Project CARS 2 and Forza Motorsport 7 Win Awards at Gamescom 2017

"Project CARS 2 picked up a decisive win in the “Best Simulation” category. The nominees pitted against the Slightly Mad Studios title were much more varied, with the only other racing game being F1 2017"

Breaking news, PC2 a better simulator than F1 2017, wow I did not see that coming, surely it is the best 2017 simulator out there when not compared to any other simulator. Thanks God we have Gamescom to help us make judicious choices.:D

Nice article.

There's been a mistake though.

This article was published by Gary Slater (@AUDI Man) on August 29th, 2017 in the Forza Motorsport 7 category.
Screenshot_2017-08-29-17-14-52~2.jpg

"Project CARS 2 picked up a decisive win in the “Best Simulation” category. The nominees pitted against the Slightly Mad Studios title were much more varied, with the only other racing game being F1 2017"

Breaking news, PC2 a better simulator than F1 2017, wow I did not see that coming, surely it is the best 2017 simulator out there when not compared to any other simulator. Thanks God we have Gamescom to help us make judicious choices.:D
Maybe you could only enter your game for one category at a time and they didn't think it was a good enough racing game to go up against Forza? *shrugs*

Last edited:
Nice article.

There's been a mistake though.

I don't know what you're talking about... ;)

Small problem with the blog software. That, and Newsie can be a little temperamental if we don't feed him a regular supply of ones and zeros.

I don't put much stake in these awards, but I still would like an explanation. Math may not be my strength. A racing game wins Best Simulator, but apparently it does not simulate racing well enough to win Best Racing Game. Hmm... :odd:

Well it still is a game you know but if average joe has to pick best game I think higher fidelity sims score lower in thede contests.
Hence the separate sim and game awards, like I said above?

I think SMS needs at least some of those average joes to help pay for the next game in the series unless I'm drastically underestimating the amount of money they raise through crowdfunding. If so, they need to make it accessible to them as well. How well it manages that balancing act is probably what's represented in the judges' awards.

Last edited:
Back