360hp test

• Thread starter bigrosten
  • 8 comments
So I've been playing gt4 for a while now and thinking of new things to do. So i start bombing around tsukuba (my favorite track) with an m3csl. Stock engine and tranny but everything else done. I get to thinking what cars would be the fastest at 360hp (stock for m3) and under. So i get to work... these are the cars I did in one day im gonna try and do all the cars that start at under 360hp eventually. All the cars are modded extensively with the exception of a stock gear ratio and no nitrous in any of them. All the times where done on r5 supersoft tires. Here are times from slowest to fastest so far.

Spoon civic type r '00 - 303hp - 101.742
Felt really slow when tires where grabbin and overpowered when spinning, understeers like a mother. Engine sound hurts my ears so i turn down the tv.

Toyota corolla Gt apex '83 - 243hp - 58.039
Feels like a lot faster time than it was, very satisfying drive at the limits, a bit slow on the straights, but fun.

Celica gt4 '98 - 352hp - 57.110
I really wanted there to be afaster time for this car because going into this it was one of my favorites to win... unfortunately not. fun when tuned to more power though... doesnt matter for this comparison.

Dodge srt4 '03 - 353hp - 56.830
This one suprised me pleasently... I thought it would drive similar to the civic, but it didn't have nearly the understeer of the spoon. Could still tell it was fwd though... im not a big fan of pushing through corners.

Audi s4 '03 - 359hp - 56.782
Felt like a very big car and top heavy. Not all unpleasent but not at home on a small track. Would rank higher on a more open course.

Toyota ae86 ss version - 315hp - 56.438
Super fun, Feels very fast and my times kept getting better each lap. Im sure a better driver could vastly improve upon this time.

Mitubishi evo MRgsr '04 - 350hp - 55.648
Took a couple laps to get used to this one as i drove it right after the rx7. Doesn't feel as fast as the 86 ss but "the proof is in the puddin" i guess is the saying.

Nissan Skyline gtr vspecII '00 - 360hp - 55.212
Im not a very big skyline fan... However i felt it deserved a chance in this comparison. It did do better than i thought as i was expecting it to not perform as well without the massive amounts of power it is capable of producing. However i found it was much more fun to drive and not so peaky at this hp.

Toyota supra rz '97 - 360hp - 54.861
Also capable of huge power. Also alot less high strung with less. I am used to driving this car fully tuned though and kept wanting to go faster ont he straights. Very quiet and subdued with this much power.

Mazda rx7 '95 - 349hp - 54.816
Damn I love rotarie engines, they should have the old fb rx7s in this game. Rx7 is fun and tossable at any hp, if a bit tail happy.

Nissan 350z '02 - 355hp - 54.409
Kind of boring. Puts up fast lap times but i feel uninvolved? I thought this one would be more fun...

Honda s2000 '04 - 357hp - 54.060
This one was very fun to drive. It can slide, it can grip. Seat fo the pants tells you its fast. I thought it would be the one to knock the nsx off the throne.

BMW m3 csl '03 - 360hp - 53.814
There is something to be said for the fact that this is the only car with a totally stock engine and it comes in second. There is gobs or torque, and it pulls hard in any gear at any rpm. This car is easy as pie to drift and truthfully if i had to pick one of these to be the only car i would drive this would be the one.

Honda nsx type r '02 - 359hp - 53.515
This car is a rocket at this amount of hp. The weight balance makes it extremely tossable and rewarding of agressive driving. Mild oversteer makes hairpins a breaze and you can get right back into the throttle instantly in a corner it seems.

The next car i will be testing will be the mr2 to see how it stacks against the nsx. Im sure that all of these times can be beaten by a lot of people as i am far from the skills of a lot of the videos i have seen on here. i would be interested to see what kind of times others can get with similar settups. All these times where done with a gt force wheel. no driving aids

I bet it was fun comparing all these cars. I did something very similar with a bunch of cars, but I used similar power to weight ratios instead of just horsepower. You can get much closer in performance that way. I had cars with anywhere from 450-600 hp. I raced them all at Sears Point (Infineon) on the NASCAR course. It was a good time, especially in the Stew, because it just oversteered all over the track, but it was quick. That car really kept me on my toes! The king of my comparison was also the NSX Type-R. I guess it's just a badass car.

Good test! One to try is the Opel Speedster as modified for the Speedster cup. On racing hards my 270bhp example got around Tsukuba in 55 seconds, but it was running a custom box. Still, it should be competitive. I'll bet the Suzuki GSX/R-4 will be pretty quick too.

EDIT: OOOOOPS not racing hards. It was running on Racing Softs. R4s. ajolopies....

Back