360 vs. 900 degree turning

• Thread starter hessi
  • 4 comments

hessi

Premium
GTP_hessi
For the past 8 months, I've used an old Logitech MOMO with GT5. Since it doesn't work with Shift 2, Grid 3 or apparently any other racing came, I finally decided to get a DFGT today.

All in all, I'm a little underwhelmed at the moment - the pedals are nearly identical, the wheel is very similar, too - actually, the biggest improvement is the full set of buttons so that I don't need the DS3 to navigate through the menu.

Interestingly enough, I'm encountering problems with the turning degree of the DFGT. The MOMO has barely 300 degree, so you can not even go upside-down on either left or right. This works reasonably well, I'm used to it.
With the DFGT and its 900 degree freedom, I find it difficult to catch a car out of a drift, for example. In normal situations (except tight hairpin curves like Eiger) it's more than enough to turn the wheel 90 degree, but as soon as I'm losing the car in a drift, I need to go far beyond 180 degree, often doing a full 360 so that the wheels have any influence on the car's direction. This not only takes some getting used to, it also requires a very tight and sturdy mount for the wheel, which I thought I had, but turns out not to be adequate for the DFGT.

So, long story short: Is it just me or is the 900 degree turning capability of the DFGT more a curse than a feature? And is there a way of limiting the turning angles of the wheel?

Sometimes it's useful and other time not so helpful depending on the game.
I'm no drifter but I can see how this would take time to get use too.
The only way to change the degree of rotation is by software either from the game options (the only console option) or by Logitech Profiler on the PC.
As far as keeping the wheel from sliding put a piece of "Easy Liner" under your wheel.

For GTR Evo I run 292deg, and for Shift2, 900deg in Logitech profiler, but 340 ingame{I don't drift though}.
In F1 2010 I had it down to 140-160deg believe it or not....I won heaps of online races against G25/27 champs/chumps, so it must've worked.

The proper upgrade from an older wheel is a G27 or a Fanatec+CSP.

Back