All-new 2019 Bentley Flying Spur spied.

• Thread starter Turbo
  • 22 comments

Turbo

(Banned)
United States
Elizabeth, New Jersey
Today, the third-generation Flying Spur was caught being tested in Sweden. Like the previous two generations, it will remain Continental-based. It will be powered by the 6.0L W12 which produces 626 horsepower, but a plug-in hybrid version is also planned. It will enter production in the fall of 2018.

bentley-flying-spur-winter-spy-7.jpg

http://www.carscoops.com/2017/12/bentley-still-coy-about-2019-flying.html

It's great that it finally has a proper RWD proportion, thanks to the new Porsche based MSB platform instead of the old Audi one.

This car seems to pack more mean style than elegance in its design. Not as many rounded lines. I do like the design of this Bentley.

This car seems to pack more mean style than elegance in its design. Not as many rounded lines. I do like the design of this Bentley.

I agree. It looks posh but could still kick your teeth in. It's "Raffles the Gentleman Thug" in car form.

Isn't that the point of high performance Bentley models nowadays? Basically a fist wrapped in velvet with some of the power numbers they are pushing out of that W12?

You know, I just remembered something. I said this new Flying Spur has very few elegant lines to it. Well, this newer Bentley kind of reminds me of the old Bentley Arnage from the late 1990s and early 2000s. This is still a mean luxury car.

Oh my word. Low and wide and sleek and sexy. Now that's what a luxury car should look like.

A 2200watt sound system!?!?!
19 speakers, dang i remember the days when all you had was one in the rear center like on my 69 Toronado or one right at the radio up front

Finally a legit aspirational car. Bentleys have always looked super ugly to me but their latest designs have all been wonderful.

It's better looking than the original bug eyed ones that came out like 5 years ago imo but that vertical bars grille doesn't look great, like they are trying to knock off RR.

I passed a Flying Spur test mule (looking very much like those in the second post down with the NASCAR-style painted on headlights) on the M1 last month. Looked much sleeker and sportier than the outgoing model. In proportion it appeared much like a 4-door Continental GT, like a 4-door coupe in the mould of an Aston Rapide or a Panamera rather than a RR Ghost alternative.

It's a handsome beast, for sure:
iris

It'll be interesting to see how it compares to the Continental GT in person and to drive, but for now I might prefer the Flying Spur on the condition that they offer it without those stupid red brake calipers.

It's a handsome beast, for sure:
iris

It'll be interesting to see how it compares to the Continental GT in person and to drive, but for now I might prefer the Flying Spur on the condition that they offer it without those stupid red brake calipers.

I believe the red calipers are required for the de-chroming option. I'm sure you could spec it otherwise outside of the configurator, though. Solid choice on the green/brown combo. Classic. 👍

I went with the subdued-Joker-mobile look:

Screen Shot 2019-06-13 at 11.14.20 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-13 at 11.14.42 AM.png

Normally I wouldn't go for extra chrome, but it oddly suits the Flying Spur IMO. Such a good shape versus the cheap Merc knockoff feel of the last one. The front overhang in particular really improves the stance.

Back