dice1998

Yo Mamma.
Premium
United States
Vero Beach, FL
dice1998
S1WpvYL.jpg

FEATURES:

• WELCOME TO MOTORNATION – TAKE THE CHALLENGE TO THE GROUND, SEA, AND SKY Push boundaries and take on new experiences in iconic locations. Fly and spin through fog and clouds above the snowcapped Rocky Mountains, burn rubber in the backstreets of New York City, sweep through the Mississippi River, and explore every inch of the Grand Canyon. Driving your dream hypercar, riding some of the most iconic American bikes, and taking control of the swiftest aerobatic planes and powerboats: opportunities for fun and challenges are limitless in a fully redesigned USA.
  • BE THE CHAMPION YOU WANT TO BE - Join four different motorsports families from around the country: street and pro racers, off-road experts, and freestylers. They’ll hook you up with new rides, and they’ll introduce you to their own unique motorsports culture and set of disciplines. Through competitions and chance encounters, find and hone your personal style, collect and customize your dream rides, show them off in your HQ, and make your mark on the entire US motorsports scene.
  • SHARE AND SHINE IN A CONNECTED WORLD - The world of The Crew® 2 is fueled by the need to share your personal accomplishments and unique moments with friends and others – break records and be a pioneer! Every time you achieve something, it will be saved as a new challenge for other players, while you will be encouraged to surpass the feats of others. Capture and share all of your best moments with the press of a button.

Coming Early 2018 Mid-to-Late June 2018!
Out Now!

Last edited:
Hopefully the map is a bit less ambitious in terms of size this time. Trying to do a game spread across all of America was clearly too much of a task. Also hoping for better physics and a less bleugh "story".

If PS+ still isn't required to play and I could still do the whole game solo if I want, sure, I'm in. But not for full price unless they improve the physics and add more cars I give a crap about.

Wherever the game takes place, I hope they make better use of all the expansive off-the-beaten-path areas. The roads in The Crew were pretty good, better than FH2/FH3 (if the physics were as good), but the distribution of landmarks/cities and detail was very uneven, wasting a significant portion of the map. Including all that ugly emptiness "beyond the road", with those horribly unpolished boulders and rock formations and stuff.

I've had too much fun with the first game to not be interested in this one. I do agree that some aspects, most importantly the physics, could use some work, but I consider the original a decent allrounder nonetheless. Well, it most certainly could've been a lot worse is what I'm trying to imply.

Now, for the obligatory speculations, the jokey side of me wants to say "beyond the road" means boats of some sort, for no particular reason. Aside from that, is it too early to speculate on Europe, possibly? The 510 apparently had/has connections in Europe with import/export of stolen cars, so there's an obvious link there.

Either that or it's made just to connect the Ubisoft Multiverse, spanning all the way from San Francisco and London to Bolivia and Kyrat. "Take *insert person from one Ubi game* to his meeting point in *insert location of a completely different Ubi game*" and so on, in which case I might as well watch a Marvel movie.

Last edited:
Oh wow are you serious? There's actually a sequel to The Crew!? Just when I was watching Slap's latest vid and scrolling through the comments on YT, someone mentioned "The Crew 2" was teased on facebook(?), I thought it was fake, but it turned out to be true after all!?

My impressions with the first game wasn't all that positive nor negative, more in between because it was additive at first but the physics wasn't good either imo. However, I really did not like the storyline whatsoever and after coming back to playing it again, I found it to be very boring thanks to FH3. So basically what I'm saying is, I don't think I will be getting the sequel this time around, even if the devs fixed the physics.

I didn't expect another crew game to be honest. I had a lot of fun on the first game. Like everyone else is saying the physics need a lot of work. Also we need a lot more customization. The customization in the first game was kinda weak. Not that much to offer.

If they keep their update/dlc policy I probably won't buy it at release and will pick it up later when it's cheaper. Pretty disappointed especially with the last DLC, definitely not worth 25€. Even though the game was fun for the first 160 hours.

Interest peaking!
Wow, I may actually look further into this as it nears release, looking forward to E3 for more info. :)

As a side, I'm currently enjoying Ubisoft's Wildlands game.
Their physics engine in this game are far superior to what I'm been used to in the GT series, in my opinion of course.
The handling and damage engine are so much fun to watch and experience, maybe Ubi will translate this physics into the new Crew2??

They (Ubisoft) also did an excellent job of the giant open world of Bolivia. Maybe they're learning? ;)

Lol, just got done reading the comments at the official Ubisoft forum for the The Crew 2.

Allow me to summarize: "It should be free to make up for the first one" or "We shouldn't have to pay for DLC this time", "the first one was so terrible that I played it for 200 hours, I hope the sequel isn't so boring" and so on.

