 plus all DLC for about £9

The Xbox held the lead in July, August, September & October. I would call that being in dominant position because they simply have lead more of the recent months, especially in the UK where sales increased dramatically when the One S launched. Even with the Pro out the difference in sales was only 100,000 units which is tiny considering it's supposed to be a better machine.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/oct/03/xbox-one-console-sales-booming
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-sales-rise-almost-1000-in-uk-following-sl/1100-6444030/

What????? They won a few months and yet are still down by over a million in the US, They won two months in the UK by less then 30K which the PS4 made up over Black Friday

The xb1 has never led in the UK

Black Friday UK
PS4 - 142,578
One - 92,578

XB1 won September By 1500K
October By 25K

Which the PS4 easily made up on Black Friday Both in the UK and US

US
PlayStation 4 Pro helps Sony’s console outsell Xbox One in November in the U.S.
Source
Code:
http://venturebeat.com/2016/12/08/playstation-4-pro-helps-sonys-console-outsell-xbox-one-in-november-in-the-u-s/

And lastly I'm not even gonna go into the WW Lead the ps4 has over the XB1.... Cause :lol:

So yea they led alright
In your delusional little world
:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back