The Six Things We Can't Wait to See at E3 2017

On the surprise/hardware topics, I think there could be something on Logitech side.

It is many years they have not developped anything really new (G29, G920 and even G27 were light evolutions of the 2006 G25) and with all big racing games being released this year, it is a unique opportunity.

I wish a Driveclub 2.
I already have the bêta of gt sport and I don't know if I would take it when he been release.
But I wanna to see some Project CARS 2 gameplay on a normal PS4 to see how is the game with the power of PS4.

I found PCars a little frustrating, and frankly a little too "dry" for my tastes. But my biggest disappointment was the almost total lack of a photo mode. If they put in a photo mode as robust as GT's or Forza's, and back down the serious knob by just one click, I'll get PCars2.

I'm unreasonably excited about Gravel: http://gravelvideogame.com/

I'm looking forward to something genuinely different in racing gameplay. That might be a hope too far, but as I've posted elsewhere in this forum PCars2 has lost some love thanks to the void being filled by Assetto and GT Sport (eventually) for sim and online respectively. It's the same issue with rallying at the moment, I've been tempted by Dirt4, but I have yet to master Dirt Rally in it's entirety (not sure I will) so am put off by their next gen (unfair as that is, it's a very different game by all reports). So I'm left with something left field, and I hope that's Gravel. If not then Dirt4 it'll be (and on sale by then too!).

I'm excited to see what Forza 7 will offer but I have huge concerns about the potential gulf between the XB1 and Scorpio.

I'm excited to see what Forza 7 will offer but I have huge concerns about the potential gulf between the XB1 and Scorpio.

Absolutely. I've got a pro, having sold my standard PS4 to a friend to help them get online - and I can't say that it's a massive leap, though the 4k graphics and HDR are fantastic.
But looking at the Scorpio specs that are doing the rounds it's hard to see how a game is going to be optimised for both, they could be miles apart in performance. It'll be interesting to see how the XBox community handles that, I mean, the PS4 world seems largely unchanged at least for now..

Absolutely. I've got a pro, having sold my standard PS4 to a friend to help them get online - and I can't say that it's a massive leap, though the 4k graphics and HDR are fantastic.
But looking at the Scorpio specs that are doing the rounds it's hard to see how a game is going to be optimised for both, they could be miles apart in performance. It'll be interesting to see how the XBox community handles that, I mean, the PS4 world seems largely unchanged at least for now..
Honestly, devs have been optimising for all sorts of different hardware in PC version of their games for ever. Optimising for only two sets of hardware will be a breeze.

Honestly, devs have been optimising for all sorts of different hardware in PC version of their games for ever. Optimising for only two sets of hardware will be a breeze.

PC versions of games don't always go complete optimized like the console versions. Often it's not the fault of hardware, but software, so it's not as 'plug-n-play' as consoles.

I can't wait to hear news on Forza Motorsports 7. I'm hoping they implement a similar system like in FH3 were you can customize your events. Oh, and PC specs, of course.

I'm extremly sceptical but I really hope polyphony has something really special to show. I mean the console they are developing on is almost at the end of its life cycle .

Indeed they have, with vastly different experiences for the players across the PC spectrum. One of the classics I heard was the alleged better online shooter performance low spec players were getting as they didn't get grass mapped - allowing them to see other prone shooters.

My point is really that between the PS4 and the Pro there's really not a lot of difference to note (at the moment) but with the XBoxOneX (is that right!?) I can see there being quite a gap between the two consoles, so more of a next gen console rather than an enhancement.

Back