McLaren Senna (P15)

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 208 comments

RocZX

Premium
United States
New York
mclaren-hypercar.jpeg
Its mission is to be the most extreme, track-concentrated road car McLaren has yet designed.

To be publicly revealed in the first quarter of 2018, it will be delivered ahead of a second future Ultimate Series model codenamed BP23 which aims to be the world’s first Hyper-GT. As members of the McLaren Ultimate Series, both will be produced in very limited numbers and all examples are already assigned. Ultimate Series models are positioned above McLaren’s core Super Series and have a distinct focus. Previous examples of the Series include the McLaren P1™ and McLaren P1™ GTR.

This next model to join the Ultimate Series will be the ultimate track car but will be road legal. Daily usability is being sacrificed to give the most intensive driver experience around a circuit. Its design, described as brutal, will be the purest expression yet of the company’s ‘form follows function’ philosophy.

More details, including the car’s name, will be revealed before the end of this year.
McLaren

Sport-Super-Hyper-Mega-Ultimate-....

The superlatives are getting harder to top. It's like Dragonball Z except with cars. At this point even GTA is having a hard time producing facsimiles fast enough to keep up with the real world.

No it's quite easy to understand, they even say it's a hyper car and have said that since this isn't the first thread to talk about this car. Ultimate as said here is just to help differentiate that this is the pinnacle McLaren has to give for a road going car. It works quite simple you have sports cars, super cars, and finally hyper cars. Only one company has used the term "Mega" and that was for the One:1. All of them at the end of the day are derivative of the old term "exotic" car.

It was announced prior with this one
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...t-aerodynamic-road-going-mclaren-ever.351253/

So my guess is this is the the more insane version of the BP 23 we'll find out. Typically though McLaren aren't known for producing multiple hyper cars at one but rather variations of the base version.

Isn't the BP23 being classed as a hyper-GT though? From what I've been reading, the P15 is going to be the most aggressively track focused Mclaren yet, with sacrificing usability for track performance.

Isn't the BP23 being classed as a hyper-GT though? From what I've been reading, the P15 is going to be the most aggressively track focused Mclaren yet, with sacrificing usability for track performance.

Which is what the P1 and P1 GTR were before these two, that's what I'm saying. And Before them it was the F1 and F1 LM. As I said this is what I expect to see. P23 be the road version of the more aggressive track version. The others in this range however, I don't expect to build a track version because I expect their cars to be both the track and road version in one package.

Well to be fair Mclaren haven't been through that cycle very many times.

True they've been through it twice and essentially did the same thing.

Even I, a fan of outrageous designs, think this thing is ugly as.... nah, don't wanna risk a ban.
Damn McLaren, lay down the crack pipe.
Also what's up with that HUGE overhang on the front? I thought one of the most important aero and handling rules is to keep it as short as possible.

Back