I'm confused....

United Kingdom
Merseyside, UK
Hi all...there's all this news about GTS...whenever that comes...but from all I see and hear I'm left disappointed by the game...there's some people still mentioning a GT7 so here's my question: will there be a GT7 or is GTS supposed to be the actual GT7?? I hope there would be a GT7...after spending lots of time playing GT6 it seems that GTS will be somewhat underwhelming...

Hi all...there's all this news about GTS...whenever that comes...but from all I see and hear I'm left disappointed by the game...there's some people still mentioning a GT7 so here's my question: will there be a GT7 or is GTS supposed to be the actual GT7?? I hope there would be a GT7...after spending lots of time playing GT6 it seems that GTS will be somewhat underwhelming...
No one here can answer that definitively but Kaz has basically said that with GTS it's a new direction for the series and he's never mentioned a GT7 game since GTS was announced. From all that we know so far, GTS is the new face of the Gran Turismo series.

This is the new direction for the series. If it is a success there will be GTS 2. If it fails then either PD are cut loose or their next game will be GT7.

Kaz has said something along the lines of having put so many features in GTS that you could call it GT7. I don't agree with him on that.

This is the new direction for the series. If it is a success there will be GTS 2. If it fails then either PD are cut loose or their next game will be GT7.

Kaz has said something along the lines of having put so many features in GTS that you could call it GT7. I don't agree with him on that.

This is the first time I'd be seriously tempted by Forza...one of the things I'm hoping for is that like GT3 this will be a condensed GT game for a "new" console and the next game will be so much bigger...hopefully...

This is the first time I'd be seriously tempted by Forza...one of the things I'm hoping for is that like GT3 this will be a condensed GT game for a "new" console and the next game will be so much bigger...hopefully...
New console? It will be 3 and a half years old before GTS is out, at least. If we follow the pattern of how long GTS will have taken to be released, we can compare it to GT5 and the PS3. Which means the following GT title will coincide with a new console possibly, then it's a question of wether PDI can make a clear decision that will be the best for everyone, unlike GT6.

New console? It will be 3 and a half years old before GTS is out, at least. If we follow the pattern of how long GTS will have taken to be released, we can compare it to GT5 and the PS3. Which means the following GT title will coincide with a new console possibly, then it's a question of wether PDI can make a clear decision that will be the best for everyone, unlike GT6.

I use "new" lightly...at the end of the I love Gt6...yes it's not a perfect game by any means but it's still a very good game...and GTS sounds like a huge let down...I'll still play it but I'm seriously thinking of getting Forza as well...

This is exactly my thinking.

I race mostly at 500pp online and in the spirit of the game we choose different cars every other race. Sometimes we have 4 hour long racing sessions at Nur24h 1 lap sprint race which mostly turns out to be time chasing sessions.

I fear that the lack of cars compared to GT6 is going take some fun away from this. I race with guy who won't race anywhere other than The Ring at 500pp! But his variety comes from all the different cars that are on offer. For me it will be limiting because I don't downtune supercars to 500pp. I do like most racing catagories 500pp and over so over all it'll be fine, but I will miss the variety.

I really hope the delay is because they are working to include more cars. Oh and to make online less buggy!

GTS I hope will expand once released with more cars and tracks, I also love GT6 but happy to wait to see what they are working on.

In the mean time why don't you get Forza? (If funds allow) I picked up a cheap(ish) Xbone and brought Forza Horizon 2, Forza Horizon3, Forza 5 and Forza6 and quite a bit of dlc. Forza5/6 bundle in Gold sale at the moment 50% off! (Bargain) These days there is no need to stick to one franchise. I play Assetto Corsa, Dirt Rally, Pcars, DriveClub etc on PS4.and brought VR for other games. If you like cars its worth trying Forza you don't know what you are missing out on...Mean while we are still waiting for news on GTS...👍

Last edited:
GTS I hope will expand once released with more cars and tracks, I also love GT6 but happy to wait to see what they are working on.

In the mean time why don't you get Forza? (If funds allow) I picked up a cheap(ish) Xbone and brought Forza Horizon 2, Forza Horizon3, Forza 5 and Forza6 and quite a bit of dlc. Forza5/6 bundle in Gold sale at the moment 50% off! (Bargain) These days there is no need to stick to one franchise. I play Assetto Corsa, Dirt Rally, Pcars, DriveClub etc on PS4.and brought VR for other games. If you like cars go and play all these games you don't know what you are missing out on...Mean while we are still waiting for news on GTS...👍
If he has a PC with Windows 10 and Direct X 12 you could try to free version of FM6.

