Five Xbox One X Benefits That Improve Forza Motorsport 7

'Admittedly, there aren’t many 1080P HDR-compatible sets out there'

But there are some, so I'm interested to know, does HDR work at 1080P resolution on XB1 or X HDR titles ?

I understand that they do on 1080P on a PS4, is this the same for XB ?

Thanks, I would not have thought about trying out my headphones after the update. Sound is a pretty big deal for immersion in racing games.

After looking at a lot of the One X footage for a bunch of different games, I'm very impressed by how it compares to the PC counterparts:tup:

In regards to the FM7 benefits, who would've thought that the enhanced graphics would make for a deeper experience!?

@SlipZtrEm

I'd like to see a screenshot comparison of the same livery on Xbox One/OneX in order to see these texturing improvements.

I can do one better than that, actually!

Video's in the works. I don't have any specific screenshots, unfortunately. But what I can do on the X is take pictures of one of my FM6 liveries and compare it to the FM7 equivalent.

I'm personally regretting my PS4 PRO purchase back in August, I should have left Sony and joined the Microsoft crowd. Only reason I bought a Sony was for Gran Turismo, and that's an embarrassment of a game. At least the Xbox One X can play 4K UHD movies; the price premium for that alone is worth it. Then there's the extra grunt of the machine... oh well

I'm personally regretting my PS4 PRO purchase back in August, I should have left Sony and joined the Microsoft crowd. Only reason I bought a Sony was for Gran Turismo, and that's an embarrassment of a game. At least the Xbox One X can play 4K UHD movies; the price premium for that alone is worth it. Then there's the extra grunt of the machine... oh well
I don’t know where you’re located, but you can always try selling it. You can probably get close to what you paid, being it’s so new. Also being this close to the holidays, lots of parents looking for deals.

Could do I guess. I wonder if PS4 will ever have 4K Blu Ray playback though.

I don’t know where you’re located, but you can always try selling it. You can probably get close to what you paid, being it’s so new. Also being this close to the holidays, lots of parents looking for deals.

I kinda doubt it since GT Sport's missing engines never turned up in the PS4 Pro version.

LOL ,spot on :D
Not to mention missing Le Mans in such game ;)

OT-im waiting on price drop for X1X,as i spent a good fortune this year upgrading pc,TV,etc..besides,other side is not naive anymore with "this stuff is old and needs upgrade"

bf3
LOL ,spot on :D
Not to mention missing Le Mans in such game ;)

OT-im waiting on price drop for X1X,as i spent a good fortune this year upgrading pc,TV,etc..besides,other side is not naive anymore with "this stuff is old and needs upgrade"
You could always try the "4k TV needs 4k content" excuse and lean heavily on the UHD Blu-Ray functionality of the console. Regular 4k players aren't that much cheaper than X1X.

You could always try the "4k TV needs 4k content" excuse and lean heavily on the UHD Blu-Ray functionality of the console. Regular 4k players aren't that much cheaper than X1X.

Tried that.
Not working either.
I guess its time to ask kids if they think this black box is thirsty..

Check out the full size renders on my flickr account... good lawd that detail is incredible. Can finally create my 4k wallpapers for the work monitor using photomode. Now if only Forza made their rendering engine look a tad more realistic... :-o

4k XBOX one X test by Aurimas, on Flickr

4k XBOX one X test by Aurimas, on Flickr
It all depends on the settings used, really. Some people can work some magic with the settings. I'm definitely satisfied with the One X, though!

I also gave you a follow on flickr 👍

I haven’t had a ton of time playing Forza 7 since I’ve gotten the console, but Assasins Creed Origins is absolutely gorgeous on the XB1X and a proper 4k TV. Highly recommend trying that one, plus it’s tons better than the AC games in recent years.

I haven’t had a ton of time playing Forza 7 since I’ve gotten the console, but Assasins Creed Origins is absolutely gorgeous on the XB1X and a proper 4k TV. Highly recommend trying that one, plus it’s tons better than the AC games in recent years.

I heard a lot of positive things about it at the One X event from other media, so I'm definitely looking forward to getting stuck into that one. I've only briefly played an AC game once a decade ago, so I'm going in essentially fresh to the franchise.

The hard thing is finding time to play all these non-racing games! :eek:

I don't even have a 4k TV yet and everything is looking substantially better. I'm looking forward to that game next, and I'm probably going to pick it up next week.

I'm also like the performance bump for games. On Destiny there was a section on the EDZ that resulted in some horrible frame issues when a special event would happen, and now its absolutely silky smooth when playing.

They couldn't upgrade the replays to 60fps?? I just did a race on the new X and it was butter smooth, only to watch the replay and see how bad it looks. So replays are still at 30 fps? This should be patched.

Latest Posts

Back