GT Sport Beta Video Blowout: Nürburgring and Brands Hatch Replays

What did they do with the other tracks that we have on Gt6? Where ´s Monza, Sarthe, Motegi, Laguna Seca, etc.?

Headlights are on but they don't seem to cast any light that I can see.

Because they don't. The replays LOOK absolutely amazing. I haven't played it but based on everything I've seen I'm sorry to say it's just not cutting it. Usually I want more transition whine but man this takes it to another level.

Because they don't. The replays LOOK absolutely amazing. I haven't played it but based on everything I've seen I'm sorry to say it's just not cutting it. Usually I want more transition whine but man this takes it to another level.

Excessive transmission whine eh? You like this then

I know this. That's why I said I usually want to hear more of it in games. The sound is all mid and high end treble so naturally it's going to be the most predominant sound the mic will pick up in these video's. IRL even if the this were completely accurate there would be so much more going on in that car that the experience would make up for it. This is where as a video game you have to fill in some of the blanks with interpretation much like FFB and physics. So regardless real or not to me the cars I've heard from this game sound like electric cars with racing transmissions. Just my opinion.

This is how it's done

Last edited by a moderator:
Not trying to get crazy, just want to bring examples to my argument. Here's a video of the G-T-R with way more engine sound. It could be as simple as mic placement.

You are not playing fair mate.Thats iRacing.
The example is there to show a better balance between trans and engine sounds. What does it matter if it's Iracing. I wanted to use Assetto but for their 911 didnt have enough transmission. Which goes back to my simple point. The sound is there, GT Sport is just over doing it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The example is there to show a better balance between trans and engine sounds. What does it matter if it's Iracing. I wanted to use Assetto but for their 911 did have enough transmission. Which goes back to my simple point. The sound is there, GT Sport is just over doing it.

I agree with you but again...its iRacing.(I hope you get my point ;) )

I've watched a bit of both videos (on mute) and I'm pretty blown away by the visuals. I can't comment on the sound, because I'm deaf! :lol:

That said, I am legitimately looking forward to the game's retail release.

iRcaing is the best in the market at this point imo.
What should you compare it to then? The worst in the market? Isn't comparing to the best the natural thing to do? Especially when your product has a budget that is many times greater than most of it's competitors with one possible exception?

Thanks for the mention, Kyle. I'll be uploading another one sometime today. It's going to have more angles than just cockpit and replay view... and with the McLaren GT3.

Even though this is just a beta that may or may not have been long in the making and taken a while to be released, let's just hope the end product fixes/improves a lot of the issues that are being mentioned about it. Something like the brake and head lights not being reflected off the ground, I'm sure the devs clearly noticed that since they had it in GT6. I mean at this point despite how visually heavy this game already looks, there shouldn't be excuses such as, the console can't handle it, the game is already too big to add anything or it's going to take a while (it'll be in a future update) and etc. Would really like to see GT/PD be at the very top or at least close to it once again.

What should you compare it to then? The worst in the market? Isn't comparing to the best the natural thing to do? Especially when your product has a budget that is many times greater than most of it's competitors with one possible exception?

Ok then.Comparing GTS (as far as it can be done since we olny have the beta) and iRacing then I'd say that GTS in failing.In other words its not a proper sim racing game.
Since GTS imo is not a hardcore sim racing game its not fair/right to do that comparison but since you want to do that then thats the truth.GTS has great graphics but thats about it.

The headlights looks great at night, with just one little(big) thing letting them down; they don't project onto anything, so they are essentially flippin' useless...

I know this. That's why I said I usually want to hear more of it in games. The sound is all mid and high end treble so naturally it's going to be the most predominant sound the mic will pick up in these video's. IRL even if the this were completely accurate there would be so much more going on in that car that the experience would make up for it. This is where as a video game you have to fill in some of the blanks with interpretation much like FFB and physics. So regardless real or not to me the cars I've heard from this game sound like electric cars with racing transmissions. Just my opinion.

This is how it's done

Wow! That sound is amazing for a game!

I hope this just comes out already! Can't remember when we were last shown so many videos/betas/exhibition articles from our delayed GT, I hope the physics play their part as I'm sure the graphics will look hot. Been playing AC at the weekend, 911 RSR at brands and monza and that will take some beating

I agree with Johnn here. You see how much Assetto Corsa has done with such a small team that there is no excuse for Turn 10 and Kaz. We are getting closer than we ever have on console and maybe PCARS 2 will bring it. But I'm still waiting for one game to bring it all together. Forget dynamic weather night day transitions. I just want a game with good physics, sound and replays that I can watch. Kunos almost did it but they forgot to include every basic feature/option racing games have had for the past ten years.

I agree with Johnn here. You see how much Assetto Corsa has done with such a small team that there is no excuse for Turn 10 and Kaz. We are getting closer than we ever have on console and maybe PCARS 2 will bring it. But I'm still waiting for one game to bring it all together. Forget dynamic weather night day transitions. I just want a game with good physics, sound and replays that I can watch. Kunos almost did it but they forgot to include every basic feature/option racing games have had for the past ten years.

The Pc version of AC is a lot different than the Ps/Xbox.
With that said and since I agree with the logic here I would say that IMO SMS is much closer to deliver than PD at this point.

iRcaing is the best in the market at this point imo.

iRacing being "in your opinion" the best on the market is not really the basis for an argument. PD have a lot more money than iRacing and a larger development team, Gran Turismo sponsers a number a of world class racing events and is the most successful racing game franchise.

Not only that, but a bunch of companies compete on a level playing field with iRacing in every area other than online infrastructure, which is the key area that iRacing dominates.

iRacing being "in your opinion" the best on the market is not really the basis for an argument. PD have a lot more money than iRacing and a larger development team, Gran Turismo sponsers a number a of world class racing events and is the most successful racing game franchise.

Not only that, but a bunch of companies compete on a level playing field with iRacing in every area other than online infrastructure, which is the key area that iRacing dominates.

Yes its my opinion.The fact that PD and GT sponsers racing events and have more money does not make their product better that any other in the market.Again a larger development team does not mean that the product is better.Kunos has a small team but look at their product.
In terms of sim racing at the moment,iRacing is the best option.If you think its not,thats your opinion too.
iRacing have better physics,great online/esports community and more depth overall (in terms of "simulation":Dynamic track,real cars,lazer scanned tracks,detailed setup options ext).These are facts.
GTS is years ahead as far as graphics but thats it.

Yes its my opinion.The fact that PD and GT sponsers racing events and have more money does not make their product better that any other in the market.Again a larger development team does not mean that the product is better.Kunos has a small team but look at their product.
In terms of sim racing at the moment,iRacing is the best option.If you think its not,thats your opinion too.
iRacing have better physics,great online/esports community and more depth overall (in terms of "simulation":Dynamic track,real cars,lazer scanned tracks,detailed setup options ext).These are facts.
GTS is years ahead as far as graphics but thats it.
You miss the point entirely. You thinking that iRacing is the best does not allow you to excuse it from any comparison of other games as if to say iRacing is too good and other companies don't need to judge themselves by that standard. That's a load of nonsense.

And those are not facts, as an iRacing member myself since 2010 if you think your opinions are facts then you're a clown.

You miss the point entirely. You thinking that iRacing is the best does not allow you to excuse it from any comparison of other games as if to say iRacing is too good and other companies don't need to judge themselves by that standard. That's a load of nonsense.

And those are not facts, as an iRacing member myself since 2010 if you think your opinions are facts then you're a clown.
I am a clown because dynamic track in iracing is my opinion and not a fact.Personal attacks as an argument.Have a nice day.

Back