With fans like these, who needs enemies?

I honestly think some people should sell their Consoles and PC's, quit playing games altogether and perhaps even take up a new hobby like Dominos or Paper Mache because clearly, games just don't make them happy anymore. It's not just The Crew either, look at all the bashing ME:A received. Sure it had some shortcomings, but it's still an enjoyable game that was reviewed 7/10 and 8/10 on steam. Maybe people haven't figured out yet that there is no such thing as the perfect game. The constant pessimism from gamers is just getting really old.

I'm not that familiar with The Crew. I didn't have my Xbox One when the first game came out, so I pretty much ignored it. But I'll definitely keep a close watch on the sequel.

If the physics in the first game are as bad as some are saying, then I will pay special attention to that. I don't want a repeat experience of NFS 2015.

I didn't think The Crew was that successful to be granted a sequel, but I'm certainly glad that happened.

The first game wasn't bad, rather just very meh in pretty much everything apart from the map.

Hopefully the sequel will greatly improve in all areas, mainly physics, polish, sounds, graphics and car list.

Should be interesting. I liked the first game, but if it wasn't for the poor driving physics and lacklustre sound design then I would probably be an avid fan of it. Hopefully the sequel should fix those problems and then some :)

I didn't think The Crew was that successful to be granted a sequel, but I'm certainly glad that happened.

The first game wasn't bad, rather just very meh in pretty much everything apart from the map.

Hopefully the sequel will greatly improve in all areas, mainly physics, polish, sounds, graphics and car list.

I remember when The Crew hit the 5 million player mark last April which was a huge milestone. I just read today they hit the 12 million mark, wow! That is very successful (by any metric) especially for a racing game. I'm not sure what Horizon 3's total player numbers are, but I don't think it's anywhere close to The Crew.

http://blog.ubi.com/crew-hits-12-million-player-milestone/

Over 12 million players have taken the great American road trip so far, playing more than tens of thousands of years’ worth of in-game hours and taking over 30,000 in-game pictures daily

Hopefully the map is a bit less ambitious in terms of size this time. Trying to do a game spread across all of America was clearly too much of a task. Also hoping for better physics and a less bleugh "story".
They should cover a smaller country, like Italy.
If they keep their update/dlc policy I probably won't buy it at release and will pick it up later when it's cheaper. Pretty disappointed especially with the last DLC, definitely not worth 25€. Even though the game was fun for the first 160 hours.
Surely 160 hours of fun is worth £60? 1 nights drinking on the town for me =£60.

I enjoyed the first iteration. However, what annoyed me was the story. It was too short for my liking and that's, unfortunately, a trend of many games out there. Didn't use any of the Crew features of the game as didn't find a use for them but the rest of the game was enjoyable. Handling, like many others, felt a bit off and I'm sure they'll improve on it.

I really need to fire up The Crew, I haven't played it since last September (when FH3 came out), I didn't bother with the CAU expansion since I was so into FH3 at the time. Of course now I'm completely absorbed in the Hot wheels expansion....

I'm going to go against the grain and say the arcade physics didn't bother me (this is after they patched them and added more weight to the cars). I went in expecting arcade physics so I wasn't surprised. The physics were still a notable improvement over TDU's physics model and a vast improvement over TDU2. However, that being said, I do enjoy Horizon 3's physics a lot more and I certainly wouldn't mind it if Ubisoft addressed this concern since it's very high on a lot of players wish list. I would also like to see a lot more detail and landmarks added to the map (wherever the next game takes place), places like the Niagara Falls were not very well done.

I don't want a repeat experience of NFS 2015

I wouldn't say that's the case here.

I can't compare it to it's main rival of FH3, but I can say that the feel, to me, is a bit like Need For Speed during the golden years - arcadey in the sense that cars pick up (and achieve high) speeds a little too well, fly a bit wonkily when you hit a jump, corner a bit too well and is slighty on the slidey side of handling. Nowhere near as bad as 2015, but not exactly a simulation either.

Not that I particularly mind the physics themselves as they make for a quite-good-yet-not-completely-over-the-top arcade game that'll be perfectly fine with pretty much anything you do within it. What I'd say mainly needs fixing in that regard is the collision logic (I'm looking at you, 300mph-cannon) and tiny bits here and there that could use some refinements.

As for more specific stuff I hope to see: 3 of the 5 V12 Lamborghinis are in the first game. I'm going to assume they're not going away, in which case I'd love to see them bridge the gap between the Miura and the Murcielago. I've said it time and time again, having the Lamborghini license and not having at least one of each V12 should be illegal.

Back