GT sport to be called GT7 is just a massive hit below. Every gt game is supposed to be bigger and better with more features more cars more tracks and at the moment gt sport has about enough tracks just make gran turismo 1 again and as for cars? There needs to be more. And also mrclep this is a forum dedicated to racing games and practically everything is to racing games, you might be in the wrong place there. Unless you're drunk.

I use "new" lightly...at the end of the I love Gt6...yes it's not a perfect game by any means but it's still a very good game...and GTS sounds like a huge let down...I'll still play it but I'm seriously thinking of getting Forza as well...
Personally if i was still in the hunt for a GT type game which I'm not because i now have choices, i would certainly be looking at Forza. I have the physics i need now on console so i can do without GT, but if it still had the magic from GT1-GT4 I'd get it still.
Seems like an odd thing to say in a forum dedicated to racing games :lol:
I read it as it looks like another game as in doesnt look like a GT game, rather than any other game. Might be wrong though.

GTS looks like another racing game...Boring....Hope for a more traditional GT-serie game.
EgIZHSC.png

Is GTS going to be playable on PS4 or PS4 Pro?? What exactly is PS4 Pro? Sorry for the ignorance I just got a PS4 and I usually don't keep up on the news on consoles.

Is GTS going to be playable on PS4 or PS4 Pro?? What exactly is PS4 Pro? Sorry for the ignorance I just got a PS4 and I usually don't keep up on the news on consoles.

It will be playable on both as will all PS4 games. The PS4 Pro is the top of the range model released in November 2016 - it is a more powerful console to enable enhanced graphical performance. Search this site or google for the full spec and further details.

Join the club! I and my friends are all feeling distinctly under whelmed by what we have seen and heard of GTS so far - it appears to be a very narrowly focussed game with not many features not many cars and not many tracks.

Yeah, it'll play on any PS4 model so you don't need to worry about that. On the ps4 pro, GTS will look better than any other normal ps4 console.

I would think there almost certainly will be a GT7, but you're probably talking about 2019-2020 for release. It's always the same story with PD.

Very early will be beautiful graphics showcases and hugely ambitious talk of the new "universe" that will now be possible with new hardware, but in reality the release dates always slide, and when titles do finally drop, they have many areas that seem to feel unfinished.

I think basically they are dreamers and perfectionists, who can never get enough time to make a game. I honestly think that without pressure from Sony they would never release anything.

GT sport to be called GT7 is just a massive hit below. Every gt game is supposed to be bigger and better with more features more cars more tracks and at the moment gt sport has about enough tracks just make gran turismo 1 again and as for cars? There needs to be more. And also mrclep this is a forum dedicated to racing games and practically everything is to racing games, you might be in the wrong place there. Unless you're drunk.

Everyone here needs to take a chill pill lol.

remember what Kaz said in regards to the ps2 models in gt6 and regarding the future of gt?

Kaz said "I think I'll hold on to the archive"

Which in itself isn't too promising but when you look at what was going on in gt6...you get the idea that he's going to bring back 50% of the cars from GT6 and eventually have another GT-like game.

I'll drop one hint. If you delete all your update data for GT6, make a new account and play the game, take note of the superbird and old charger models..update the game to the latest versions. You'll notice although the cars are still standards with black interiors..the exteriors of these ps2 models have been completely revamped somewhere in the last 8 updates IIRC. Now ask yourself...why would they do this to standard models and not mention anything about it in update changelogs? Likewise I can count over 50 unsuspecting standard cars that have been brought to a higher poly count than what was in the base game before(in 1.00 these very same cars looked as bad as the other ps2 models, obviously lacking polys in the right areas as they were straight ps2 ports). They are still standards but the exterior is much improved to almost 3/4 detail of premium cars. And from afar they do not look like standard models. At all. Why do this to an aging game on last generation that isnt bringing in new revenue? And why do it silently?

Bottom line..They are going to make another traditional GT-like game, or at least they had big plans to from the time they were updating GT6.

Last edited:
They are still standards but the exterior is much improved to almost 3/4 detail of premium cars. And from afar they do not look like standard models. At all. Why do this to an aging game on last generation that isnt bringing in new revenue? And why do it silently?
It's more like 1/2 the detail.

Either way, why create a bunch of new premiums that are supposed to be "future proof", just to throw them out the door and recreate them all over again? It's PD being PD, and likely a wild guess that will not help us figure out "this' nor "that." I'm having a very hard time believing that they're going to bring in retouched standards, after apparently redoing the premiums in the first place.

Latest Posts

Back